• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Releases Daffney, Tessmacher and Kiyoshi?

Kenny Powers

Bulletproof Tiger
Article from tnawrestlingnews.com

Daffney was removed from TNAWrestling.com's roster page yesterday, which would likely indicate that she has parted ways with the organization. Reportedly, she has been used sparingly in recent months because organization officials were waiting for her contract to expire.

-- Miss Tessmacher has also been removed from the TNA roster page, indicating she has been released as well. We reported this a few weeks ago here on the website.

In addition to Daffney, Miss Tessmacher (noted last night) and Kiyoshi were also removed from the TNA Wrestling.com website roster pages Monday. This would indicate that they have parted ways with the organization.

Usually when wrestlers are removed from TNA's website, they are future endeavored. Any thoughts on the departed Kiyoshi, Miss Tessmacher, and the lovely zombie hot Daffney?

Usually when wrestlers are removed from TNA's website, they are future endeavored. Any thoughts on the departed Kiyoshi, Miss Tessmacher, and the lovely zombie hot Daffney?
Kiyoshiw wasn't really used, though there was potential in a tag-team with Okada before his thing with Joe started up. Tessmacher was a waste of a contract, and Daffney was awesome and shall be missed.

Kiyoshi hardly saw any TV time, which is unfortunate as he had potential to make a pretty big splash in the X Division if used correctly.

As far as Miss Tessmacher, who cares?

Daffney on the other hand will be missed. She was one of the best knockouts in TNA as far as in-ring talent. Not only that, but she is definitely zombie hot. Was always fun to see her on an episode of Impact.

It's nice to see TNA cutting some fat, but I think they are cutting the wrong fat.

They should have kept Kiyoshi to help rebuild the X Division.

I don't think any of those cuts were major because for one they weren't using Kiyoshi or Daffney anyway. I think they both have talent and could have been used well, but it doesn't matter if you cut someone if your not going to ever use them on television anyway. Plus the cuts were not severe because none of them could help save the sinking ship that is TNA right now, so you might as well keep on cutting away!

Kiyoshi hardly saw any TV time, which is unfortunate as he had potential to make a pretty big splash in the X Division if used correctly.

As far as Miss Tessmacher, who cares?

Daffney on the other hand will be missed. She was one of the best knockouts in TNA as far as in-ring talent. Not only that, but she is definitely zombie hot. Was always fun to see her on an episode of Impact.

It's nice to see TNA cutting some fat, but I think they are cutting the wrong fat.

They should have kept Kiyoshi to help rebuild the X Division.

I concur Daffney is the only one that was used out of those 3 noticably and even that was just to job....

Man, that pisses me off. Daffney is one of the best knockouts they had. She was HUGELY popular despite her being used sparingly. Definitely gonna miss her. Maybe the E could snatch her up? They got Kong, why not try and rebuild the Diva division with an addition of a veteran such as Daffney?

To me these 3 really don't matter.

As far as Daffney goes I think what hurt her was when she broke her wrist(?) during a match. Up until that time she was on every week. Once she got injured she came back jobbed for a few weeks and then that was it. Sometimes people get injured at the wrong time and if you don't have the draw power or big name you lose your spot.

I don't think I've seen Kiyoshi wrestle since World Elite, so hes been as good as release for nearly a year and a half.

Daffney was entertaining, and played her character amazingly well. She had a really nice program going with Dr. Stevie, but after she got injured (I believe?) she only made it back on Impact for 1 match that I can remember, and she was really involved all too much.

Ms. Tessmacher, I just remember her showing up out of nowhere, and laughing at Bischoff pronouncing her name thinking it was a bad joke, shes not worth anything, and when I heard Lacey got released, I knew it meant that Ms Tess would lose her stories direction (TNA has a pretty bad track record of releasing stars during angles).

I agree with everyone. These days, when you have a female wrestler who can actually wrestle not only a decent, but a good match, you should hold onto her. Sure Daffney may not look like a model, but she was talented. When are wrestling companies going to realize that models are a dime-a-dozen and for the most part can't do anything except look good and spread their legs (just turn your tv to the "E" network for proof of this)? So when you have a female who can actually capture the audience's attention and tell a good story in and out of the ring, for heaven's sake keep her. Of course there are those females in the wrestling business who look good AND wrestle well, but they are few and far between. For example, the greatest Diva of all time, Trish Stratus. Also included in this list are Lita (her matches with Trish were some of the best matches at the time, men OR women), Mickie James, Victoria/Tara, Molly Holly, Natalya, Gail Kim (the best in the business right now in my opinion) and Michelle McCool. I also think that Winter/Katie Leigh, Layla, and Eve should be applauded for the improvement they have shown. It won't be long before they are up there with the others. Does Madison Rayne belong on this list? I'm not quite sure yet.

