• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Title Unification: A Good Idea?

Boourns

Dark Match Winner
I've never been one of the people to suggest that merging the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship is a good idea however, lately I've started to feel as though, it could work. Initially I allowed thing such as wrestlers losing their jobs or being relegated and demoted to hold me back but, recently I've decided that there could be a place for title unification.

Now, to achieve the unification in the first place some of the jobbers would have to go down to NXT and a lot of guys would have to be place into stables and tag-teams and other roles that get them out of the singles picture. Then you would have to create the situation where the two top guys would hold both championships. (Seems obvious/simple enough...)

Unified top tier titles essentially means that the Intercontinental and United States title would be held by guys like Alberto Del Rio and Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler. Guys that at the moment are one step from being the world champion (again in the case of ADR and Ziggler) but, aren't quite the main eventers. This would overall improve the product but, would push guys down like Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston. But, I'm only using these names as examples, I know some of these guys could flourish or sink very low etc my point is, is that with a smaller world title picture everyone gets pushed down and rivalries have to have more people in them and the tag team picture and mid card picture has to be full. The world title picture would need more triple threat and fatal four way matches. (If you remember the attitude era there was actually, quite a lot of them and quite frankly, I have no idea how anyone would dislike a match where anything can happen but, that's just me.)

The thing that actually brought me to the conclusion that the titles should be unified was the Ryback/Punk match which is headlining Hell in A Cell tonight. A lot of people are talking about how it is a lose/lose but, think of this: If Ryback beats Punk and begins feuding with someone like the Big Show or John Cena etc afterwards and Punk feuds with Ziggler, Punk can become the World Heavyweight Champion and then unify the titles in order to face the Rock as the Undisputed Champion. OR if you're the sort of guy who thinks more about the future, you could solidify Ryback as the next top guy by having him go into Survivor Series and beat Sheamus or Big Show or Ziggler (or whoever is on top at the time) and become the new Undisputed Champion. However, Punk would still have to take it from him to face the Rock. But, I digress.

My question is: Would you unify ANY of the titles in WWE (or split any/make any new ones.) and How would you do so?

ps. Sorry if this thread reads back poorly, I was doing other things whilst writing it and some of it has been switched around a little.

Another title unification thread? Well, at least it's a little different in its official question. Alright.... Here we go.

At this point I think that the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship could eventually use a unification. The Divas and Tag Team Championships need to remain unified due to how small the amount of contenders in those divisions has gotten. The Intercontinental and United States Championships can remain seperated. The reason for that is that if there is only one world title (like most everyone thinks there should be, what with the brand extension being gone anyway) then that opens up far more space in the midcard. If the midcard titles got merged too then where would a large portion of the roster go? They'd be stuck in filler feuds no one cares about ALL THE TIME. Two midcard titles allows the midcarders to keep having titles to chase but also the chance to work with guys who are potential world title contenders that also need something to do. Intercontinental can mainly be on Smackdown and United States mainly on Raw, to help promote attendance at events for the respective brands.

Now, that leaves us with why and how the two world titles should be unified. The World Heavyweight Championship has not felt like it was on par with the WWE Championship for almost two years now. OPENING at not one but TWO Wrestlemanias, and a massive shortage of closing PPV events. That is now how you treat a world title. Then we have the ending of the brand extension. CM Punk, Ryback, Cena, or whoever is the current champion can challenge all sorts of contenders and they do not have to get stuck doing the same feud for more than 2 PPV events anymore. It also raises the importance of the midcard titles if world title tier guys are contending for them. The unification match needs to happen at none other than Night of Champions and I would like to see it be an Iron Man Match between two guys who can successfully steal the show. Such a match deserves only the best, unifying the two world titles deals with a great deal of history and WWE should keep that in mind before throwing together a pointless match that doesn't do the event justice.

Put simply YES very good idea. To be honest i dont think no one cares about the WHC. The WWE title is the main title and even punk made it loud and clear publicy a few weeks ago with sheamus during a promo on RAW. Just drop the WHC. Theres one big company so you need the one big title not 1 and a half ass title.

The only reason they wont drop it is because of its history, and I know its not technically the WCW title anymore, but in reality thats all what I see when I see it. Brings me back to the goldbergs, stings, hogans etc from the WCW days

Enough is enough unify them and introduce the brand new Title.

