• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Could Use a Re-Aligning of Their Divisions

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
Right now, in my opinion and I'm sure in others, TNA has been all messed up for a while now. They do stupid shit like this all the time. Gunner goes from tag team no one cares about to TV champ to beating Sting clean on TV and Anderson on TV after losing to Eric Young in a fingerpoke, who has beaten Anderson himself.

In December/January Williams and Styles were having great match after great match and then Williams comes back as a heel without explanation after a long disappearance.

Supposedly wanted Amazing Red as Sangriento to be the response to Sin Cara but suddenly this is dropped. I understand not every storyline goes according to plan but TNA could really use some longterm thinking, which is why I have an idea to realign the divisions.

First of all, get that TV title OFF of Eric Young. It's pretty damn worthless as is and starting from this moment, if I am the booker and my stuff goes with little to no edits, the TV title will start to matter.

How I would do this may be difficult.

There should be an undercard for talent enhancement and I would like to see there be one undercard match on the show between jobbers or a jobber and a possible midcarder looking to progress.

The undercard division consists of:

Okada
Orlando Jordan
Murphy
Eric Young- he can be entertaining but he could be good enhancement talent.

Next, you have your X Division after the Abyss storyline:

You have Kendrick as your champion, since he is getting a fair amount of screentime and I think he could build a match really well since he is a great talker.

Since Chris Sabin will be out, I would have Alex Shelley here too. I will post more about this with the tag division.

Robbie E, despite the fact that I do not like him, others may seem to and while not your typical X Division wrestler, does make sense given the history.

Amazing Red/Sangriento- this may work or it may not. TNA needs to stick to something with this guy. You can't have this guy supposedly as your answer to Sin Cara and then he's unmasked the very next week. Perhaps for one week somebody could else could play Sangriento and wrestle Amazing Red and then have Sangriento inadvertantly give Red a kayfabe injury. Therefore TNA sticks to one thing with this guy while also writing off the other character in return.

Christopher Daniels- This is one of those guys who has made the X-Division. Could be a perfect mentor to the younger guys.

Tag Team Division

This has been a mess since like the beginning of the year and it is dire need of overhaul.

Shelley and Storm are not a tag team and if TNA wants Roode to move on to a singles career, then that's it for Beer Money. Don't panic though. There are other teams who could do good.

The British Invasion with Magnus and Williams- I am a Williams mark but the way he has been booked he is not in any momentum to go higher than he is right now even though I love the guy to pieces. These guys, along with Mexican America, could be your heel tag teams. Perhaps a little heel tension between the two teams as the Brits are aggrivated with Mexican America's claiming of superiority and that the Brits are better.

From this point forward, no tension between Generation Me, these guys, along with Ink Inc are who you should stick with. These are actual tag teams. In a point where the tag team division is in need of rebuilding, have it where there are actual tag teams. So you have two face teams and two heel teams. Eventually it will get old but now it will have to do. There should be a tag team segment/match on every show, even if it's just one tag team against enhancement talent. If you wanted to rehash the Doug Williams hates the X Division storyline, since these guys have wrestled in the X Division, you could do that.

Now here is your midcard, with upper midcard coming soon:

James Storm- I think he can go and I really like him but I think for now he would be good as a midcarder.

Rob Terry- his physique screams for him to be higher on the card but given him being booked as a joke before, he should be here.

Devon- He's above undercard level but if there is a Janetty of Team 3D, it's Devon.

Pope- He is upper mid card and main event material but I think he has lost steam.

As has Samoa Joe- he needs to do some work before getting back up.

Matt Hardy- currently taking a break but when he comes back, he's had a lot of good matches since arriving. Would make sense to put him here.

Now here is your upper midcard division so to speak. This should be the final match before the main event. Here are people who could be main eventers one day. One step above the midcard but just a notch below your main event.

Crimson should be the centerpiece of your upper mid card division. Have him win the T.V. title off of Eric Young and continue the undefeated streak. Those who claim Crimson isn't ready for the main event, here is a great place to hone his craft to progress the streak storyline while also adding prestige to the T.V. title and make it hard to get. I'd like to see him defend it very often both on T.V. and PPV. It may get old. Maybe he could face a midcarder in a T.V. match and then feud with an upper-midcarder to build the PPV match.

But don't just make it- "I don't like you, you have a belt, let's fight for it." No, I want Crimson to work on his mic skills every bit and in the process, I want him emphasizing how much the T.V. belt means to him and that there isn't a person alive to take that belt from him.

People who feud with the T.V. Champion Crimson should not just feud with a guy who happens to be T.V. champion, they should be feuding OVER it.

Bobby Roode- we all know how good this guy is. Question is, should he be face or heel? If heel, should he go back to the Corporate Gimmick? I was thinking that as a possibility.

Gunner- I have seen many posts as hailing Gunner and Crimson as young stars to be part of TNA's future. These two definitely should play the foil for one another. If Gunner, along with Crimson, honed their mic skills, this could work really well.

Matt Morgan- Has challenged many times for the World Title but he's not yet a permanent main eventer. Give him something to do. His size, mic skills and everything give him something to do and a potentially great group of characters to work with.

Kazarian- I think Kazarian could be main event material and I would like to see him above the X Division as I think he is more talented than that but before he possibly rises to the main event, I think he might have some really good matches here.

Abyss- your top heel in the upper mid card division who could be good for some feuds.

Now here is your main event

Mr. Anderson- it's obvious you have pushed him as a consistent main eventer for several months now. He's your heelish champion. There are many guys for him to feud with.

Rob Van Dam- Another person who has been in several main events, to put him any lower makes no sense.

