TNA mentioned on NXT

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Anyone else watching NXT and just see Kaval/Low-Ki bust that little freestyle with the closing line saying "So go ahead call me rookie, find out what I'm packin', 'cause I'm the only reason for some Total Nonstop Action."?

Stryker's face was awesome. Obviously not a real shoot considering how Matthews and Cole addressed what he said, but worked shoots are always fun to see like this. Funny line dissing TNA honestly.

Anyways what do you guys think about this? Brought a big fat grin to my face.

i really hope it was a 'shoot" and they don't fire him regarding his closing lines towards TNA...WWE has fired people for dumber things

DAMMIT. You beat me to it. HAHA

I almost shit a brick, to be honest. TNA says WWE all the time on their programs, So it really shouldn't be such a big deal. But this is WWE. They are meant to NEVER mention the competition, however subtly. Part of me wants to think that was unplanned since this is live tonight. But deep down, I know the rule of thumb is, If it appears on TV, it's not a shoot.

So just a few seconds ago Kaval was talking on NXT and he said that he was the reason for Total Nonstop Action maybe i'm reading into this a bit much but as i am a huge TNA fan this got my attention i believe that he was paying homage to his roots But I just want to know if you guys think i'm reading into this too much or if this is Vince promoting TNA or simply him paying homage to his roots.

I think its more of a shot at TNA, they let him go, and now hes going to the larger company, the more well known company, he's basically saying hey, look at me, im here!

It was priceless, i loved it. My choice to win is Hening, but Kaval is second. Ryder's face was hilarious too! Pure Perfection

It was a pretty big diss towards TNA, not acknowledging his roots. He said he was the only reason for watching TNA, meaning without him, you shouldn't even bother watching it.

I find it funny. I'm a huge fan of TNA and some WWE but not as lately. (I'm starting to root for ROH since TNA hasn't been good since it went to 2hrs). To me this shows that either 1 WWE is taking note of what TNA has done lately or 2 Low Ki is either a complete idiot.

I didn't really look at it as a diss to TNA... I thought it was cool of him to mention TNA and to me him saying he was the only reason for TNA was just a reference to him being one of the originals and one of the people who helped TNA get off the ground...

And I'm pretty sure TNA didn't release him... I think he left on his own on good terms to go on another tour of Japan or something then he was picked up by WWE... I could be wrong though...

I hope he doesn't get in trouble for the mention...

I found it to be quite funny, just like the entire promo. It was a sly dig at TNA that was clever, since Kaval had worked in TNA before. I don't think this means WWE cares about TNA much, I just think they felt like giving us smarks something to smile about. They do that from time to time.

Micheal Cole just took another shot keep on saying on who can make an "impact". Seems like the wwe is making some word-play with Tna's shows and name.

I thought it was hilarious but now I'm a little worried about Kaval. Immediately after he said it Cole chimed in "Well that was stupid. That's it for him."

I thought it was hilarious but now I'm a little worried about Kaval. Immediately after he said it Cole chimed in "Well that was stupid. That's it for him."

Why are you lying friend?

He said that was stupid in saying that the whole freestyle was stupid. He also said that he thinks Kaval should be eliminated later on.

Did that happen.

NOOOOOOO

Kaval isnt going anywhere.

It's an inside joke for the internet fans, as we all know TNA stands for total nonstop action, but the casual fans probably didn't even notice(unless they also watch TNA)

Not really a big diss imo, the way he used the words was more about him than TNA itself, but it's still funny

I remember last year when Donald Trump "bought" Raw and he was on the phone with Vince, Vince said "YOU WANT IMPACT???......oh you wanna make a impact". I thought that was more funny xD

I loved the mention. It brought a big smile to my face and I was laughing for a few minutes afterwards. I even went back and watched it two more times. Also, it was probably nothing, but I probably wasnt the only one that made the connection with TNA and Cole's "impact" line. This is just another instance of the laid-back attitude that this show has and it makes it a great show to watch.

I quite enjoyed it. First time TNA's ever been mentioned ever in the WWE, I believe, while the WWE has been mentioned approximately 2,305 times in TNA, for those who were wondering.

Obviously doesn't mean much as most people won't get the reference, but at the very least it tickled xfear's tiny little heart, which is always a good thing.

Sick rap, by the way.

Don't know if anybody else noticed this, but later on one of the commentators (couldn't tell which one sorry) took a possible shot at Mick Foley by calling Ryder the best wrestler to come from Long Island...

