TNA and commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Nick

Climbin' in your windows...
Alright, this may sound idiotic, but I find that over the past couple of months I've reguarly tuned in to TNA that the commercials come up at random times. Take for example what happened last night: MEM and WE were having an all-out brawl in the ring and TNA went to commercial, which disappointed me because I was hoping to see what would happen and if anything would be solved. Commercials went on for a minute and then TNA comes back on with MEM and WE still brawling for about five seconds and instantly goes back to commercials, this time they lasted about 5 or six minutes it seemed. When TNA came back on, the brawl was over and they went on with another match and not even the commentators bothered to give a conclusion to what happened in the brawl.

Now this isn't the only incident. I remember a few weeks ago when Abyss won against Dr. Stevie, Kevin Nash came out and stood on the entrance ramp, smirking at Abyss before they go to a two-minute commercial. They come back to TNA, and Nash is still standing there with the same look on his face while Abyss still looks confused. Now I understand that these were taped before being sent to Spike, but seriously...I would love to see some realism because I'm sure there's many people who believe these are actually live showings. I doubt that Nash and Abyss would've stared at each other with the same look for two minutes instead of brawling.

Now, this doesn't ruin how I feel about TNA, but it's starting to get really annoying.

I noticed that last night also. I was a bit confused at first because I thought they might be having technical difficulties or something. It also bothers me that they constantly cut away from a good match (like the ladder match last night) for a backstage segment that could easily wait until something less important is going on.

its because they tape the episodes all at once. they do a month of taping in 2 or 3 days pending on how much someone if wrestling. after they do all the taping they just cut parts of it to mkae it into 3 or 4 shows. i hate they way they tape a month in a couple days its dumb but wa u gonna do, but thats why have random commercials

its because they tape the episodes all at once. they do a month of taping in 2 or 3 days pending on how much someone if wrestling. after they do all the taping they just cut parts of it to mkae it into 3 or 4 shows. i hate they way they tape a month in a couple days its dumb but wa u gonna do, but thats why have random commercials

No, they don't tape in months anymore. They tape 2 weeks of Impact within a week and then they comeback two weeks later and tape 2 weeks. They tape twice a month. Anyway that is beside the point. The way the commercials air is up to Spiketv, I think. The commercials are real noticeable in TNA because SpikeTV commercials are so often and last so long. And it really hurts a show like TNA who the viewer craves due to only airing once a week.:banghead:

I think TNA has too many ad breaks anyway.

I also find the highlight reels with those awful songs in them really annoying as well.

One per show would be enough!

I love TNA because I love TNA, not because I love adverts!

That's just another instance ineptitude. Instead of doing what any other wrestling company would do, taking a break after a high spot or when both wrestlers are lying down, TNA cut to an ad break when there's something you want to see.

But it's nothing new, it's what TNA do. It's no more annoying to me than when they have crane shots and you can see a camera man leaning in the ring with his camera getting a shot. It's lazy direction.

It's annoying but it's not really something for me to get worked up over. If you do miss anything they show it in a replay anyways. It is inconvienent at times, but like I said. It's iight. TNA is kinda lazy about their camera work and some of their production..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back