• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tito Ortiz Turned Heel....

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
After Austin Aries turned down The Main Event Mafia, Rampage Jackson seeked his "friend's" help with Aces and Eights.... Not only he is not helping him next week but he cost Chris Sabin the belt when he bashed Rampage's head in with his hammer during the main event of Hardcored justice....

Are you excited for this heel turn? Will he wrestle or add anything to the storyline now that he is not only a heel but maybe a part of Aces and Eights?

You could literally see it coming from a mile away. Ortiz had no reason to team up with Rampage Jackson to begin with, especially since they're going to fight each other. Ortiz was signed to be the opposite of Jackson and since the latter is in the Main Event Mafia, it'd only make sense for Ortiz to be in Aces and Eights.

Only thing is that I wish this turn was more believable. Over the course of an hour, Ortiz went from helping MEM to turning on them. I really didn't care because of how fast it happened. I'm indifferent to the heel turn because I don't care about either MMA fighter, but if they were going to do this at least have the partnership last a few weeks. That way we could "believe" that Ortiz wanted to help Rampage.

this was going to happen, but I think turning to help Bully was the right move. what was the other option, turning on the tag team match? but if Tito is going to turn in the tag team match, you would think he would turn to help Aces and Eights meaning MEM would lose the match. but you have to know that's not going to happen because then 1 of the MEM would be gone from TNA. it would look stupid for Tito to turn and join Aces and Eights in the tag team match, only for Aces and Eights to lose the match.

the execution could have been done better. I don't think it was as dramatic as I would have hoped for.

You had to be completely blind not to see this coming. Anyone familiar with Tito Ortiz's career as an MMA fighter, and the image he's projected as the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy", or in the various exploits of his personal life can see that being a "good guy" simply doesn't vibe with who he is. As I figured, it looks as though TNA is being used as a means to initiate this feud between Ortiz & Jackson as part of the build towards their MMA fight in early November. Whether or not it's a good idea is anybody's guess because a lot of MMA fans hate pro wrestling with a passion, so Ortiz & Jackson participating in a pro wrestling feud is going to obliterate their credibility in the eyes of some.

Personally Tito Ortiz on TNA TV shows me one thing, Dixie Carter is willing to suck up to Spike TV to try and keep a good spot on TV with them. Ortiz brought nothing to TNA the last time he was there to special guest referee, so who the hell cares now? Rampage is the same way. Sure they are fighting to help rise Bellator, but who cares about them in TNA unless they are going to shoot on each other? Maybe this is their way of learning how to fix their fights so it can look spectacular and not suck for not really fighting in the last couple of years I don't know.

But in all seriousness Ortiz and Rampage aren't fully dedicated TNA guys their more Spike TV guys, They aren't looking to dedicate themselves to TNA like guys like Shamrock and Severn did for WWE. Shamrock today still tries and helps people in MMA, and Severn trains students in MMA and Pro Wrestling, and still has his own promotion out of Coldwater Michigan even though he has retired from the sport a few months ago. Is Tito planning on dedicating himself like Shamrock, Severn, Angle who went from other backgrounds to become a wrestler? No? Will he be here in 6 months? Probably not? So why give Tito Ortiz any grace for being heel, when he will be a TNA afterthought within the year.

It was easy to see, and as SOON as I saw that hammer in Tito's hand, I thought "That's going in Rampage's head in about 20 seconds."

The two are having a real fight a month and a half from now, there is no way in hell that they were gonna stay friendly.

Also, I just want to point out that Rampage continues to look uncomfortable doing even the most basic wrestling moves. He can't fake punch and he can't throw someone without looking awkward.

I would've thought they would wait till the match and have him turn IN THE MATCH.

Good move anyway, it creates "legitimate" beef between the two and they have the payoff on PPV in November.

Will undoubtedly help Spike TV make more money so hopefully they can piss off once their little feud is over.

Personally Tito Ortiz on TNA TV shows me one thing, Dixie Carter is willing to suck up to Spike TV to try and keep a good spot on TV with them. Ortiz brought nothing to TNA the last time he was there to special guest referee, so who the hell cares now? Rampage is the same way. Sure they are fighting to help rise Bellator, but who cares about them in TNA unless they are going to shoot on each other? Maybe this is their way of learning how to fix their fights so it can look spectacular and not suck for not really fighting in the last couple of years I don't know.