Anyway it's funny because this was the first time I have ever watched NXT. Ha. The TNA reference was obvious, I don't see how anybody could say it was a coincidence. I am not a Kaval fan, really not a fan of anything WWE these days, but still I hope Kaval doesn't get in trouble for the reference - never good to see somebody getting buried over something so dumb

I think it was definitely a shoot...did you see the the wrestler's reactions, he even called Joe Hennig by his real name during his "rap". Cole's response was "he might be packing his bags" after mentioning TNA. By the way, did anybody notice how intense the Kaval vs Husky Harris match was tonight. Kaval had a bloody lip and then hit HH with a kick that was square in the head. Kaval's finisher seemed stiff as well. Even their fight at the end was intense. Easily the best NXT show i've seen.

Yea this NXT really rocked.And from season 1 u could see that only at the end they let the rookies really really get into their personas more and perform better on the mic and character wise.

The TNA mention was to diss them in the sense that TNA always mentions WWE and stuff that WWE does ( ALOT).WWE doesnt care about TNA but they though, i guess, it would be funny for Dixie and Co to hear from one of their former employee a rap that included their company's name.

No I simply think it was a slip of the tongue.

People are saying that this was a shoot but surely it had to be run past creative before it was done on TV. I think people are looking way too much into this, and even if it was intentional, it was obviously a jab at the promotion. I know any promotion is good promotion blah blah but lets face it, people who don't watch the TNA product now are not going to look at that state and go "Oh well, now that Kaval mentioned it, I'm going to watch iMPACT now!"

Ain't gonna happen!

The first direct reference to TNA. It seems NASA has located that company inside of the WWE Universe. Well, considering that NXT is the only wrestling brand/show that breaks down the fourth wall (which is the show that contends with TNA's primary show, iMPACT! in the ratings) and mentions places outside of the E, the fact that Kaval said it (a former employee) and it was a shot at the company... easily justifiable for the higher up's to allow.

I couldn't care less if WWE never mentioned the A at all, but I laughed at the reference. I'm guessing this will only cause a backlash of TNA guys to take more shots at WWE. I wonder if they'll bring in fake Senshi?

I'm sorry, but how deluded do you have to be to believe this was a genuine shoot on TNA? It's amazing how quickly the IWC dives on anything.

For one thing, there is no way someone on NXT risks their WWE future by breaking company policy, which is don't acknowledge TNA, for the sake of a relatively meaningless promo. Kaval had literally nothing to gain from mentioning it, he'll win the Fan's Poll hands down (and deservedly so), so the only thing stopping him winning NXT, and the considerable push that goes with it, is WWE Higher Ups, why risk it? He wouldn't. Even instances where acknowledging TNA would add something to a character (say, recognising that while Christian was away he'd won a World Title), they haven't, so why would they now?

Second of all, just because TNA is called Total Non-Stop Action, doesn't mean that those words can no longer be used in that order on WWE television, does it? Or would you say any use of the word Ring, is a direct reference to Ring of Honor, or hell even the letter A, which is a blatant reference to AAA in Mexico. Total Non-Stop action is a good set of adjectives to describe a performer like Kaval, and to what, 90-95% of people, it was just that, a description of Kaval. As it was meant to be.

I thought it was great to see him finally showing some personality while giving TNA a quick little jab at the same time. The first time I heard it, it caught me off guard as I thought he might have been hyping TNA. After all if he had, then he might as well have just walked out of the ring and packed his stuff. Vince is a control freak, we all know it and when he lays down a rule, it's pretty much written in stone.

But, after watching it again, it became obvious that it was a little bit of a shot towards TNA and the promo got a pretty good response from the crowd. Still, I wouldn't read too much into it. It was just a fun little jab and something that was completely unexpected.

Those idiots that run WWE did it now. They made a mention of the rival company in a mocking way. This is going to detract from their audiences viewing pleasure. They are going to lose viewers over this. /sarcasm

It is amazing how quickly some of you turn on a dime when the shoe is on the other foot. I can only imagine the reaction if someone in TNA took credit for anything successful in WWE, let alone the entire organization, not to mention the person doing it had pretty much no justification for it. Just look at how people view Russo's "claims" about the attitude era or how many people cried over the galaxy thing.

It is amazing how quickly some of you turn on a dime when the shoe is on the other foot. I can only imagine the reaction if someone in TNA took credit for anything successful in WWE, let alone the entire organization, not to mention the person doing it had pretty much no justification for it. Just look at how people view Russo's "claims" about the attitude era or how many people cried over the galaxy thing.

Except nothing of the sort happened. Did you see the promo? All that happened was Kaval rapping and at the end he said people needed to get ready for some "Total Nonstop Action". It wasn't a shot, it wasn't an advertisement, and it wasn't even a direct reference. It was just something for the smarks to smirk about. Nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back