There should only be one main title! Having 2 champs weakens it for me. One champ; one best in the company! The Intercontinental and U.S. can then be staple show belts for the upper mid card and give them more weight. Keep Tag titles as they are. Make the Divas exclusive to Smackdown, give them more exposure. There are talented performers there but they need an avenue to showcase that talent, with the right Divas being given the chance (ie Natalya / Aj types who actually grew up loving wrestling). Lastly the re-emergence of the Cruiserweight division exclusive to Raw.

Have a kind of tier system: Punk, Cena, Sheamus, Orton etc fighting for the WWe title.

Kofi, Del Rio, Truth, Barrett, Miz etc elevating the Intercontinental / U.S. titles to be the upper mid card, getting ready for the big one.

Tag titles to group the rookies (like in the 80s when tag teams allowed wrestlers to find themselves and grow before entering singles careers if they show enough) and lower mid card.

Gives the product a much better structure o work from in my eyes. It also greater allows for the creation of new stars by giving exposure to everyone.

Yes. Definitely.

WWE should unify the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship.

When the WWE started and right up until around when they bought WCW they only had ONE top title - The WWE Championship. Even after they basically merged the World Heavyweight and WWE titles to make the Undisputed Title. Then, for some reason, they broke it off again, I'm assuming because they wanted to really separate the SmackDown from Raw roster.

But even WCW only had one top title during their run.

But it's been years since then! No one associated with the WCW is really around much anymore.

WWE would benefit a lot form merging the WWE and WH Titles.

The best part? It is a storyline that basically writes it self.

You get a top heel and top face with the WWE title and World title and they feud saying they are tried of not being respected as the best. This leads to a match at WrestleMania where they fight for the title unification. Of course it doesn't have to be just one match. They can have a series of matches with different contenders who could win their own shot at the Unified Title if they win.

Point is: By having a Title Unification storyline it will bring huge importance to the top title(s) because they are soon to be one and everyone involved in that storyline will get good exposure.

Then the Intercontinental Title can be re-affirmed as the second most prestigious title in the company. It can be the title that 'travels with' SmackDown as their Main Event Championship match draw.

Then, personally, I'd like to see the US title retired (still a WCW thing) and replaced with something new. I really hate that it seems hardcore matches are not really allowed in the PG era of WWE. You only get your odd Falls Count Anywhere or No DQ matches once in a while to see some hardcore action.

But maybe the new title should be something like the "Connected Championship". A title which gets defended based on fan input that determine some of the match stipulations or challengers. Probably would be a neat idea. The WWE loves fan feedback, well if they had a title which was heavily influenced by the fans they could see what the fans are more drawn to.

But WWE can be so slow to adapt.

They haven't even freaking changed the look of the WWE title. I'm hoping the only reason they are waiting is because they ARE planning a World and WWE title merge storyline and they plan to re-design the WWE title for after that storyline finishes.

Me personally no, I would hate to see it go back to their only being one main championship in the WWE. I still feel that the WWE title has huge relevance and you need the W.H.C to help elevate other stars to get them over as main eventers. I feel the main event picture is weak as it is and you would only have the same 5/6 guys going for the WWE title, if you just had one belt. Yes we get that now... but imagine how it would be, wrestlers would get lost in the fold and it could hurt the product. It will be much more difficult for creative to come up with feuds that have an interesting build that’s not for a championship, those days are well behind us. What would it do for mid-card wrestlers that are struggling to break through to main event as it is? Also it's easy booking to have two stars going after a heavy-weight championship, it gives that feud a purpose without making up some b.s story.
WWE feuds recently without being over a major championship have sucked balls. Name me one feud recently that has been great that hasn't been over a WWE or W.H.C championship. They way WWE are doing house shows these days it would be hard to feature only one champ on every show, you would have to cancel doing house shows on a Tuesday night so the WWE championship feud can be built on both shows. That will cost WWE money but know doubt would improve the quality of Smackdown. Just keep it the same so you can elevate the likes of Barrett, Ziggler, Del Rio, Miz and Kingston that could desperately do with a W.H.C run to gain full main event status. It would do grand things for the business in the long term of things know?

The WWE should have one title but they should really come back to the concept of 2 companies, one PG one TV-14 and have a champion for each. The companies would need to be totally seperate but I think if they did that, even at this late stage it would be enough to re-ignite interest in the companies.

