TNA British Boot Camp

Winner?

• marty scurll

• rockstar spud

• Either of the blossom twins

Results are only viewable after voting.

josh210

Dark Match Winner
Tna british boot camp is nearing for tna and I can almost guarantee it will be a good show filled with talent and they will be trained by one of the most talented british wrestlers of all time Douglas williams

First the participants
marty scurll:He has a highflying style and he could be a austin aries kind of guy but the ground skills of him need to be improved a little more but douglas williams will be his mentor so he will probably improve
Rockstar spud:All around package and has the look of a heel and could be a main eventer someday if he went to tna
Blossom twins:I dont know why they need to do this because they are in ovw now but anyways they have good tag team skills,good move execution but could certainly be improved by williams

Who will be the winner of this?My guy is marty scurll

People rag on TNA but at least they make an effort for the UK fans, and have more British wrestlers than WWE has ever had, they have Magnus, Doug Williams and that Welsh guy Rob Terry, it sucks that most of them are heel though, why can't we have a British face? Bulldog was face for most of his career, especially when he came "Home" for events such as UK Rampage at the Albert Hall in 1992.

Rockstar spud:All around package and has the look of a heel and could be a main eventer someday if he went to tna

Spud is 5'3. To put things in perspective, Austin Aries is 5'9. Amazing Red is 5'6. Look how small they are, then go even smaller. No way in hell will he ever main event. Not to mention that Spud is also not that athletic despite how small he is. I've seen him live, I mean he does do some athletic stuff but for him it's all about the persona he portrays. He does do it well, but I don't think he will ever make it past Robbie E level.

The twins I believe are considered a package, so if they win they win together. Now I've seen nothing of their work. According to Kurt Angle, he says they need more muscle on them. And I would agree by looks alone. I mean they are very attractive but they do not look like wrestlers at all. They look like two girls on the street. And if they come to TNA, they'll be together, who will they face together? KO tag titles are redundant.

So that leaves Marty. Who is...well he's okay but doesn't really excel in any particular area, at least from what I've seen of him. Has a ton of potential though. So I want him to win.

There is surely much better talent on the UK scene they could've chosen, but I suppose they want to make the show more interesting considering these are from different divisions/walks of life. I'm eagerly anticipating this show. I don't think it's going to be shown in the US is it?

Couldn't be more excited about this.
Every single one of these wrestlers deserve a contract. Being a brit, I'm biased.
Rockstar Spud reminds me of a 'Jericho' persona, which could bring so much heat towards him.
Marty is a younger version of Randy Orton, but can work so well as a face.
And the Blossom twins.. Just look at them. They wrestle like the Knockouts, they look like a pair of Knockouts. Haven't heard them on the mic as of yet.
Every single one of these could bring good things to TNA. SO why not sign all of them? And see how they get on? Just a thought..

People rag on TNA but at least they make an effort for the UK fans, and have more British wrestlers than WWE has ever had, they have Magnus, Doug Williams and that Welsh guy Rob Terry, it sucks that most of them are heel though, why can't we have a British face? Bulldog was face for most of his career, especially when he came "Home" for events such as UK Rampage at the Albert Hall in 1992.

Magnus is set to return for the UK tour in January. He always gets a good reaction from UK crowds even when he's wrestling as a heel. Considering he was taken out by A&8s though, he's likely to come back as a face. Personally, I expect he'll come back and stomp Devon for the TV title.

As for Boot Camp, I haven't watched it yet, I was unaware it had even started airing. Despite all the promoting, they completely dropped the ball on telling us when it was actually gonna be on TV.

It hasn't started and the promoting states it starts new years day at 10pm on challenge tv in uk not sure if u.s will even get it so they never dropped the ball telling us when its going to be on tv

It hasn't started and the promoting states it starts new years day at 10pm on challenge tv in uk not sure if u.s will even get it so they never dropped the ball telling us when its going to be on tv

Yeah, I thought it had already been aired and I'd missed it. Hadn't seen the latest Impact. My bad.