A.J. Styles- if he is your face as you claim he is, why has he been in the midcard all of this time?

Kurt Angle- it's Kurt Angle. Nuff said.

Scott Steiner- His ring skills, meh, but he is gold on the mic and could really hype a PPV match. I also believe he does have drawing power. The fact that before his heel turn on Matt Morgan and people chanting "We Want Steiner" shows, IMO, how over he still is.

Bully Ray- He has been put in a lot of main event matches on TV and his mic skills could also really hype up a match.

Sting- Though I'm not too big on Sting, it IS Sting afterall and along with Steiner, should be used until the upper-mid card division is more established.

Now for your Knockouts

I would like to see the Knockouts Tag Titles retired. There quite simply aren't enough Knockouts on your roster and only Sarita/Rosita and Angelina/Winter are actually a unit. But both are heel. I think Sarita would make a great knockouts champion down the road and could put on great matches with Mickie for a great feud. In a way, the feud could write itself seeing as how Sarita and Rosita are Mexican America and Mickie is "Hardcore Country" I know it's not a patriotic gimmick but she could be representing America for you. Should Sarita ever become knockouts champion, a feud with Tara could be nice.

Mickie is whom your Knockouts Division should revolve around since she is the top knockout. HOWEVER, also continue to build Velvet Sky as the face people get behind. Do this because of her being the face people like but also because even though I love Mickie, she is from the WWE. She should absolutely be at the top but also your homegrown talent should be emphasized. Perhaps just like how the divas division revolved aroudn Trish, she passed the torch to Mickie. Have Mickie be your Trish and have Velvet be your Mickie, if you know what I mean.

I really like ODB as a heel. Ms. Tessmacher could be decent as a knockout, not one of the main ones but still gets time. I would like to see Jackie Moore mentor some of the other knockouts.

There is a reason for me trying to put in all of these divisions: While it's good TNA is building up Gunner, it should not come at the expense of your world champion and his opponent on PPV. Upper midcarders should be battling out for a future main event spot. Your midcarders could be there to put on good matches and maybe feud with an upper mid carder.

Maineventers should MOSTLY feud with maineventers and if they should face an upper midcarder, you can put the upper midcarder over but still the upper midcarder should NOT GO OVER.

The X Division and Tag Team Division are two important pieces of your product, align them and do NOT break them up. It isn't a whole lot but it is something.

Your knockouts division is built around the most over and talented knockouts, no more knockout tag belts as a strain that makes the division hard to book. See if you could put in some of the lower tier knockouts but also the division should try to go back to what it once was.

I don't think it would be this easy to start everything from scratch but this is what my ideal TNA would look like. Each division stands on its own and should get at least one match AND one promo/vignette EVERY WEEK. Just my idea.

I couldnt agree more with everything thats included in that post but to be quite honest the chances of any of these being accomplished are zero to none considering TNA's track record on adjusting stuff to work

Oh no, you did not just come on to MY post just to plug yourself. I hope someone suspends or bans you.

Thankfully he is gone.

And yes, you're right, TNA would never do this. I enjoyed tonight's show for the most part but a lot of stuff they do doesn't make sense. Not sure how my plan would pan out but it needs organization.

Another suggestion i think TNA needs to take is creation of new storylines not just rehashes of older one because they've been doing alot recently for example the "Network" storyline was a play on the one from ECW, Crimson undefeated big guy gimmick (Goldberg, Samoa Joe), Mexican America is a rehash of LAX and I could go on. I know creating new compelling storylines is tougher than me just saying it but these people are paid to do this not to just sit on their asses and re-use storylines so hopefully that changes but I doubt it

But to their credit I dont think I've ever seen the Bully Ray type gimmick ever used but Im most probably wrong :)

I Agree with 98% of that script.If TNA was to toss out all of their scripts and go by those guide lines it would beat Raw..TNA is going downhill and it saddens me to say that.The Tag Teams are being phased out,the Knockouts are losing steam,the Championships are scramble F***ED..sigh..They need to focus on the program,not just the main event.

Well thanks and I'm glad you agree. The thing is, I'm just tired of nearly every single TNA superstar who might get a small push and INSTANTLY is lost in the shuffle the next thing you know. It's happened time and time again and I would like for that to stop. I believe TNA is totally disorganized and needs house cleaning. If by some wild miracle TNA actually took my idea, I'm not sure how well it work but there is definitely a need for structure.

I also agree with much of this post. I watch WWE, TNA, and ROH. I used to love TNA, they have some of the best pro wrestlers in the world. But time and time again, you get invested in a storyline or in a performer, you cheer for them, you watch them get a huge push, and then their just gone. Jay Lethal, for example. Pushed to the moon (he went back and forth with Rick Flair), then gone from TV a month later...

TNA has all these ideas that they spend so much time building up to, but nothing ever comes of it. Remember when Kurt Angle moved himself to the bottom of the number one contender list and wanted to beat everybody to make it back to the top. This storyline went on for months. Where's the payoff? So much time, and nothing really came of it.

Now they are doing their point system for Bound for Glory. I want to get into it, to root for my favorite guys, to follow it. But I won't, because it may be gone by August...

That's exactly the point of this post: TNA does have some good ideas and like I admitted, not every storyline goes according to plan; but the problem is, TNA seems push somebody to the moon one second and the next they are not on TV. I have to ask myself if there is a plan and what that plan is.

I don't honestly know what it is. I love TNA. I enjoy watching it. But the fact that this is the #2 wrestling promotion in the company with its organization and direction is a problem. At least if they realigned their divisions and stuck with that plan I wouldn't think of it as much of a cluster fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back