But in all seriousness Ortiz and Rampage aren't fully dedicated TNA guys their more Spike TV guys, They aren't looking to dedicate themselves to TNA like guys like Shamrock and Severn did for WWE. Shamrock today still tries and helps people in MMA, and Severn trains students in MMA and Pro Wrestling, and still has his own promotion out of Coldwater Michigan even though he has retired from the sport a few months ago. Is Tito planning on dedicating himself like Shamrock, Severn, Angle who went from other backgrounds to become a wrestler? No? Will he be here in 6 months? Probably not? So why give Tito Ortiz any grace for being heel, when he will be a TNA afterthought within the year.

Would your highness rather have Dixie Carter not "suck up" to Spike TV, deny deals like this, piss them off and ruin her relationship with the network that her show is on? That's gotta be good, right?

She's not sucking up, she's making a business call the details of which we don't know. Who the hell knows. Maybe Bellator is paying TNA a shit-load of money to promote Rampage versus Tito. Maybe Spike is paying them. Maybe Tito's paid by either Spike or Bellator, serving no costs to TNA whatsoever. You don't know. TNA must get something out of this and I'm thinking someone is paying them for the free advertising. Or it's a favor for favor type of thing and we'll see some TNA guys on Bellator. Time will tell.

Either way, I wasn't interested in Tito before, I won't be now. I want to see one of these guys in a match doing SOMETHING. Try to punch someone, kick them, do their MMA bullshit. SOMETHING. Until then they're absolutely useless. I'm not interested in decorations.

yes I also saw the turn coming, as why would Tito stay friendly when he and Rampage fight in November, that out of the way, a couple questions/thoughts

#1, still needing another member, who does Main Event Mafia find? It was originally Kurt Angle, but he's in drug rehab, Austin Ares seems on the fence, and Tito Ortiz clearly won't be on their side, so who makes the 5th member in that tag match

#2. way out for Sting? For those who didn't know the tag match between aces & 8s and Main Event Mafia had a stipulation of the wrestler who gets pinned has to leave TNA. If that stipulation is still active, could that be a way for Sting to be the one who gets pinned, and as a result be WWE bound?

#3. The TNA event that aired last night was called a PPV, but aired for free on Spike. The Bellator PPV coming on November is expected by many to do terribly on PPV, so with that in mind, has Bellator considered putting the PPV on free TV?

Funny how everyone is saying Tito turning came a mile way, after the fact that it happened. Where was all this bragging a week, or 2 ago when he first showed up? With all the cuts TNA is doing, I'm sure this MMA cross promotion is being mostly funded by Spike, or Bellator. And why all the complaining about a PPV quality show on somewhat free TV (cable is by far from free)? Early numbers are pointing at a good success. It's not like the E is doing the wrestling fan any favors. Hell, I remember when Saturday Night's Main Event was a huge show, almost like a PPV. When has Vince done anything like that lately?

And for all those knobs saying Hogan takes up over 50% of the show; he's barely been on the last couple weeks. And not that much even before then.

It was predictable, because you'd have to be an idiot or brain dead to think Rampage and Tito would be on the same team. For starters, it's a well known fact both men are preparing to fight each other on pay per view soon. Most MMA fans despise pro wrestling as it is. Imagine how they would react if two guys, who are supposed to beat each other's brains out team up and become buddies in a pro wrestling storyline? Yeah, both men are still participating in a pro wrestling storyline, but at least they're feuding against each other. Second, having Rampage and Tito on the same team would've created a big imbalance of power, so it only makes sense to split them up, and put them on separate teams.

Anyway, Tito's addition could give Aces & Eights a boost, and with Bully as champion, the stable is finally moving in the right direction again. More often than not, Aces & Eights is in desperate need of some momentum, and adding Tito can only help the situation.

Filing this piece of information under "W" for Who cares? None of this makes sense. The more and more I watch of TNA, I find that Friends dont let Friends watch TNA. With the recent cuts and misuse of the talent that they do have, its time to pull the plug. The shame is that they have talented people like AJ, Hernandez, Magnus, Joe but have no idea how to best use them. The fact that they let a Matt Morgan go without so much as a failed storyline.. (They have to give him one in order for it to fail).. then they bring in Rampage, King Mo, and Tito... This isnt TNA, its Spike trying to get ratings for Bellator and screwing TNA in one swift motion.. This is by far the worst I have seen from TNA... the good news is that it can only get better... Lets just hope they have hit bottom..

Tito is a natural heel. When he debuted I was surprised he was even trying to be a face. He has always been heelish in the UFC. I am not sure if he will wrestle, but I think he is a much better fit along side Bully Ray. It never made sense for him to line up with Rampage. This was something that obliviously could be seen a mile away, and was the right move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back