I agree with everyone. These days, when you have a female wrestler who can actually wrestle not only a decent, but a good match, you should hold onto her. Sure she may not look like a model, but she was talented. When are wrestling companies going to realize that models are a dime-a-dozen and for the most part can't do anything except look good and spread their legs (just turn your tv to the "E" network for proof of this)? So when you have a female who can actually capture the audience's attention and tell a good story in and out of the ring, for heaven's sake keep her. Of course there are those females in the wrestling business who look good AND wrestle well, but they are few and far between. For example, the greatest Diva of all time, Trish Stratus. Also included in this list are Lita (her matches with Trish were some of the best matches at the time, men OR women), Mickie James, Victoria/Tara, Molly Holly, Natalya, Gail Kim (the best in the business right now in my opinion) and Michelle McCool. I also think that Winter/Katie Leigh, Layla, and Eve should be applauded for the improvement they have shown. It won't be long before they are up there with the others. Does Madison Rayne belong on this list? I'm not quite sure yet.

Women's wrestling has never, and most likely will never, draw a dime. They bring in the most attractive ladies they can find, because the casual viewer will pick a pretty girl over a solid female worker any day.

For example, Beth Phoenix and Natalya are arguably the best female workers WWE has right now (assuming Trish hasn't returned to be a long term in-ring worker), but neither of them are marginally as popular as Maryse or Kelly Kelly. Why? Because Maryse and Kelly Kelly are gorgeous. I'm not saying Beth and Natalya are ugly by any means, but neither is in the same league as Kelly Kelly...

Women's wrestling has never, and most likely will never, draw a dime. They bring in the most attractive ladies they can find, because the casual viewer will pick a pretty girl over a solid female worker any day.

For example, Beth Phoenix and Natalya are arguably the best female workers WWE has right now (assuming Trish hasn't returned to be a long term in-ring worker), but neither of them are marginally as popular as Maryse or Kelly Kelly. Why? Because Maryse and Kelly Kelly are gorgeous. I'm not saying Beth and Natalya are ugly by any means, but neither is in the same league as Kelly Kelly...

I've heard the argument that women's wrestling not drawing a dime constantly. But at one point the TNA Knockout division actually brought in high ratings. This being of course before Hogan and Bischoff came in.

Women's wrestling has never, and most likely will never, draw a dime. They bring in the most attractive ladies they can find, because the casual viewer will pick a pretty girl over a solid female worker any day. Beth Phoenix and Natalya is are the best female workers WWE has right now, but neither of them are marginally as popular as Maryse or Kelly Kelly? Why, because Maryse and Kelly Kelly are gorgeous. I'm not saying Beth and Natalya are ugly by any means, but neither is in the same league as Kelly Kelly...

I agree with you about women's wrestling not drawing for the most part. Also, my list was women wrestlers who were the total package, meaning they looked good AND could wrestle. I realize that beauty is relative, so there are always going to be arguments over who is "pretty" and who is not. Also, I forgot to add Beth Phoenix and Melina to my list.

As far as Maryse and Kelly Kelly are concerned, yes they are gorgeous but they couldn't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag. Let them host NXT like Maryse is now or do something like that but keep them out of the ring. I've always considered Kelly Kelly to be the most useless Diva in WWE. Now that there aren't weekly guest hosts, the Bellas are in the same boat. Like I said, models are everywhere and if I want to just look at a hot woman, I'll simply get online. Woman may not draw a dime which is kind of a shame but they absolutely CAN put on good matches when they are talented and have good chemistry together as proven by the Lita/Trish feud several years ago.

As a side note, I would like to see WWE do something with Rosa Mendez. They've showed her working out backstage for a long time but they still haven't done anything with her.

Sorry for getting away from the subject of the thread so much.

Its too bad about Daffney, but if she went to Shimmer or another promotion where she would be taken more serious. I was never a fan because the first time I saw her was the Governor, then with Dr Stevie and both were stupid. But when I saw her against Hamada going through a table. Then s first blood, and kept having great matches that I wasn't used to seeing women going through She had a fairly good feud with Tara.
She definitley tailor made her character and she's great at it. Which she'd most likely be able to use in the indies. Though she could lose those weird ass tiny Mad Hatter hats. But if she were given more freedom in matches and worked with greats like Melissa Flash, then she could be a big star. Maybe I'm being too nice, but she really surprised me once she wasn't used in a stupid angle.

Miss Tessmacher has no business in a wrestling company. And its obviously Bischoff who brought her over from WWE to use as a piece of ass. That's all she is. I did like how bitchy she got with the other knockouts as their "gm". They seemed like legit cat fights.
But when she was in a match in against Madison Rayne, it was just painful to watch. Madison had to instruct her on how to take a shoulder to her stomach. She sat in the turnbuckle confused looking for instruction from outside the ring. She must give Bischoff great bjs.

