• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Titles to be unified soon?

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
Well This week we have 2 blockbuster main events in WWE. On Raw we have John Morrison vs Miz for the WWE title in a falls count anywhere and on SD we have Edge vs Kane in a Last Man Standing. Well What i could see happening as possiblities are both matches ending in a draw and the titles being vacated. So what do u guys think because for me personally i do not want to see the titles unified.

Ok, it has been rumored for a very long time that this was going to happen. But I don't see it happening like this. I think if the rumors are true and they do unify the world titles that it will be at wrestlemania and not right now. Miz and Edge just won there titles so I doubt they would take a belt off of them. Secondly, I think unifying the titles would be an excellent idea because it would give the world champion more prestige. They would be world champion over the whole company and not just one brand.

I personally want to see this happen because having someone hold 1 world title and winning it at wrestlemania cements that guy as the man over the whole company and that hes the best

Especially if the guy holds the belt for a substantial amount of time and makes fans believe hes the world champ , it adds so much prestige to the belt and pushes other wrestlers to know that if you wanna be the guy you have to hold WWE TITLE BAR NONE!

I hope they unify the IC and U.S Title As Well

Well This week we have 2 blockbuster main events in WWE. On Raw we have John Morrison vs Miz for the WWE title in a falls count anywhere and on SD we have Edge vs Kane in a Last Man Standing. Well What i could see happening as possiblities are both matches ending in a draw and the titles being vacated. So what do u guys think because for me personally i do not want to see the titles unified.

Why would the titles be vacated if the matches were a draw?
It's never happened before and won't happen now.

I'm hoping WWE go with Miz/Cena for the WWE title and Edge/Rey @ Mania for the World title and then build up to the mega unification match at Summerslam.

WWE needs to freshen things up in 2011, from PPV's, title unifications and money in the bank cash in's to name a few.

I've been watching wrestling for twenty plus years and, I have never seen a title held up on a draw. In fact in the old NWA territory days Ric Flair and other NWA World Champions matches would almost always end in a draw. So that scenario would not work. If they do unify the belts it would be at Wrestlemania not now. I wouldn't mind seeing them unify the belts soon. In my opinion it would make the one title more prestigious. I don't think it will happen this year though.

I have been wanting them to unify the belts forever! It was so stupid to have two belts. I could care less who was Champ because In my eyes they didnt mean anything. But having one means something and in my opinion will make the Main Events even better. Glad to here their atleast thinking about bringing some pride back to the belt!

I'm hoping WWE go with Miz/Cena for the WWE title and Edge/Rey @ Mania for the World title and then build up to the mega unification match at Summerslam.

WWE needs to freshen things up in 2011, from PPV's, title unifications and money in the bank cash in's to name a few.

the titles would be vacated so that they can hold a tournament featuring 6 of raws and 6 sd superstars who are top contenders. the final four would meet at mania in a semi finals then the last two would fight for the belt

And yes a title has been vacated due to a draw and you call ur self a wrestling fan. in late 2004 it was HHH vs Edge vs benoit and something happened with benoit and edge where they both won but the refs and officials couldnt decide so they vacated the belt which led to a match at New Years Revolution in an Elimination Chamber match

ok so what i meant in my scenario is say both morrison and miz have there hands on eachother and the ref pins for both and cant decide who the winner is then they vacate the belt. Same with edge and kane neither men would be able to answer the count of 10 and boom belt gets vacated.

And a title match has been vacated due to a draw when it was Benoit vs Edge vs HHH for the WHC on Raw both benoit and edge won the match and cant remeber it all too clearly but the title was vacated and it led to a match at New Years Revolution in an Elimination Chamber match for the vacated World title

I can Definitely see it happen, but I don't want it to happen until AFTER Mania.

Wrestlemania is already lacking star power, but at least with two world titles on the line it can give those matches prestige.

I gotta admit I'd love for the titles to be unified but they can't do it with a tournament heading into mania. The show is to big to take a chance for a tournament.

Now I might be wrong and this is just my opinion wrestlemania four did the tournament and I think it was one of the worst mania's ever.

Do I think the titles should be unified at mania for sure I do have your two main events for the titles and then have those two face each other to make one champion. I can see a story line for it. But I would love it if McMahon came out after the two title matches. He calls both champions out and says he wants to see who the champion of champions is and they have a unification match. I'd love to see it play out that way. Like a bonus match that they didn't advertise.

I think had Taker not gotten hurt and won the World title last October then a unification match against Cena might well have happened, but right now they don't have the right two guys position to have something as huge as a unification match for the world titles.

And yes a title has been vacated due to a draw and you call ur self a wrestling fan. in late 2004 it was HHH vs Edge vs benoit and something happened with benoit and edge where they both won but the refs and officials couldnt decide so they vacated the belt which led to a match at New Years Revolution in an Elimination Chamber match

The reason the title was vacated here is because neither of the guys locked in the double win were champion at the time, any draw where the champion is involved the title remains on him.

I hate that theres two world title within 1 said company....it doesnt make sense.......but i would wait till Wrestlemania to unify them during the main event.
I wouldnt unify the IC belt with the US title though. I would go back and have them treat the IC belt again as the step below the World title and try to make it special again. Then have the US title as a lower roster belt for guys to move up to. kinda like back in the day with the IC belt and the European title. Could use the US title for guys like bourne, Rhodes, or guys that might have a chance to move up or guys that wont have a chance at the world title or IC belt.

I dont want the titles to be unified, far too many main eventers chasing the gold and far too many with nothing to do. It just doesnt make sense!...will be far too many rubber matches. If there are 2 shows, you need 2 belts. Its simple. If WWE want to go to 1 belt then they need to stop the brand extension and put everyone together. If you do that then Sheamus, Punk, Miz, Barret, Del Rio, will automatically go to mid card forever. Taker, Trips, Cena, Orton, Show, Kane will almost always be above them.

It could be a thought. Neither of the matches will end cleanly anyway so they may be going into a setup for the titles to be unified. I always thought it was a dumb move to have two main titles in the first place. That's like having two intercontinental titles, it's just stupid. So the titles need to hurry and become one like it's been .

I dont want the titles to be unified, far too many main eventers chasing the gold and far too many with nothing to do. It just doesnt make sense!...will be far too many rubber matches. If there are 2 shows, you need 2 belts. Its simple. If WWE want to go to 1 belt then they need to stop the brand extension and put everyone together. If you do that then Sheamus, Punk, Miz, Barret, Del Rio, will automatically go to mid card forever. Taker, Trips, Cena, Orton, Show, Kane will almost always be above them.

They should have never changed to two belts, dumb move. Also it was many chasing the gold when Hogan was around, During one of the most popular eras in wrestling in the "Attitude Era" even in the 80's and WWE/F whatever the hell you want to call them had no problems then, in fact those were their most successful decades. In fact all those guys you named in Punk, Del Rio etc will have plenty to do, they will be chasing the title. And whoever the champion is will have more than the same 3-4 people to defend it against just like they did when it was one belt for all those years. So in fact it makes plenty of sense. And Taker, triple h, Big Slow, and Kane are all on their way out so that comment also isn't true.

That was one time out of how many times a World Championship match has ended in a draw? The only reason the championship was vacated was because the World Heavyweight Champion, Triple H, was not involved in the decision. If a Championship match ends in a draw, where the Champion is involved in the decision, the Champion retains the Championship. If, in the rare instance, the match is contested between three or more superstars and results in a draw, where the Champion is NOT involved in the match, the Champion does not retain his/her Championship, and the Championship is subsequently vacated. That's what happened in the Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship match between these three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back