• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMNT Movie Update And It's Not Good *UPDATE* Bay Responds

I bet they arent even Teenage any more

If they are an alien race, surely they can't even be called turtles any more, as turtles are a species that live on earth?

This is fucking shit. Not watching this wank.

Kotre Power Rangers rocked back then. I would love a remake of MMPR done by Christopher Nolan.

My mate was adamant that Cloverfield was going to be a MMPR reboot when he saw the first trailer.

The female turtle WAS an alien. Did not go well with anyone.

Ninjaturtles_powerrangers.jpg

There were boobs on the otherside of the shell...

There were. Boobs. on a certain Turtles'. Chest.

Fuck you Killjoy. I had suppressed that for god knows how many years. I hope you marry her.

Michael Bay will probably have Shia LeButthole playing Casey Jones. Bay is probably the biggest asshole in the world.

You know what? Every one will forget about this if he finds another Megan Fox to play April. Megan Fox made transformers watchable. I am sure some random hot actress who cannot really act can do the same here.

You know what? Every one will forget about this if he finds another Megan Fox to play April. Megan Fox made transformers watchable. I am sure some random hot actress who cannot really act can do the same here.

images

I've been a long time believer that Racheal McAdams would be a solid choice for the April O'Neil role.

images

I've been a long time believer that Racheal McAdams would be a solid choice for the April O'Neil role.

... That's actually a fair shout. McAdams is a pretty good actress, she'd probably kill it as O'Neal.

Not sure who'd play Casey, though. I'm half thinking Jason Mamoa based on the look of the animated series, but that'd be a bit cheap...

Also, I just realized that Casey Jones in the 07 movie was voiced by Captain America.

images

I would prefer yvonne strahovski only because Chuck ended and she is a lower profile actress so could be more feasible if cgi is going to cost a lot.
Yvonne_strahovski_%28cropped%29.jpg

1. God dammit. I mean, I'll still watch it because I love TMNT but I'll probably be there to make fun of it more than anything.

2. They better still love pizza.

3. When you watch this, take a shot for every explosion.

4. Why would you want an MMPR reboot when they're still making sentai series'? Pirate Sentai Gokaiger is fantastic and not too hard to find online, and since the main characters transform into every other version of Power Ranger, they do turn into Mighty Morphin' at points. It's also sufficiently dark but goofy enough to keep the original charm.

Bay has reacted to the backlash from the fans:

- Since he announced that he would be making changes to the origin of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Michael Bay has received a lot of backlash. Bay has now responded to critics, stating the following…

"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is scheduled for a December 25th, 2013 release date.

Great. I mean, what good has the original origin story done besides four movies, three TV series (fourth upcoming), a huge line of action figures and toys, a comic book running on and off for over 25 years and a huge fanbase? It's time for MICHAEL BAY to show them how it's really done.

And people still try to defend this asshole. The Transformers movies were awful, and he's pissing on TMNT. I think the best thing I've seen so far...

T.A.I.N.T. Teenage Alien Inter-dimensional Ninja Turtles. This movie is going to suck ass, tremendous amounts of ass.

The 2nd Transformers movie was awful, the first and 3rd one wasn't bad at all (or at least in my opinion).

Personally I'm worried this is gonna be worse than TMNT III and become the worst movie ever made. I can look past them being aliens and completely obliterating the origin story if the movie actually turns out to be good.

For the most part if they get the characters down right and have a decent story (hopefully involving Krang and Shedder), and hopefully follow the original TMNT movie as a blueprint blending both the comics and TV series together then I will be happy. Frankly I will be happy if the movie is decent, I don't expect much from Michael Bay, outside of special effects I don't think he has the first idea about movie making and storyline structure, he just knows how to make things look pretty.

Seems the entire world wants Bays head on a silver platter at the moment. While everyone is freaking out and breaking faces,I remain somewhat open minded. I was shaken a bit when I first read the news but as Deanerandterry said, as long as its at least a half decent movie and every characteristic that makes the turtles themselves remain in tact then I think I can over look the fact that they are aliens.

A lot of people seem to forget that the original story did in fact involve aliens and maybe that will play out in the movie to some degree. I would be completely worried if Bay was tackling the project all on his own but the fact that he said he was working with one of the original creators is somewhat relieving I suppose. I don't know, instead of rage quitting on life,I'll wait till the movie is released before I form any sort of opinion on it. Who knows,perhaps Bay will pull a good movie out of his ass. That remains to been seen though.

Also,FYI I actually like the Transformer movies...Guess that makes my opinion null and void then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back