TNA Ruining ROH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA actually informed Ring of Honor late last year that they would no longer allow Samoa Joe to be a ROH regular. It is now believed Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries, and Homicide won't be ROH regulars by year's end.

This is a massive blow to ROH. To loose Joe is one thing but to loose Homiceide a guy who they spent nearly a year building into championship material. Aries who is my particular favorite ROH wrestler and Daniels. Hopefully TNA dont express any desire's on Denielson and Roderick Strong.

Everybody always talks about TNA being this "evil" company but TNA is following in those foot steps, the main reason most guys sign with TNA over the WWE is because they could still go and preform in ROH(very resecpted small company) and go overseas and wrestle in Japan, in many ways they may cause future(guys that would have sign with them over WWE) and current talent to "take the big check" and head on over to WWE, but then again maybe it's a good move because I truly believe if ROH had a TV deal like TNA and/or had a huge backer like TNA then they could easily take TNA's number two spot and would be in a better position to challenge WWE for the number one spot.

So TNA is now not allowed to protect their investments? I see exactly where TNA is coming from. Plus it's not like they aren't going to be allowed to do indy dates, they will just be booked through TNA now, which from what I understand will get Joe, Daniels, etc., more $$ than they would have gotten otherwise. Plus it has to do with DVD sales and pushes they will receive in TNA.

And I think it might have a little to do with Joe being injured doing ROH.

The fact that he was infured in ROH really won't of helped, so to be honest he needs to concentrate on TNA more.

But i respect ROH, and yes, they all can still do indy shows.

Dont get me wrong. TNA has every right ro protect there wrestler's. But the title of the thread is TNA Ruining ROH? And with a lot of wrestler's possibly leavibg I think the answer could be yes.

i would say ROH has the ability to create stars to fill the void left when these guys ultimately go..., but Joe, Cide, Angel, and Aries are hard guys to replace...Daniels, to be honest, doesnt do a whole lot for me, he is awesome, but he isnt really one of my favs, but Aries, on the other hand, man, i dont think ive seen a mediocre match from him yet...his bouts consistently blow me away

I think this sucks, esp. since TNA is only on one hour a week and hardly runs any house shows. It's not like they make any money so I don't really understnd why they are doing this.

I wish Aries would quit TNA and just stay with ROH and other independents. TNA is misusing the entire X-Divsion and Aries' "Austin Starr" gimmick is so gay.Why would he stay with TNA? Do they really pay him that much more only to use him for one 5 min. match every 2 weeks?

I think ROH will be fine, but like another poster said, if they had a TV deal they would easily be #2.

TNA isnt going to ruin ROH, TNA and WWE as a whole could possibly ruin ROH (not turning this into any sort of bashing theard just throwing in my 2 cents) but with WWE taking London,Gibson,Spanky,Yang and Punk and TNA already have taken Shelley,Styles,Dutt,Raven and Now Joe and possibly Aries,Homocide and Daniels, What is going to happen to ROH ? Is ROH their OVW ? IMO Nigel,Am Drag,Colt and possibly Brent Albright are going to be the major players this year. Nigel because he is an absolutly fantastic worker,Danielson because if Cide leaves for TNA he deserves his title back and Colt and Albright are just gut feeling. In closing, I dont believe TNA is destroying ROH now but in the future this could be a huge problem.

This to me, is a case of TNA making the tough choice of attracting indy talent by using a lax method of signing talent versus forgoing that to keep their in-house angles and pushes going. They are making a run at the WWE obviously by doing this because they feel that if they have an investment like Joe that goes off and gets hurt working a date that they see ZERO return for, it really throws a monkey wrench in their plans. It does cripple ROH, though, as Aries is one of the bread-and-butter performers of the company and even ran their school. I do think that ROH will rebound, though. They can find and get talent over like clockwork and have seen some of the best indy talents of this decade shoot through their ranks. I'd personally like TNA and ROH to join forces and unite their resources with a profit split that could see wrestlers who aren't exactly getting a good run to go try their hat working elsewhere to maybe get their bearings. Hell, if TNA gets big enough in the next few years, they could use ROH as a developmental territory. I still think it'd be cool for ROH to get a TV deal, though. It's what I like most. Wrestling without a ton of bulls**t attached.

I'm sure ROH will actually go to wrestling schools and recruit, it will have many attractions to young talent. However, as kasey stated TNA won't like any of their stars getting injured at an event where they see nothing in return for. ROH Hopefully won't be messed upo, but TNA has every right to stop what rightfully are their superstars from wrestling in ROH.

The sad part is, alot of these TNA wrestlers signed their TNA deals cause they were also allowed to wrestle for the indy's, but with TNA tightening that up, it doesnt look like they are going to be allowed to do outside shows unless TNA books it for them [which is just a way for TNA to make money off of the wrestlers hard work, which is complete BS]...& whoever said Joe got hurt in a ROH ring & couldnt wrestle for TNA got it backwards, Joe got hurt in a TNA ring & was unable to compete in ROH's Final Battle 2006, trust me i was there live in NYC for that ROH show, Joe was there & upset that he couldnt compete

Yes, it does suck that ROH is getting raided for talent...again...but it'll happen every 2-3 years cause thats how it works...will losing all of their tops stars to TNA suck, of course it does, but that doesnt stop ROH from creating the next Samoa Joe...if anything, it helps to shake up ROH a bit...this year is gonna be a big year for Jimmy Rave in ROH, he's probably gonna be their biggest star this year

plus ROH still has The Briscoe's, Colt Cabana, Nigel, AmDrag, Delirious, Sydal, Jacobs, Evans, etc...so i find it hard to believe that none of those guys can have main event level matches

The sad part is, alot of these TNA wrestlers signed their TNA deals cause they were also allowed to wrestle for the indy's, but with TNA tightening that up, it doesnt look like they are going to be allowed to do outside shows unless TNA books it for them [which is just a way for TNA to make money off of the wrestlers hard work, which is complete BS]

True, but with the growth of TNA and merchandise sales, DVD sales, etc., I see TNA's point. They don't want to compete in say DVD sales over their own talent.

And has you said they will still be allowed to wrestle the indy circuit, it has to be booked through TNA. I'm sure TNA is getting a nice cut from these bookings. TNA is also taking care of their wrestlers too.

So I'm sure it will be a big hit for ROH in the present, but I'm sure they will rebound in the near future and as someone posted, create the next Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back