• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Live at the Hammerstein Ballroom

Scotty

I have a PHD in Horribleness
TNA Wrestling announced to the arena audience during tonight's live event in New York that the company will be returning to New York City on September 23rd when TNA heads to the infamous Hammerstein Ballroom.

It really doesn't surprise me that they are going there. It will probably be a ECW original heavy card. I actually see this turning out pretty well in TNA's favor. They will not only please the ECW original fans by letting them see Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Team 3D, and others while using thir talent such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Abyss, and others to drawn in a new crowd to watch iMPACT!

I think this is good for TNA for multiple reasons.

1. Much like you said, its going to draw in the ECW Original fans to come watch TNA and maybe make them "Cross the Line" to TNA (not to say they're watching WWE).

2. Plus it gets them out of the iMPACT! Zone which is always a great thing for TNA, so it'll be a plus there.

It is a live event. It is not an impact taping. They make good money on live events and this will be a big event in a great location. It is what they are supposed to be doing to stay in business.

Me and Doc just talked about this... Freaky. I don't think it's a good move. I've said ok multiple occasions TNA should be... TNA!! They need to stop trying to be like WCW or ECW, if it failed once it will again.

Me and Doc just talked about this... Freaky. I don't think it's a good move. I've said ok multiple occasions TNA should be... TNA!! They need to stop trying to be like WCW or ECW, if it failed once it will again.

So I guess if they go to madison square garden , toronto, montreal, or chicago, then their trying to be the "WWE". or if the go to atlanta their trying to be "WCW", Maybe even texas then their trying to be 'WCCW'. Look it's a venue with a wrestling history and fans that love wrestling so if they can go there and bring in a old ''ECW'' fan that's a good thing. If they don't try to bring in the old wrestling fans that stop watching after vince bought wcw/ecw then their crazy.

never mind all the nay sayers, i'm excited TNA is bringing their show up north again to NYC. the Ballroom is a great spot with a great atmosphere. i haven't been there since Raw was filmed there so im looking foward to this big time. considering that this is gonna be a house show, i'm hoping HH & Nash make it up here.

Very clever, I hear that TNA House Shows get positive reviews, im just wondering why they can't do the same for iMPACT!! Now the Hammerstein Ballroom, was Raw being taped in the Grand Ballroom?? is it the same or ddifferent?? It's just under 3,000 capacity for wrestling shows and I think they will get the best wrestling fans from NYC there...NYC is known for its wrestling fans isn' it..crazy...ECW held a house show there and loved it soo much, they neded up doing back to back ppv's there...When WWE shows One Night Stand, it was a great place to go...Hopefully VKM won't care about this and won't threaten the Ballroom management about this and say if you tape a house show there for them, I won't come back, why lie, he has done it before!! But I don't see VKM caring about this too much...

So I hope TNA the very best and hoping this will be the very best od the house shows they have ever done!!

So I guess if they go to madison square garden , toronto, montreal, or chicago, then their trying to be the "WWE". or if the go to atlanta their trying to be "WCW", Maybe even texas then their trying to be 'WCCW'. Look it's a venue with a wrestling history and fans that love wrestling so if they can go there and bring in a old ''ECW'' fan that's a good thing. If they don't try to bring in the old wrestling fans that stop watching after vince bought wcw/ecw then their crazy.

It's not where they're going, it's the fact that they are yet again trying to ressurect wrestlers who's best days are most definitely behind them.

One thing that really concerns me about TNA, is that if they are still around in a few years (which I hope they are), when their older talent is retired, there could be a rather large vacuum in the main event because all of these old stars are dominating the program.

As for resurrecting old ECW fans, short term it will work. But as with most things bought back from the dead, once the novelty wares off, it becomes very boring.

See I don't think most of these guys are going to be Main Eventing, The guys that are going to be Main Eventing for the ECW group are probably Aybss,Samoa Joe ,RVD, and possibly Rhyno. I mean sure it will get old fast but how about a hardcore division? That's one part of a show not the whole thing.And what if Heyman's apart of it, that would give the angle more legs to stand on.

How does holding a house show at Hammerstein automatically mean it'll be an ECW revival?
I was at the show in Coney Island. Borash, nor anyother person there made any indication that it was going to be an ECWish card. Ol' Je...double F. Ja...double R. E. Double T came out to the ring and addressed the fans and made not one mention.

It's going to be a house show plain and simple. That said. GO! If you've seen any of my posts concerning TNA I'm usually fairly harsh and scathing. I give credit where I think it's due though.
I was at a WWE house show back in the fall and I though it sucked. Almost no crowd interaction what so ever.
TNA addressed the crowd constantly through the show. You could even pay to go in the ring after the main event to get your pic taken with RVD.
TNA is doing their house show right. They make you feel good about spending your money. Which is like half of what WWE rapes you for, and it's a better show. Now if they could just translate that to their TV tapings....

From the TNA website:
Appearing live and in person will be:
- TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam
- “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy
- Mr. Anderson
- TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett
-“The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero
- Ink, Inc. (Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal),
-Angelina Love
-Homicide
and more!

At most maybe some kind of run-in at one piint during the show, but not an ECW invasion.