They missed the opportunity when they bought WCW to do that. There is no reason why 2 companies, with seperate rosters, shows and management wouldn't work. Sure they are under one umbrella, but the concept of a 2 brand WWE has gone it's course. If they want one company, then yes they need to merge the titles and get away from the concept that everyone should have a world title. The World title should be the absolute pinnacle, the best a wrestler will ever get and they are lucky or good to get there once... not 10 or 15 times in 8 years or if they fail to get there in 3 years you are done in the business as it is now.

Me personally no, I would hate to see it go back to their only being one main championship in the WWE. I still feel that the WWE title has huge relevance and you need the W.H.C to help elevate other stars to get them over as main eventers. I feel the main event picture is weak as it is and you would only have the same 5/6 guys going for the WWE title, if you just had one belt. Yes we get that now... but imagine how it would be, wrestlers would get lost in the fold and it could hurt the product. It will be much more difficult for creative to come up with feuds that have an interesting build that’s not for a championship, those days are well behind us. What would it do for mid-card wrestlers that are struggling to break through to main event as it is? Also it's easy booking to have two stars going after a heavy-weight championship, it gives that feud a purpose without making up some b.s story.
WWE feuds recently without being over a major championship have sucked balls. Name me one feud recently that has been great that hasn't been over a WWE or W.H.C championship. They way WWE are doing house shows these days it would be hard to feature only one champ on every show, you would have to cancel doing house shows on a Tuesday night so the WWE championship feud can be built on both shows. That will cost WWE money but know doubt would improve the quality of Smackdown. Just keep it the same so you can elevate the likes of Barrett, Ziggler, Del Rio, Miz and Kingston that could desperately do with a W.H.C run to gain full main event status. It would do grand things for the business in the long term of things know?

You have just described what the Intercontinental Title should be used for.....

In what day and age should a World title be used to get somebody ready for the main event? You should only be even near the World title when you are ready for the main event.

People will say, well **INSERT FAVOURITE WRESTLER** would never be a world champion if there was only one title belt, mayne in the 90's there should have been a WWF title and a World title so that Razor Ramon, Mr Perfect, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, Owen Hart etc could have been World champions? There is no brand extension anymore (THANK GOD) so why on earth there is 2 World titles baffles me.

For me, I think Title Unification should happen. There is no split between the brands anymore, people from Raw challenge for the Smackdown World Title, and people from Smackdown challenge for the Raw World Title, so I feel there's no need for their to be two titles. Also, the World Heavyweight Title means nowhere near as much as the WWE Title does, so it would just add prestige to the WWE Title, and get rid of a pointless title. The the IC Title could be used as the stepping stone title like it once was, and the WWE Title, I think, would be much more prestigious as there's only ONE top guy, one man on top of the world, instead of TWO World Champions.

It would also create a ton of new feuds, and in a way it would make the IC Title more prestigious as it'd be the second title from the top now. It would make it so there'd be fresh feuds for the title, so we wouldn't be stuck with feuds like Sheamus vs ADR that went on for 5 months or so. So I think, all in all, a title unification would be really beneficial to the WWE.

If I remember correctly the last time the WHC was the main event in a ppv was 2010..It was that god awful HIAC match with Taker and Kane. I thought Orton vs Christian at Over the Limit should of been the main event, but other than that I cant think of many matches that I felt should of headlined a ppv.

If you want to unify the world and wwe title...you might as well get rid of the US title. I dont know why you should have two mid card titles then. Go back to the old school approach. It would make winning the titles tougher and probably keep the title feuds fresher.

I doubt it will ever happen. The big reason is Vince doesn't want to have houseshows without either the world or wwe title on it.

Their are ways they can elevate the WHC now that they are doing Supershows. For example, have Orton as WHC and have someone like Brock challenge him. They could do most of the angle involving Brock on Raw and Orton can continue building the feud on Smackdown without Brock.. Doing something like that would make the WHC look more important.

For me personally, I'm ok with two World Championships and I'm ok with a unifcation at some point. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably go for unifying the titles at this point.

Since brand exclusivity for Raw & SD! is pretty much dead, and has been really for almost a year now, so, on the surface, having two World Championships no longer really seems to be necessary. Allegedly, however, one main of the main reasons why they've kept the titles separate is the belief that SD! having its own World Championship helps sell tickets to house shows. I think there's some truth to that after all. When's the last time the WWE had a house show in which a World Championship wasn't on the line?