Spud has a good look and is a okay talker from what I have seen. He might be too small though. Maybe he could be a manager for Magnus or someone else from Europe.

Did anybody actually watch this last night? It was a bit shit really, wasn't it? I went in expecting a reality show and got a wrestling show. So deeply embedded in kayfabe, irritating editing and bad acting. I wasn't exactly expecting Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, but I was still a bit disappointed.

Rockstar Spud is easily the standout - he's got the look, he's got the microphone skills and, I assume, he can wrestle a bit. Both of his matches were him getting the shit kicked out of him. I'm not sure how much of him getting pissed and turning up to the first day with a hangover was real. Then again, if I had to hang out with that TOWIE gimp Marty Scurll I'd probably get drunk too.

The Blossom Twins-- well, I would. They seem like lovely ladies. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to translate to the ring. Even in the heavily edited version of their match, there were several noticeable mistakes and it nearly ended when one of them landed improperly and twisted their ankle. Unintentional hilarity ensued when "Bah gawd! She's getting up from a twisted ankle!"

I took an instant dislike to Marty Scurll and was happy when Spud hit him for going on about how many Twitter followers he had. I'd do the same - just ask Tastycles. Dixie Carter is a MILF though, he's right.

The next episode is in the States, and it looks like it'll have Angle, Hogan and Sting on it, so it could still get interesting.

Did anybody actually watch this last night? It was a bit shit really, wasn't it? I went in expecting a reality show and got a wrestling show. So deeply embedded in kayfabe, irritating editing and bad acting. I wasn't exactly expecting Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, but I was still a bit disappointed.

Rockstar Spud is easily the standout - he's got the look, he's got the microphone skills and, I assume, he can wrestle a bit. Both of his matches were him getting the shit kicked out of him. I'm not sure how much of him getting pissed and turning up to the first day with a hangover was real. Then again, if I had to hang out with that TOWIE gimp Marty Scurll I'd probably get drunk too.

The Blossom Twins-- well, I would. They seem like lovely ladies. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to translate to the ring. Even in the heavily edited version of their match, there were several noticeable mistakes and it nearly ended when one of them landed improperly and twisted their ankle. Unintentional hilarity ensued when "Bah gawd! She's getting up from a twisted ankle!"

I took an instant dislike to Marty Scurll and was happy when Spud hit him for going on about how many Twitter followers he had. I'd do the same - just ask Tastycles. Dixie Carter is a MILF though, he's right.

The next episode is in the States, and it looks like it'll have Angle, Hogan and Sting on it, so it could still get interesting.

Did you watch all of the show? It was completely REALITY TV-like. I enjoyed the show because of that reason. If anything, there was about 10 minutes worth of wrestling in the second episode.

Mhmm the kayfabe thing really got to me. I was really hoping they would just be out there about the whole thing. C'mon it's 2012, no wait 2013!

The problem for me is that if it's in kayfabe you question the legitimacy of everything. Was the whole damn show scripted? Was Spud hitting Marty in the car scripted? Was Marty shooting on Spud in the ring scripted? Was Spud walking out scripted? See I hope they weren't, but the doubt is always going to be there.

Anyway I still want Marty to win Spud just seems like a total pussy. Like I say he could be entertaining at the Robbie E level but beyond that nah, Marty has the tools.

Did you watch all of the show? It was completely REALITY TV-like. I enjoyed the show because of that reason. If anything, there was about 10 minutes worth of wrestling in the second episode.

I wasn't talking about the format but rather the way it was presented. I went in expecting, well, reality. What I got was as engineered as any professional wrestling show. The show isn't even ballsy enough to recognise that wrestling is scripted - the show takes place entirely within kayfabe.

Then again, I suppose what passes for reality these days is half a dozen posh ***** mumbling a vague script at each other - or, alternately, half a dozen hillbillies yelling it at each other. In that sense, British Boot Camp is as hugely overproduced and blatantly staged as any modern reality show. Or professional wrestling show.

I watched the first 2 shows last week, Rockstar Spud won't last long IMO, he's already got on the wrong side of the trainer, and seems to be a whiney brat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back