Going to the Hammerstein would be a great idea. I'm sure TNA may do something dedicated to ECW but I don't think the entire show will be an ECW ONS 2010 like how some of you are making it out to be.

JPK said:
One thing that really concerns me about TNA, is that if they are still around in a few years (which I hope they are), when their older talent is retired, there could be a rather large vacuum in the main event because all of these old stars are dominating the program.

Sure because TNA main event guys aren't young. Yeah lets act like TNA is pushing veterans only. Nevermind the fact that TNA's main event and uppercard scene consists of young guys like Abyss, Anderson, Pope, Hardy, AJ, Joe, Morgan, Wolfe.

Going to the Hammerstein would be a great idea. I'm sure TNA may do something dedicated to ECW but I don't think the entire show will be an ECW ONS 2010 like how some of you are making it out to be.

i am sure they will do something to satisfy the appetite of the old ecw fans, but this will give them a huge opportunity to show ECW fans that TNA stars like styles, joe and beer money are just as good as the guys they remember when they came out to see ECW in the 90's.

I like it. Hammerstein Ballroom holds a hell of a lot of wrestling history in its walls, and with a ECW type invasion in TNA, it makes perfect sense. Not only will the ECW fans get to see some of their old favorites like RVD, Team 3D, etc. but they get to really see what TNA is all about with their big main event players like Styles, Angle, Joe, Hardy, Abyss, Pope, and Anderson.

Good idea, TNA trying to expand their audience and put on a great show for old ECW wrestling fans.

TNA shattered its live attendance record for the United States at last night's show in Brooklyn. They drew between 5,500 to 6,000 people. I'm not sure how many people the Hammerstein Ballroom can hold, but it sounds like it will be a packed crowd if TNA can draw as many of the same people from Brooklyn to the Manhattan Center.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an ECW heavy show with possibly even Paul Heyman making an appearance. I really think if TNA wanted to they could hold Impact or even PPVs in NYC. They probably couldn't draw that many to venue the size of Madison Square Garden, but I'm sure they could draw to other venues.

Well this is a good business move for Tna house show wise. It gives fans of the original ecw and roh a chance to see some familar wrestlers who used to worked for those companys like Aj styles and Samoa Joe from Roh and Team 3d and Rvd for ecw live. If they haven't seem before or in years.

If they did a tv taping or even a ppv there I think the place could sell out and a lot of people would interested. Good move for tna imo.

The Hammerstien is just the logical place to hold such an event. I was at the Live Show in Coney Island this weekend and it was insane. Breaking ticket sales and attendance records just tells TNA management that New York is a hot commodity and they should look to come here more often. They would probably like to due it in Coney Island again due to the seating capacity but due to the chance of weather conditions it is safer during the fall months to have it indoors. So the Hammerstien is the perfect choice. Its indoors, well known for its wrestling history and is located in the most famous city in the world.

On a side note i attended the WWE house show at MSG two weeks prior to the TNA live event at Coney Island and i must say the TNA has put E to shame. At the E's show you get only matches and expensive merchandise. At TNA's live show you basically get to meet and get autographs from all the wrestlers in attendance, have low priced merchandise and they get the crowd very involved. The wrestlers take time to greet the fans during entrances and even give away parts of clothing and in some cases weapons! Even after the show they give people a chance for a small price to get in the ring and take a picture with a top wrestler in the company. The E does not do anything like this for there fans and for that I have to give TNA props.

write to TNA and tell them Bound for Glory at MSG for 2011!!!!!!!!!!

Well this is a good business move for Tna house show wise. It gives fans of the original ecw and roh a chance to see some familar wrestlers who used to worked for those companys like Aj styles and Samoa Joe from Roh and Team 3d and Rvd for ecw live. If they haven't seem before or in years.

If they did a tv taping or even a ppv there I think the place could sell out and a lot of people would interested. Good move for tna imo.

i can say that if they did a TNA PPV with a crowd like that, i would get it. the last PPV i got was one night stand where the crowd kept throwing cena's shirt back in the ring and rvd won the belt. that was probably the best PPV i had gotten since the Austin/Rock days.

i dont know on this one guys.. i mean yes, there are a few ECW guys on the roster, BUT.. remember what happened when WWE went there? big cheers for the former ECW guys, big heat for anyone that wasnt (point, cena) no one, not WCW, not WWE, and not TNA could ever do in the 'ballroom what ECW did. all the other companies try to do what ECW did, with the hardcore stuff, bring in their old talent, but you can never re-create what they had.. i expect some big pops for the former ECW'ers, and big heat against even guys like hardy.

All ladders share one thing in common: steps. TNA is taking another one.

Hammerstein is great for three reasons:

1. The name sells. It's Hammerstein. It's infamous in the city of New York, and has a positive history with the wrestling world to boot.

2. ECW win or lose, the Hammerstein Ballroom is still the Hammerstein Ballroom, which makes this win/win, or win/mega-win if the ECW invasion culminates and takes off before the show.

3. With the shattered live attendance record set at the Brooklyn show (which I originally had tickets for, and had to let go of – still upset about that), Hammerstein is a logical step-up to a market they obviously draw extremely well in – the North East, and New York City in particular. Could provide a great revenue, and more so could potentially prove to add fuel to the fire behind moving their product north on a more permanent basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back