TNA Region, Lawrence Subregion, First Round: (9) Billy Graham vs. (24) Raven

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Billy Graham

• Raven

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Lawrence Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence, Kansas.

West-1.jpg

billygraham3.jpg

#9. Billy Graham

Vs.

IQ-scores-of-famous-people-014.jpg

#24. Raven

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm sure some people will be tempted to vote Raven because of his time in TNA. Don't. Billy Graham was one of WWE's top stars pre Hogan era. He knocked off Bruno Sammartino to end his 12 years of combined dominance to usher in a new era of wrestling. You know how we credit Hogan for the charismatic, muscle bound big guy types that WWE has pushed for decades? Yeah, that was actually Billy Graham. He was the archetype. Not only that but he was another forerunner of the edgy type of heel that people loved to hate but thought were cool. Another thing Hogan fans claimed to have originated with the NWO but was done by Graham [and several others] years before.

Raven worked most places and was a star everywhere, but outside of ECW he was either a mid-carder or was top dog in a smaller promotion. Don't be biased. Vote Billy Graham. He's the clear cut better of the two.

Billy Graham was a top draw. He was probably the first heel, who started getting cheered. He beat Sammartino for gods sake and the night he won the title, Baltimore was split whether to cheer him or boo him. Had he stuck around in the WWWF, he would have gone on to become a top babyface but still, drew a house like no other heel wherever he went in his prime.
Raven is alright, but Graham wins this every time.

Raven played a character pretty well, but there's a reason nobody gave a shit about him in WWF and WCW and that is the fact that he basically didn't have the necessary charisma to hold a large audience. Graham is the embodiment of charisma and it's only a shame that he didn't stay around a few years longer, as I think the similarity and clash of him and Hogan at the same time would have been good watching. Graham is just better.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Fishing

Logic: Raven looks like the type of guy that never had a male role model. Without a male role model, the only other way you will ever learn to fish is by watching the fishing channel, and that channel is boring as crap. Billy Graham also gets extra points for being an awesome wrestler while doing all of those crazy tent revivals.

Winner: Billy Graham

Whilst I don't think an evangelist has a place in a wrestling tournament, yet Titus wasn't allowed in, I am still voting for Graham.

A man who bailed Martin Luther King Jr. out of jail is cool in my books. A man who has seen 2.2 billion see or hear him in action shows true drawing power. He was on the most admired men and women list for 49 years IN A ROW.

The other is Johnny Polo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back