While the brand split is pretty much dead, the WWE is still ultimately able to, usually, run two different house shows in two different areas a day. There's no reason why they couldn't keep doing so without the WHC but, again, the WWE feels that each brand needs its own top strap for house show purposes. There might be some degree of truth in that. SD! is already viewed as the less important show as it is, so taking away their World Championship might only further that view.

But, to be honest, I'm sure WWE could come up with some idea that could work. One less World Championship could mean that SD! could really be used to put a huge spotlight on one of the mid-card titles.

If a unification does happen, which I do think it will at some point, then I expect one of two scenarios:

1. The WWE Championships absorbs the World Heavyweight Championship with the WHC ultimately being retired. The WWE Championship has always been the top title of the company no matter what. The odds of WWE doing the opposite are damn near astronomical as the WWE Championship is the title created by Vince, Sr. almost 50 years ago. That title is linked to the history of the company in a way that no other title on the roster is.

2. The WWE & World Heavyweight Championships are unified into a single, brand new championship with its own lineage. This scenario is also unlikely, but one that I do like to some degree. Vince is going to have to step down eventually for one reason or another, so the creation of a brand new World Championship, maybe calling it simply the WWE World Championship, could be seen as starting things off fresh. This would create a lot of buzz and interest because wrestling without the WWE Championship, in all honesty, is something that many people would never happen.

I don't look for either title to be gone for a long while, but I do believe it'll happen someday.

New to this so be patient. Ppl argue about having a World champ at all house shows, but, there was a time when the WWF had three separate tours going at once and even then the world title was mid card not main event. You could still have separate shows, and really push the IC with the "almost" guys headlining the "B" shows. I'm in favor only having one champ, especially since the brand extension in over.

I think the WWE absolutely should unify the World Heavyweight championship and the WWE championship. I havent followed wrestling much at all in the last 6-7 years and I can tell you that is as big a contributing factor as anything.

I miss the days when there was one Major championship. It was the title everybody was vying for and it made all the main event feuds mean that much more. Same thing with the Intercontinental championship and the US title. Why does there need to be two? Go back to having the WWE championship as the main title in the company and the IC title as the, for lack of a better term, "workhorse" title.

I'd be fine with unifying the titles, under one condition. I mentioned this in the thread about the potential of a MITB holder winning a World title.

If the World titles(or IC/US titles) are unified, it needs to be clear that they are still separate, distinct titles that just happen to have the same champion at the same time. The titles must be defended separately, and be involved in separate feuds. So one week the unified champion defends the WWE title against one challenger, and then the next week he defends the World Heavyweight Champion against somebody else.

Any permanent unifying of the titles is nonsense. Too many legitimate main eventers for that. But on a temporary basis, I think this would make a great storyline.

They should just unify it already at the WWE World Heavyweight Champion with a brand new belt design. Let's face it the WHC has been put in the back burner and now feels like the Intercontinental Title (where as the IC Title feels like the European Title, and the US Title feels like ... oh who the heck cares).

Its seems apparent the WWE has no commitment in making an effort in having the WHC in equal standing as the WWE title. They did in 2002 to 2009 but not anymore.

I say unify it ... I mean there really isn't a brand split anymore anyways and wasn't that the original reason why we have two Championship Belts?

Now that there is no longer a brand split the world title just seems pointless to me. It has been playing second fiddle to the WWE title for years now and I don't ever see it changing. I think the reason why WWE won't unify the belts (other then the history of the title) is because WWE would need to have the WWE champion appear on both Raw and Smackdown. With how things stand at the moment, you hardly ever see C M Punk or John Cena compete on Smackdown and if the WWE were to unify both titles and one of these men became the unifyed champion then that would mean they would have to appear week in and week on both Raw and Smackdown. Now I know wwe want to protect their two biggest stars, but if the WWE fans now that they will never get to see the WWE champion on smackdown then people are going to stop watching the show. So until this changes then you will never see both the world title and the WWE title unifyed.

Allegedly, however, one main of the main reasons why they've kept the titles separate is the belief that SD! having its own World Championship helps sell tickets to house shows.

