TNA Back to Taping Impact Weeks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boss

'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling
The last time Impact Wrestling was in Universal Studios the show was live every week. When the show went in the road it went to live every other week which seemed live a fair trade off for fresh crowds, real fans and a bigger look. Now we are back to shows taped weeks in advance, non paying tourists and a smaller venue than before. Personally I see this as a sign that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and Eric Bischoff were a much more positive influence than the IWC was willing to admit.

While some who are in denial try to twist this MAJOR backstep into some sort of positive, I can only see this as hurting TNA's viewership as there will be more spoilers and a shoddy looking product.

According to Social Security's actuarial tables, there's about a 72% chance that Hulk Hogan will die in the next ten years. Considering he's done a lot of steroids over the course of his career which aren't necessarily good for the heart, he's more likely than not on the bad side of that curve.

There's an 11% chance he could die in the next twelve months.

I don't tell you this because it's relevant to the discussion; I just want you to go to sleep every night knowing that your hero is going to die while you are still a young man.

Later.

The last time Impact Wrestling was in Universal Studios the show was live every week. When the show went in the road it went to live every other week which seemed live a fair trade off for fresh crowds, real fans and a bigger look. Now we are back to shows taped weeks in advance, non paying tourists and a smaller venue than before. Personally I see this as a sign that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and Eric Bischoff were a much more positive influence than the IWC was willing to admit.

While some who are in denial try to twist this MAJOR backstep into some sort of positive, I can only see this as hurting TNA's viewership as there will be more spoilers and a shoddy looking product.

That's incorrect. It has already been proven that taped episodes of Impact Wrestling have done similar if not even better ratings than live shows.

It has been pretty much reported by every news site that covers and analyze ratings for wrestling have said that this year's Impact on the road and live have not made a difference in the ratings and that TNA's best ratings this year were back in January when they were still in Orlando and taped.

Also, TNA best ratings years was in 2011 when they were, for the most part, taped and had spoilers.

Taped shows with spoilers does not hurt viewership. Only a small percentage of viewers that watch the shows read spoilers. IWC only reads spoiler but they make up such a small percentage of the viewers.

i am sure that once the holidays are over they will be back to live every other week, if you look back they have ALWAYS taped 4 weeks in advance for december so the wrestlers can take the month off and spend the time healing and with family/friends. so this is nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back