I agree with you about women's wrestling not drawing for the most part. Also, my list was women wrestlers who were the total package, meaning they looked good AND could wrestle. I realize that beauty is relative, so there are always going to be arguments over who is "pretty" and who is not. Also, I forgot to add Beth Phoenix and Melina to my list.

As far as Maryse and Kelly Kelly are concerned, yes they are gorgeous but they couldn't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag. Let them host NXT like Maryse is now or do something like that but keep them out of the ring. I've always considered Kelly Kelly to be the most useless Diva in WWE. Now that there aren't weekly guest hosts, the Bellas are in the same boat. Like I said, models are everywhere and if I want to just look at a hot woman, I'll simply get online. Woman may not draw a dime which is kind of a shame but they absolutely CAN put on good matches when they are talented and have good chemistry together as proven by the Lita/Trish feud several years ago.

As a side note, I would like to see WWE do something with Rosa Mendez. They've showed her working out backstage for a long time but they still haven't done anything with her.

Sorry for getting away from the subject of the thread so much.

I'm not saying the ladies are incapable of decent in-ring performance, man. I'm simply saying that their in-ring work doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things. Take Mickie James for example. She was relatively decent in the ring and quite popular with the fans, but the WWE sent her packing without a second thought. It's because women's wrestling doesn't make them any money.

I'd be perfectly content if every female in the WWE became a valet and/or manager to be quite honest. I like the fact that the ladies are there, and I'm sure some of them are genuinely sweet people, but I have no desire to watch them wrestle...

I never said it did. I'm talking about the numbers it drew during the knockout segments in 2009.

Casual fans don't care about ratings, man....especially when those ratings are broken down into segments.

Spike is catered to guys, and a lot of guys think alike. I can't speak for every man, but when I'm flipping through channels on the tv I'll stop for a second if I see an attractive half naked woman. That probably explains at least a portion of the people who were tuning in to see the Knockout matches in 2009.

Casual fans don't care about ratings, man....especially when those ratings are broken down into segments.

Spike is catered to guys, and a lot of guys think alike. I can't speak for every man, but when I'm flipping through channels on the tv I'll stop for a second if I see an attractive half naked woman. That probably explains at least a portion of the people who were tuning in to see the Knockout matches in 2009.

Awesome Kong was dominating the scene in most of those segments that year, and I don't think many guys wanna see her half naked lol. So that argument isn't necessarily true.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Knockouts attention was put on The Beautiful People at that time as well, man.

That's the thing, it was more than just eyecandy. It was actual wrestling when people like Tara, ODB, and Awesome Kong stepped in the ring with people like Daffney, Hamada, Taylor Wilde, and Roxxi. Awesome Kong had a major run then, and a majority of the time was spent on her doing programs with the Beautiful People, among other Knockouts.

Not taking anything away from TBP, I'm a fan of their's, but they are more eyecandy than actual skill.

The only one I think that really matters is Daffney, she was the only one listed of the three that entertained me when she wrestled. But I haven't seen any of them in months so I guess that it wouldn't really be a surprise to know that they are released from the company. I was wondering what happened to Daffney not too long ago actually. Other then Daffney they weren't really important and didn't contribute much to the company anyway. Daffney will be the only one missed by me.

That's the thing, it was more than just eyecandy. It was actual wrestling when people like Tara, ODB, and Awesome Kong stepped in the ring with people like Daffney, Hamada, Taylor Wilde, and Roxxi. Awesome Kong had a major run then, and a majority of the time was spent on her doing programs with the Beautiful People, among other Knockouts.

Not taking anything away from TBP, I'm a fan of their's, but they are more eyecandy than actual skill.

That's EXACTLY the point I was trying to make.:shrug:

Awww, its a shame that Daffeny got released, she was unique and could actually wrestle as well as being hot in a different kind of way.

Tessmacher was hot but was pretty much useless so I am not bothered about her getting released, and Kiyoshi was used so little I forgot he was even there.

As long as Tara doesn't get released then I am satisfied. I had a horrible feeling when I opened this thread that I was going to read she had been fired.

It's good to see TNA trimming the fat a little because it's bloated roster has needed it for quite a while. I don't know why Kyoshi was kept around for so long, I can't recall the last time I saw him wrestle to be quite honest. Daffney is also someone that rarely gets any tv time anymore, and she's only jobbed out in very quick fashion when she does. Miss Tessmacher was just doomed from the start. She was awful to begin with but when they announced during her storyline that she was being trained by Lacey Von Erich of all people, it just seemed that the stars were aligned against her.

The Knockout Division has seriously lacked for depth for a long time now and Daffney is talented. But, let's face it, TNA had no real plans for her and the Knockout Division continues to wallow in irrelevancy at this point so maybe it's all for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back