• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA making these things into DVD?

Would this help make TNA little bit more money if these dvd were made?!!

• Good Busines Idea!!

• Bad Busines Idea!!

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xtreme_Animlas2314

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was just wondering and of course not sure if anyone as talked about this. Do you think TNA should put some of these events onto DVD to make money off these items. As the following things listed below.

NWA: Total Non-Stop Action PPV 2002 - September 8, 2004
(I'm talking about a monthly dvd which shows all of the matches without to much editing of course. Or see how many matches they can put on DVD and go from there until they get to the last set of matches.) Your thoughts?! (I started to tape but their were a few shows I had to miss but would to watch the whole instead of certain mates. I think TNA can make money off of this stuff. They can do this type of setup like WWE WrestleMania/SummerSlam/Survivor Series sets.)

NWA:TNA Impact (Debut!) Fox Sports Channel June 4, 2004 to May 27, 2005
(I guess for this could be the best of Impact from this Channel like WWE does with Raw and Smackdown. As a fan I would like to see the whole show in general then bits of pieces.) Your thoughts?!

Best Damn Wrestling Event Period 1/2 November 10, 2004 to November 11, 2004
(I'm a little suprise they didn't make this on a DVD, yet. With some of the DVD they done this should be at least one of them.) Your thoughts?!

TNA “Prime Time Special” November 3, 2005/December 8, 2005/December 31, 2005
(I barely remember what these specieals were about except for the point it was live.) Your thoughts?!

TNA Impact Webcast June 24, 2005 to September 9, 2005
(During this time before they made it onto Spike TV they moved the show on the Website or whatever. Some people didn't get to see it. DVD on this would be nice.) Your thoughts?!

Spike TV TNA Impact October 1, 2005 to present
(This one I would be okay about doing this as the WWE does with the Best of 200? DVD on Raw and Smackdown. THis been going on for almost 5 years now. Still fans have to go to youtube or whatever to find some of the great old matches which are hard to find. It would be nice if TNA does something like this though.) Your thoughts?!

In general should TNA Start making DVD's from the past events? I would buy it because I like watching old stuff, especially when the current events are lame and boring. I think it would be nice some of the old classic matches and feud that some of us fans remember where TNA can from and now where they are going. Most people when Jeff Hardy debuted the very first time but I bet not everyone got a chance to see it though. Little things like that TNA should and could be making money off it.

I know it cost a lot to put some of these things onto a DVD but at least make enough and sell it from there website alone and see how many orders people want and go from there. You know not make a tons of copy and no one buys the product. At least try and see how it goes. As a fan of wrestling and fan of TNA I would be the first person in line to buy the dvd.

What are your guys thoughts for TNA starting making dvds?

TNA is copying WWE... again, but this products attract TNA fans. WWE was impressed with the buyrates of the Raw: 09 they had decided to release SEASONS of RAW and SD! Out in store later this year from what I heard.

So I am not sure the DVD will have much success if the WWE will release old Attitude and Golden Era Matches which gained more fan base than the OLD TNA product.

TNA is copying WWE... again, but this products attract TNA fans. WWE was impressed with the buyrates of the Raw: 09 they had decided to release SEASONS of RAW and SD! Out in store later this year from what I heard.

So I am not sure the DVD will have much success if the WWE will release old Attitude and Golden Era Matches which gained more fan base than the OLD TNA product.

Excuse me, since WHEN is making DVDs considered "copying WWE"? Honestly, don't people have something better to do than condemn every single thing TNA tries to do by saying "they're copying WWE". And they're not even doing that, this is just an OP's idea.

What does WWE have to do with anything here, anyway?

On the topic at hand - I think it'll be a great idea. I began watching TNA last summer and I couldn't find anything of the old TNA, and I so wanted to because it seemed like it was far better or at least more exciting. TNA had some truly classic matches and moments.

The idea of creating "vintage" TNA DVD's would be fantastic, and when the company hits their 10-year anniversary, I'd hope they think about doing this exact type of thing. While I'd have nothing against them doing this now, I'd rather they do it around something as symbolic as a decade-anniversary, as it could really be hyped as a result.

Yes, I do think this would make money, as well. Wrestling fans always love nostalgia – what better way to experience that then to experience it directly a second time around?

I would buy the original Wed. PPV's if they put them on DVD. I didn't get to watch all of them that I would have liked to and in my mind that's when TNA was at it's best. I would gladly buy that. The others? Not so much. Especially with their on demand service online already doing the old Impact episodes.

EliteDiva do you even read? The guy never said they were it was just his idea to do it. This is a thread about TNA merch anyway. Why bother mentioning WWE anyway?

Well, I believe that TNA is releasing "Best of the Asylum Years" before the year is over. September maybe? I like the idea of an FSN DVD set. There were some pretty cool matches on there some of the weeks. This is when the X Division was actually featured prominently, so it would be cool to relive some of those times.

TNA is copying WWE... again,

This isn't even a confirmed event you annoying twat. Give it up.

Yes, I'd like to see a 10 year anniversary DVD with matches from the really early days, entire releases I think would be too much, but something like a TNA-ology deal would be great. They could have a separate DVD for each "vintage" year. I'd say anywhere from 02-06. It'd be great to see.

I don't see how TNA is copying the WWE when selling DVD's of its own programming but I'm a huge fan of some of the old matches of the Wed. PPV's like AJ vs Low Ki vs Jerry Lynn and AJ vs Jeff Hardy so I would like so see them sell DVD's of this type somewhere down the road like maybe next year's Slammiversary and market it as a history of TNA DVD profiling some the matches that help build the company from the beginning or something like that. This could bring TNA some very much needed money imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back