The current Championship structure allows WWE to have 2 full rosters that can perform at different locations at the same time. This concept came about when WWF purchased WCW, and was Vince McMahon's intent all along. For all intents and purposes, Smackdown is WCW and actually should be viewed as such, the only reason the name wasn't carried over was because fans and sponsors no longer valued the WCW brand.

SD! is already viewed as the less important show as it is, so taking away their World Championship might only further that view.

Smackdown is NOT the less important show. It is the show with fewer viewers, because Raw is the "crossover appeal" show. Many Raw viewers don't even like watching matches, they tune in for the drama, the big name stars and Attitude Era nostalgia. Smackdown is the WRESTLING show, much like WCW was in the 90's. Most talents tend to break into the main event on Smackdown before stepping into the spotlight on Raw, or rising stars get more time to make an impact on the Friday show. Smackdown is the "hardcore wrestling fan" show if you ask me, and the World Heavyweight Title is the more hardcore fan title, the WWE Title is the "Vince's golden child" title.

But, to be honest, I'm sure WWE could come up with some idea that could work. One less World Championship could mean that SD! could really be used to put a huge spotlight on one of the mid-card titles.

That would make Smackdown the "B Show" for sure, if the top title was a midcarder belt. The point of a midcard is to make the middle of the show interesting. If WWE's midcard was half as exciting as WCW's was, they'd be in much better shape as a company.

If a unification does happen, which I do think it will at some point, then I expect one of two scenarios:

1. The WWE Championships absorbs the World Heavyweight Championship with the WHC ultimately being retired. The WWE Championship has always been the top title of the company no matter what. The odds of WWE doing the opposite are damn near astronomical as the WWE Championship is the title created by Vince, Sr. almost 50 years ago. That title is linked to the history of the company in a way that no other title on the roster is.

I don't understand this idea that without a brand split there must only be 1 World Title across 6+ hours of WWE TV. It makes for less opportunity on the rosters, less PPV championship matches... What's so good about one World Title? Do you really need Vince to tell you who to cheer for that badly?

Imagine if 1990's Raw regularly featured visiting WCW stars, and Nitro often had Title defenses with WWE talent? It sounds mind-blowing, but to young fans who grew up with WWE's brand split that's actually what happened when Triple H started "Raw Supershow" and the brand split went away. It's more exciting this way, and you still have 2 defined rosters.

2. The WWE & World Heavyweight Championships are unified into a single, brand new championship with its own lineage. This scenario is also unlikely, but one that I do like to some degree. Vince is going to have to step down eventually for one reason or another, so the creation of a brand new World Championship, maybe calling it simply the WWE World Championship, could be seen as starting things off fresh. This would create a lot of buzz and interest because wrestling without the WWE Championship, in all honesty, is something that many people would never happen.

Hahaha, um this was done with the UNDISPUTED Championship... Which has been RETIRED!!! Don't count on this silly piece of history to repeat itself. Title history richens the pro wrestling legacy that keeps fans tuning in. WWE even recognizes WCW's WHC reigns in the current championship's lineage.

Two brands, two world titles. Don't count on either going away if you ask me.

I think this is about the 50th time this kind of thread as come up. Unify the WWE & WHC title - YES YES YES. Why quite simple - there is no need for two titles,one title one champion - the scramble for the no 1 challenger spot becomes exciting and valid again and at last.It boosts both the US title and IC title given them both more kudos. I think how they do it could be spread over 3 or 4 PPV's giving lots of twists and turns on the way.

I think is a great idea, the Tag Team titles is unified, they should do the same with the two top titles, the WHC was relevant when guys like Triple H, Taker or Edge held it, now it's just another title, in the WWE, the WHC is equal to what the Intercontinental title use to be in the 80's and 90's, and that's where the IC title should be, the WWE should just have the WWE title, IC title, they should bring back the European title and drop the US title, i say that in the way that the WWE should have their original titles, the US title is a WCW title, and the Tag Team titles, that way, whoever is the WWE champion, would have far more prestige, and at the same time it would bring far more legitimacy to the IC title, here's an example, i leave the tag team and diva's titles out of this example for ovious reasons:

* US title.- This one should be for guys like like Cesaro, Sandow, or an up and coming superstar.

* IC title.- This one should be held by an upper mid card star ready for the next step, like Ziggler, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, etc.

* WWE title.- This one pretty much explains it self, It should be for guys like Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Orton, or someone who already is above Upper mid card, like the old days, that is why the WWE title use to be far more prestigious than now.......

