• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Needs A New Writer & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wcw_was_the_best

TNA has alot of talent there they really don't need no new talent expect for the heavywieght and tag team divison I'm a fan of tna and it seems that the writers are not pushing talent right and they have alot of unnesscary things going on throughout there show maybe it's not the writers fought probably the one hour limit they have after commericals its a 40-45 minute show but I never liked vince russo and never will eric bischoff would of been a better choice as a writer/booker and tna will needs a wealthy investor to help them improve the ring look and entrance ramp cause it looks cheap wwe has investors and tna needs atleast one more investor who is wealthy

I agree with the statement about the talent. They don't need any new talent, they need to push the talent they have and use them correctly. That is the problem with TNA's creative team right now, they aren't using their talent correctly.

Basically, when Russo isn't given full control, he is a crybaby. His techniques are horrible. He dosen't script his writing, he gives the wrestlers GUIDELINES on what to do. That utter bullcrap. He's without a doubt a mastermind, but he's a full the pit of backstage politics. I don't know it's a win loss thing for me. I'm just trying to see how he does.

well vince russo played a bigger part in wcw absent's but he did very well in wwf attitude days also jeff jarrett has been adding and changing storylines and etc which is bad in my opinion he said let the writers do what they have to do and then we can really see if vince russo is a keeper or not. also who was with eric bischoff on the writing staff when wcw was beating wwe rating tna should use them

Russo gets heat on things he doesn't do. Why do you guys hate Russo so much? Stop blaming Russo. Dixie Carter says he gets heat for it but he really doesn't do anything!

With Russo, I think the majority of the Hate for him comes from His past actions with WCW. I saw that segment "The dinner with the Devil", personally I felt that came out good with Russo completely doing that script. But they need to get a new writer in to take a bit more of the stories in TNA, You have Dutch Mantell (or whatever his name is, can't remember correctly), Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett is doing very little these days in creative with him having to deal with a family emergency, they need to get someone else in to do the booking as well, Id use someone already on the roster to help out in Raven(Scott Levy). Steve corino said that he would hire Raven in an instant if he had his own promotion and the money to do it. With Raven involved Im certain we would see some interesting storylines come up.

That's a damn good idea there Shadowmance, I imagine Levy (Raven) could do a damn good job on the booking and writing side of the biz, I mean he's been around in all three of the big feds for extended periods of time, not to mention the guy has some of if not the best ring psychology in the history of the biz. The promos that he used to write himself were works of art in terms of wrestling promos, nobody did 'em better then Raven back in his ECW days.

Honestly, Vince Russo did do a damn good job at writing while he was in the WWF, but his work ever since leaving them has been utter shite. I've seen a few things I've liked really in TNA that I know he was responsible in writing, but thats about it. IMO the guy is a has been, and he needs to stop getting hired solely on the reputation and famousness of his name. It's time to try out new, creative writers who can breathe fresh life into the storylines these days, because honestly storylines and feuds have not at all been what they used to be. I mean just think of how for example the Rock and Triple H feud was put together in the year 2000, well after Russo has left. That was simply an amazing feud that resulted in some of the best matches the WWE had in years. I mean, granted a good part of that has to do with the fact that the Rock and Triple H are two of the greats of the industry, but it could be done again if they elevated good wrestlers to the main event status again, where we could see something like Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit, that feud I imagine would be amazing and result in an absolutely classic encounter or two.

The problem with Russo now is that he doesn't have that Vince McMahon to reign him in. Russo gets the heat he has now because of being a royal fuck up in WCW. I'm under the impression that Russo was the cause of the death of WCW, no doubt. Sure he's changed his ways, but his tactis of booking are the ones that have left us with 5 minute crap job Raw matches week in and week out.

Scott Levy, that would probably be one of the best choices to have as a writer. He was blacklisted in WWE by creative for expressing interest in doing this while he was there. WWE writing staff felt threatened enough by him to bury and send his has shipping. Raven is a guy that gets the business inside and out. If he retires for good, then this is a perfect fit for him. A lot of this is just circle talk, because TNA can't expand on storylines with 1 hour of TV a week.

True, but the thing is that these days we don't even see Raven wrestle at all, I mean at this point isn't he retired really? I can see him coming back for the occasional match or feud, but overall he's done with in ring stuff. TNA should definately expand first on it's ammount of exposure on TV, they need either another hour or another show in the week, either is fine.

I don't think it is expanding storylines but taking away some of Dutch's role and taking over for JJ because he is out with a Family Emergency for the most part, so having Levy in their would stop certain storylines from going down the drain and possibly give a clearer direction for TNA, as long as they don't let Kevin Nash anywhere near the booking side of it then it should be good to get in a veteran Wrestler to help out on Creative in TNA.

No sh*t TNA needs new writers. Russo does all this crap that sounds cool to a young kid, but never works out.

Prince of Darkness match? WTF. It sucked. The best part was when Harris finally took off the blindfold and kicked the shit out of Storm.

Electric Steel Cage? WTF is this, Mortal Kombat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back