TNA Region, Lawrence Subregion, First Round: (8) Bob Backlund vs. (25) The Miz

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Bob Backlund

• The Miz

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Lawrence Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence, Kansas.

West-1.jpg

Bob-Backlund.jpg

#8. Bob Backlund

Vs.

Tha_Miz.jpg

#25. The Miz

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Backlund was a successful amateur wrestler, a tag champ with Inoki in Japan, a 2 time WWF champ, the innovator of the Crossface Chickenwing and has the 2nd longest WWF Championship title reign in history.

Miz was on Real World, Tough Enough and a Viagara ripoff commercial.

Backlund in a shoot, in a work, and in pretty much any other scenario you could think of.

Backlund was one of WWE's greatest champions. Even during his reigns where he may not have been the "right" person to carry the strap, he was still very popular. His reign of 2,000+ days speaks for itself. WWE would not have let Backlund hold the strap that long if he wasn't great for their business. Backlund was also very charismatic and was by no means a boring champion, wrestler, or person. In fact he was good enough to come out of retirement and defeat top star Bret Hart. He was a great face and great heel.

Miz I feel is underrated as a pro wrestler. He's a great performer and very versatile. He's the kind of worker that can be paired with anyone and still have a great match. WWE gave him his chance though. He was WWE champion, headlined Wrestlemaina, and defeated John Cena. Despite that I've always seen him as a midcarder because that's pretty much the way WWE presents him. Backlund in comparison was certainly a mainstay headliner. And was better than Miz across the board.

Bob Backlund should win this match pretty easily. Not discounting Miz for his success but he's outmatched here.

I'm going to speak up for The Miz here. He had no right whatsoever to get as far as he did, but through sheer persistence he beat John Cena in the main event of WrestleMania. Ignore the context, that's the ultimate fact. However, he did not have the staying power, and Backlund did, so for that reason I'm going to vote against the unfairly maligned Mike Mizanin.

Not saying that Miz should win this, but I wonder when people will stop taking cheap shots on the foundations of his career. He has proven to be a solid slimy heel. That type of gimmick can work in any position on the card. He could be put in a main-event feud, and I don't think most would blink an eye. Give the guy a little credit.

I don't like The Miz, never have and never will. I don't buy him as a top star, and the fact he was WWE Champion and WON at a WrestleMania staggers me. However, I do respect the guy for all he has achieved. His list of accolades is very impressive.

WWE Champion
Intercontinental Champion
United States Champion
Tag Team Champion
Wrestlemania Headliner

All this has come from hard work and dedication to his craft as he came into WWE from reality TV, immediately receiving a backlash from fans and other performers. No matter how much I dislike watching Miz, fair play to him for all he has achieved even though I don't think he's very good at all.

Backlund on the other hand WAS very good, and the face of WWE for a very long time. Far more technically skilled than Miz, and trusted to lead the company for a long period of time. I vote for crazy Bob.

You could quite easly pit Miz' WWE title reign against Backlund's '94 title reign as they were quite similar in a number of ways.

However, aside from those peaks in their career, Miz has floated around the mid card and was, let's not forget, a member of one of the most significant tag teams of the noughties.

Aside from that title reign, Backlund was a 4 year world champion as a face. So he wins in versatility and he wins overall on accomplishments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back