TMNT Movie Update And It's Not Good *UPDATE* Bay Responds

I never liked TMNT. After reading an article on IGN over what lenguy mentioned, I can't help but rub it on everyone's faces. Elitism FTW!

Look at it this way folks, at least you won't have to sit through the whole movie. After the motion sickness you get from THE FUCKING CAMERA ALWAYS MOVING in every Michael Bay movie, you can go barf in the bathroom making a quick exit to the parking lot afterwards.:)

Bay has reacted to the backlash from the fans:

Great. I mean, what good has the original origin story done besides four movies, three TV series (fourth upcoming), a huge line of action figures and toys, a comic book running on and off for over 25 years and a huge fanbase? It's time for MICHAEL BAY to show them how it's really done.
Bay is an idiot plain and simple. I don't think he gets what peopl are unhappy about.

Seems the entire world wants Bays head on a silver platter at the moment. While everyone is freaking out and breaking faces,I remain somewhat open minded. I was shaken a bit when I first read the news but as Deanerandterry said, as long as its at least a half decent movie and every characteristic that makes the turtles themselves remain in tact then I think I can over look the fact that they are aliens.

A lot of people seem to forget that the original story did in fact involve aliens and maybe that will play out in the movie to some degree. I would be completely worried if Bay was tackling the project all on his own but the fact that he said he was working with one of the original creators is somewhat relieving I suppose. I don't know, instead of rage quitting on life,I'll wait till the movie is released before I form any sort of opinion on it. Who knows,perhaps Bay will pull a good movie out of his ass. That remains to been seen though.

Also,FYI I actually like the Transformer movies...Guess that makes my opinion null and void then.
I am not freaking out, breaking faces or rage quitting on life. I don't even care about Bay's movies, I just think his whole idea with this sounds terrible and isn't needed. That and he is messing with something I have know for most of my life. Can't blame people for not being pleased.

There are such low expectations with this movie now, that it might be good.

I think Bay takes that as a challenge.

And I did like Transformer 3 and 1 for that matter. 2 was meh.

The 2nd Transformers movie was awful, the first and 3rd one wasn't bad at all (or at least in my opinion).

Personally I'm worried this is gonna be worse than TMNT III and become the worst movie ever made. I can look past them being aliens and completely obliterating the origin story if the movie actually turns out to be good.

For the most part if they get the characters down right and have a decent story (hopefully involving Krang and Shedder), and hopefully follow the original TMNT movie as a blueprint blending both the comics and TV series together then I will be happy. Frankly I will be happy if the movie is decent, I don't expect much from Michael Bay, outside of special effects I don't think he has the first idea about movie making and storyline structure, he just knows how to make things look pretty.
Thats why people are not happy, Bay doesn't have a good track record of making good movies. If he did then maybe people would trust him more.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (producer) (pre-production)

2013 Pain and Gain (producer) (pre-production)

The Hauntrepreneur (producer) (pre-production)

2013 Vigilandia (producer) (filming)

2012 Above and Beyond: Exploring Dark of the Moon (video documentary) (executive producer)

2012 Uncharted Territory: NASA's Future Then and Now (video documentary short) (executive producer)

2011 Transformers: Dark of the Moon (executive producer)

2011 I Am Number Four (producer)

2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street (producer)

2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (executive producer)

2009 Friday the 13th (producer)

2009 The Unborn (producer)

2009 Horsemen (producer)

2007 From Script to Sand: The Skorponok Desert Attack (video documentary short) (executive producer)

2007 Our World (video documentary) (executive producer)

2007 Their War (video documentary) (executive producer)

2007 Transformers (executive producer)

2007 The Hitcher (producer)

2006 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (producer)

2005 In the Blink of an Eye (consulting producer)

2005 The Island (producer)

2005 The Amityville Horror (producer)

2003 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (producer)

2001 Pearl Harbor (producer)

Armageddon (producer)

[YOUTUBE]WWaLxFIVX1s[/YOUTUBE]

I normally don't give a shit about little changes here and there, but this would be like changing Batman's origin to him actually being part bat, part man. You can't come in and just shit on the origin story.

I always thought that there were four baby turtles that got spilled in the sewer, were exposed to radiation and voila!

Wait, how did Splinter become a rat? I forgot!

Anyone remember TMNT comics where Raphael was black? Not negro, just in a dark shade.

My first reaction was along the lines of Norcal. I then briefly thought along the lines of lenguy but I can't get over the fact that they already have a fine back story. If they do mix in some more elements from the cartoon this way then I might get over it eventually. If it looks like shit I won't go see it though. I'd recommend you nerds start doing the same if you don't want to keep empowering these assholes to ruin things you loved.

I can't believe that Michael Bay is going to ruin the ninja turtles. He is an un original piece of crap who thinks he is a film maker but he just rips off other people's idea ad makes movies that are nothing but shitty effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back