TNA Doing Monday Night Special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source

As of now, TNA is expected to have a taped edition of iMPACT! air on February 12, which is the Monday night where WWE Raw is preempted due to the Westminster Dog Show. TNA would then re-air the show on Thursday as well. While this decision isn't 100% right now, plans that are in the works right now would say otherwise. There is no word on if TNA would present a live edition of iMPACT! that night after the PPV instead of a taped special and then resume TV tapings on Tuesday.

Honestly I think this would be the best move for TNA, there will be a lot of Wrestling Fans tuning into RAW, not realising its not actually on, and channel chopping looking for something to watch and coming across Impact. Could grab them extra viewers.

Thoughts?

Anything that get's T.N.A. more exposure is a positive thing. Also having the six sided ring will help. If you're channel surfing and you see a ring that's nothing like a regular squared circle, anybody with a passing intrest will stop and watch. Also having former WWE star's is helpful if you're channel surfing. I hope they make it into kind of a mini P.P.V.similar to what the original In You're House show's were like.

They should definitely make it a two-hour show. I mean, if they're going to stake out a spot on a Monday, make it count and show everyone who hasn't watched TNA a greater number of the talent and give 'em a real taste of what a TNA PPV is like.

I like the idea of a two hour show, I'd also like to see them put all the belts on the line, and maybe do some specalty matches aswell, an Ultimate X match would be a good idea, imagine flipping through the channels and stumbling onto an Ultimate X match, that would have to grab a few veiwers

Yes i'd say have it 2 hours and make it live maybe. That would grab some of the channel surfers.Those 2 hours could showoff a lot more of the roster and have some excellent matches that might help the wwe loyalists realize that wwe isnt what it used to be.

^Bingo. Good ideas all the way around. I'd love to see them do a couple of their signature matches or hold an X-division gauntlet or maybe even a King of The Mountain match.

It will be interesting to see the ratings that week. It will be good to see if the WWE steps up their game to match what TNA does because obviously this is a way to get through to the mainstream WWE fans for TNA. If they have a Trump vs O'Donnell again, you can be assured that the fans will tune into TNA. This is obviously going to be crucial to see where TNA stands in comparison to the WWE when they are head to head. My guess is that the diehard fans will watch TNA and then catch AM Raw or even tape it. One thing that would be good is if the two companies bring out their big game for the first time that they are in real competition with eachother. An idea for TNA would be to put Impact! before or after Raw, so that if Raw is crap, fans will have a definite idea of which show is better.

As for getting new fans, it's possible, but I don't think fans would be hooked from just one show. Unless it has an absolutely awesome show, which I think is a possibility as this could be their breakthrough and thus TNA would concentrate heavily on this, I think WWE will maintain, if not better their ratings.

BTW, that was my 200th post on this site, and I did it on a TNA forum....that's a shame for a diehard WWE fan such as myself!

tna is just sacared to go against wwe and they r running away

^^ I don't think TNA is scared of the WWE at all. If anything, this head to head can only gain them more fans. If the WWE product is anything like it has been lately, you can be assured that they will get more fans. BTW, I am a big WWE fan, and even I know that TNA will be doing everything they can to combat the WWE's popularity on that night, thus my opinion that they will be far from scared of the WWE. Sure, they may lose some fans, but they have the same chance of gaining some, and I bet from their point of view, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And I think they would place too much importance on this to run away as well.

tna is just sacared to go against wwe and they r running away

That was such an idiotic fanboy statement.How is tna running away? Raw isn't gonna be on (in america afaik) that night due to usa airing a dog show.Tna is invading raw's night and general time frame.That's not running scared.That's seizing the moment.The big guy isnt around and the small guy sees his chance to show off what all he can do since the big guy's audience isnt gonna get their wwe fix that night and they can find tna while channel surfing and watch tna and either like it or dislike it.

It seems all your posts involve bashing tna or anything tna related while praising dx.Why dont you just stay out of the tna forums if your that big of a wwe fanboy you have to shit talk every chance you get about tna ?

I hope TNA does it. I know that USA has a contract to air the dog show on a certain Monday night, therefore it would push Raw back another night. THat would be an awesome time for TNA to push a special monday night timeslot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back