TNA Charlotte, Round 2, Match 2: #15 Dean Malenko vs. #18 Matt Hardy

Malenko vs. Hardy

• The Iceman

• Version 1.0

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because Matt Hardy is actually an over wrestler who has beaten people that matter, won important(ish) titles and generall had a good career. Dean Malenko has done. . . .

Dean has held the ECW TV Title, the WCW Cruiserweight Title, WCW US Title, ECW Tag Titles, and the WCW Tag Titles. He was also a member of the Four Horsemen, even if only for a short while.

Dean Malenko was never over because of his lack of charisma. But, he didn't need it. His in-ring work spoke for itself. Or are you in the same camp as Becker and Sly, and think skill gets you nowhere?

Or Dean Malenko will bore everyone to tears in the arena and then walk straight into the twist of fate, Dean Malenko has done nothing to suggest he could beat Matt Hardy at his peak.

Except beat Eddie Guerrero, who had a better career than Matt. Or 2 Cold Scorpio, who also had a better career than Matt.

Dean could walk out of the back office tomorrow and beat Matt. Matt just isn't good enough to beat him.

Dean has held the ECW TV Title,

Matt Hardy = ECW World Title.

the WCW Cruiserweight Title,

WWE Cruiserweight Title, WWE European Title

WCW US Title,

WWE US Title

ECW Tag Titles, and the WCW Tag Titles.

World Tag Team Titles, WWE Tag Team Titles and WCW Tag Team Titles.

He was also a member of the Four Horsemen, even if only for a short while.

Yeah but that Horsemen incarnation was pretty crap.

Dean Malenko was never over because of his lack of charisma. But, he didn't need it. His in-ring work spoke for itself. Or are you in the same camp as Becker and Sly, and think skill gets you nowhere?

Define skill. I'd say that being able to work a crowd is much harder than doing a few suplexes. Like it or not Matt Hardy can work a crowd, but I'll admit that that isnt necessarily important when it comes to who wins and loses in a internet wrestling tournament, so I'll take Hardy's victories over guys like Kane, Edge, Jeff Hardy and JBL as some more proof that he'd beat Malenko.

Except beat Eddie Guerrero, who had a better career than Matt.

Eddie was also a nobody when Dean beat him. Matt beat Kane when Kane was coming off one of his biggest pushes, he beat Edge while Edge was in his push to the top, he beat Jeff Hardy at Hardy's HHH/Undertaker beating peak and he beat JBL while he was still one of SD's bigger heels, he defeated Mr. Kennedy during Kennedy's world champion beating undefeated streak.

Oh yeah, he once beat Undertaker as well, sure it came from a Lesnar run in, but he still did it.

Or 2 Cold Scorpio, who also had a better career than Matt.

He was in the job squad.

Dean could walk out of the back office tomorrow and beat Matt. Matt just isn't good enough to beat him.

Tell that to Kane, Edge and Jeff. Dean wasnt on their level and he wasnt on Matt's either.

Matt Hardy = ECW World Title.

The ECW Title that Matt won, is not from the real ECW. And even then, TV Title > World Title. Matt even said he's had a mediocre career, and that includes winning the ECW Title.

WWE Cruiserweight Title, WWE European Title

The European title was shit, and the WCW Cruiserweight title had real cruiserweights fighting for it. Ultimo Dragon, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Misterio, Juventud, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho...The list goes on and on.

WWE US Title

In my opinion, WCW US Title is better.

World Tag Team Titles, WWE Tag Team Titles and WCW Tag Team Titles.

Don't tell me you think he won all those on his own. Jeff was clearly the reason the Hardyz got a push. Besides Hayes being their manager, and then Lita.

Yeah but that Horsemen incarnation was pretty crap.

It was still the Horsemen, and it was Arn that asked him to join.

Define skill. I'd say that being able to work a crowd is much harder than doing a few suplexes. Like it or not Matt Hardy can work a crowd, but I'll admit that that isnt necessarily important when it comes to who wins and loses in a internet wrestling tournament, so I'll take Hardy's victories over guys like Kane, Edge, Jeff Hardy and JBL as some more proof that he'd beat Malenko.

While Matt's working the crowd, Dean is busy working his legs, and setting him up for a Cloverleaf. Matt's win over Edge was because Edge was fucking around with his girlfriend, and the win over Jeff is because Jeff is on his way out. Beating JBL doesn't impress me. Beating the sadsack they've turned Kane into isn't much either. Kofi beat him.

Eddie was also a nobody when Dean beat him. Matt beat Kane when Kane was coming off one of his biggest pushes, he beat Edge while Edge was in his push to the top, he beat Jeff Hardy at Hardy's HHH/Undertaker beating peak and he beat JBL while he was still one of SD's bigger heels, he defeated Mr. Kennedy during Kennedy's world champion beating undefeated streak.

Eddie may have not been as well known, but he was a far better wrestler than "Latino Heat" when he was in WCW.

Kane's pushes are never really all that big, except for his run against Undertaker, and his run as champs with him. Winning the ECW Title over Chavo in 9 seconds doesn't make me think "world's biggest push". Defeating Kennedy is about as impressive as beating JBL in my book.

Oh yeah, he once beat Undertaker as well, sure it came from a Lesnar run in, but he still did it.

So has Khali, Mark Henry, El Gigante, and a host of others.

He was in the job squad.

Do you know nothing about Scorpio? Look at everything he did in ECW, and then look at everything he did in Europe and Japan. That man is a world reknowned legend.

Tell that to Kane, Edge and Jeff. Dean wasnt on their level and he wasnt on Matt's either.

You keep going back to Jeff, Edge, and Kane. Beating Edge didn't get Matt anywhere. Beating Jeff probably won't either. Beating Kane hasn't done much for anyone's career either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back