Here is how it should go:

WWE Championship- The crowning jewel of the company. Only the best get to have it. Your TOP guy carries it.

Raw EXCLUSIVE Title: IC Title- Your 2nd/3rd talent that is away from a push towards the WWE Championship should get this belt. As he is not the number 1 contender because then it would be silly. Have the number 1 contender eventually drop the IC title to the next in line and allow the #1 contenders from Raw/SmackDown feud for the right to challenge the WWE Champion.

SmackDown EXCUSIVE title: US Title- Similar to the IC title. Your #1 contender isn't holding it your 2nd/3rd in line is holding it and defending it constantly to establish/reestablish the credibility of the 2nd tier titles.

RAW Exclusive Title: European Championship- Let's give the guys who are not quite up to main event level something to fight for.

Unified Tag Team Champions- Let them battle it out on both shows. Establish a good tag team division. Bring back some of the released guys. Don't just throw random guys together.

Next: Move all the light guys to SmackDown. Put the light-heavyweight championship on SmackDown solely. Let the guys like Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio and others battle for that title. Honestly, the days of the little guy beating the big guy make no sense. And if WWE wants to increase attendance people will show up for the crazy spots. And for the love of God, have some Japanese guys come over! Didn't WZ have an article up about WWE working with New Japan or something? Dude those guys are awesome with high flying stuff!

Divas Title- Both shows as there is a serious lack of talent, but don't sign anyone else unless they are a big name to the womens division: Mickie James, Kharma/Kong, Beth (if she can be convinced to sign)

This is how the WWE should run things for the title picture. I mean they were at one point talking about a light-heavyweight/cruiser-weight only type of show. Why not put it on SmackDown except have the show be a total package: big guys, small guys, tag teams, up and comers, new contenders, womens wrestling.

Honestly with a unification it could only do good as right now there are what 2-3 contenders for each title? Imagine the possibilities of 8-10 guys fighting for 1 title. Could make for some interesting feuds. Definitely wouldn't make things too repetitive for a while.

Personally i don't want to see any title exclusive to any brand - the brand thing is gone really and I don't really want to see any other title introduced except the Hardcore - but thats not going to happen is it.

Yes I think it would be a good thing to do. I also think the mid card titles, should also be unified. Since the brand extension is pretty much over what's the use of having two top and mid card titles. Go back to the way it use to be. Three titles tag,intercontinental and WWE title.

I do not think a Title-Uni needs to happen at all. Why not just reclassify the titles?
1. WWE Champion
2. WWE Tag Champions
3. WWE TV Champion (defended every monday night)
4. WWE MITB Champion (One Title belt instead of the briefcase - Can be cashed in and defended until cashed in. Once cashed - New tournament to decide who the next up and coming star is)

The World Titles.... yes. But not the IC and US Titles. There is enough talent on the roster that 2 midcard titles are necessary, but there is no need to have two World Titles since there is no real brand distinction and all wrestlers can and do appear on both shows.

As for how to go about unifying the titles, for me there is nothing better than a tournament. We have seen two major tournaments for the World Title in WWE history. The first was at WrestleMania IV and the other at Survivor Series 98. Seems to me we are due for the next one and having it centered around unifying the World Titles is a great angle for it.

I've posted on this subject before. I thought it was here, but maybe not.

Definitely unify them. At least the World titles. There's no point in having both.

The WWE title is still THE championship. The WHC is basically booked the same way the IC title used to be booked. But having two "world" champions makes no sense. And it also devalues the WWE Championship. And makes the secondary titles actually tertiary titles.

Just make Sheamus the IC champion. It really elevates the status of your secondary champion.

And yes, WWE in the late 80s/early 90s used to run 3 house show schedules. In fact, when Hogan was champion, the belt was rarely defended on any house show, since Hogan only did weekends and TV later on in his run. And they still sold.

You can still run two separate schedules with your IC champion, or even your other non-title holding main event-ers headlining, I doubt it would hurt business that much.

I also don't understand the concept of a "TV champion" in an era where wrestling companies make their money off TV and PPV more-so than house shows. Other than tradition, I guess.

One world champion.
One secondary champion.
One tag team champion.

That's all you need.
They could have two secondary champions if they really wanted... but they'd need to actually push the 2nd belt. The US title now is basically a jobber's championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back