• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time to break up the Wyatt's

MERPER

Championship Contender
After seeing the incredibly low RAW ratings and knowing how disgusted so many are with the current boring, stale product... I think one thing can be done real easily and real fast and that's to break up the Wyatt family.

For starters, they are going nowhere. After losing another "epic battle" to the Undertaker and Kane, WWE has blown the opportunity to have Bray and his family be a dominant force of "Fear."

They, ideally, should have turned a face a long time ago with the act of a brainwashing and then had Bray win some feuds to build. But it's too late. They've been knocked down and run over too often for any realistic thought of them being fearful or dominant to exist.

So, with that being said, I think it's time to break them up by turning Luke Harper on Bray some time when Bray barks orders or leaves his troops out to dry.

It doesn't need to be Harper or whichever family members turn becoming face. It can be heel vs heel. But it would be both a surprise and a "Rivalry" people may actually be able to get into.

In addition, if they are going to continue to build Braun Strowman into a monster, what better way than to have him go with Harper (angle: he realizes he's the dominant force of the family and is sick of Bray ordering him around) and then have him and Bray feud and Bray could be used for what he's been used for constantly over the last 2 years or so... wins and putting Braun over.

They broke them up already. It was a horrible mistake and they had to put them back together again. Besides, bad booking isn't going to help them as individuals either.

I wouldn't break them up. But they need to start really effing with - The Man - like Bray Wyatt's character implys. The Authority has a new secondary problem besides trying to keep Roman Reigns down. They have The Wyatt Family attacking everything and everyone NWO style. When they try to put a muffler on The Family , then the crap hits the fan and Wyatt starts preaching about taking all the company's championship titles, making life horrible for The Authority.

Just get rid of them entirely. Bray Wyatt has been given infinite chances to get over as a top star and he continually fails. None of the others can even make it on their own. Luke Harper is a generic big guy who can work decent matches, nothing more. Erick Rowan is a terrible big guy who can't work a match at all. And Braun Strowman is just a huge guy who looks like a giant baby and can't do anything but stand there and look intimidating (as long as you don't look at his toddler-ific face). WWE won't miss the Wyatts one bit.

They broke them up already. It was a horrible mistake and they had to put them back together again. Besides, bad booking isn't going to help them as individuals either.

They broke them up already in a weird way where Bray "let them go" and it was done poorly (as is most of what WWE does these days)....

do it where they turn on Bray... do it right...

Just get rid of them entirely. Bray Wyatt has been given infinite chances to get over as a top star and he continually fails. None of the others can even make it on their own. Luke Harper is a generic big guy who can work decent matches, nothing more. Erick Rowan is a terrible big guy who can't work a match at all. And Braun Strowman is just a huge guy who looks like a giant baby and can't do anything but stand there and look intimidating (as long as you don't look at his toddler-ific face). WWE won't miss the Wyatts one bit.

Let's be realistic here, they aren't just going to get rid of 4 guys. Especially not with so many injury issues already depleting the roster.

If you take out their 1 match and promo a week, you free up 20 minutes more... for what, exactly? Bo Dallas?

Wyatt has built the feuds, it's not his fault if they have him lose all the time. WWE just doesn't know how to put him over without making the other guy look decent.

They didn't want him beating the golden boy Cena, they were building Reigns to be the next 'man'

It's like building up a 007 Bad Guy and saying they're shit when they didn't kill Bond when the story tells them they won't.

I agree the rest of them have zero personality as characters but they're the nWo equivalent of guys like Vincent, and what they turned legitimate good wrestlers like Stevie Ray and Scott Norton in to.

Let's be realistic here, they aren't just going to get rid of 4 guys. Especially not with so many injury issues already depleting the roster.

If you take out their 1 match and promo a week, you free up 20 minutes more... for what, exactly? Bo Dallas?

RAW has so much time it's ridiculous (lord how I hate the 3 hour format, their PPV events are generally shorter since they usually end 10-15 minutes early). That 20 minutes could be used to make a main event match actually mean something by going longer than 8 minutes.

RAW has so much time it's ridiculous (lord how I hate the 3 hour format, their PPV events are generally shorter since they usually end 10-15 minutes early). That 20 minutes could be used to make a main event match actually mean something by going longer than 8 minutes.

Very true. That's something not many people talk about, but the 3-hour PPV is really about 2 hours of wrestling now.

They end 15-20 minutes early. Then you've got a video package of the last month of events leading into each of the 8-10 matches, and each of those are anywhere from 2-4 minutes in length.

Throw in lengthy intro's like the Undertaker's and you're really cutting into things.

But yes, the RAW 3-hour format is terrible. Even when they give a rare good match or good promo/build up that gets fans the least bit going/interested, inevitably the next match is awful and quiets the crowd again.

In the 3-hour RAW format there's really only 4 good spots per show (open, close, and the 2 hour change overs in between) but the last 2 months or so, we get lucky if 2 of those segments are watchable.

I don't intend to deviate from the OP and this thread's main concern but I'd like to begin by saying that if there's anything more hopeless, stale, and boring in the WWE besides Ryback right now, that is Bray Wyatt and his stupid faction. Oh yeah we're four huge intimidating looking guys with huge beards.

Let's just sum up Bray Wyatt's career since Summerslam 13:-

He destroyed Kane at summerslam and then basically beat up a bunch of mid-carders like Kofi Kingston.

He then persuades(or whatever it was)Daniel Bryan to join the family and loses to DB.

He then moves on to Cena and claims he's going to conquer Cena and turn him into a monster. He loses the last match or most of the feud.

He then claimed to do the same the same to the Undertaker on two occasions and then simply lost.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with a heel wrestler losing to a face wrestler when WWE decides so. In the past, maybe Mankind in 1996 never really won any of his feuds. But Mankind's character and whatever he said (in kayfabe) didn't bore the hell out of me. Bray Wyatt does.

I agree with Aquaman in that besides Bray Wyatt, the Wyatt family doesn't even have the tiniest amount of charisma or potential. Heck, Snitsky and Heidenreich had more personality than these guys, and they weren't even THAT good.

So yes, The Wyatt family is boring, repetitive, tedious, and couldn't scare a bunch of cats on their best day. May be they would've been more effective in the '80s era of cartoon characters. Break up this faction.

Far far too soon for the Wyatts to split again - they've only been back together for, what, 3 months or so? But WWE does need to start booking Bray better, like how they did last Christmas when they decided to make him look strong before his Wrestlemania match against the Undertaker.

I have no problem with the Wyatts losing to the Brothers of Destruction at Survivor Series - let's be honest, there was NO way the Undertaker was losing his 25th anniversary match. But perhaps Bray needs to take a step down. His biggest problem is that every single one of his feuds has been upper-mid or top of the card: Kane, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Dean Ambrose, the Undertaker, Roman Reigns.... so he's 'won' feuds against Kane, Ambrose and Jericho but lost the rest, to wrestlers the company sees as more viable champions. Perhaps if Bray actually had some proper mid card feuds (Dolph Ziggler, as much as I think he's a fantastic and underrated talent; Cesaro when back, etc) that he can look strong AND win. Keep him away from the top liners for a while. It looks like the Wyatts are starting to feud with the Dudleys, that could be good, certainly a step in the right direction for Bray.

I also feel he should, every now and then, add to his clergy, but only with disaffected jobbers - Bo Dallas almost definitely will one day 'become' a Wyatt; maybe add a Heath Slater, which would reinvent him. More like Raven's flock than the nWo as the sole purpose would be to support the leader, Wyatt, rather than to all dominate. Just don't make it too big, two or three more followers maximum.

And as for not getting over, the 'fireflies' and crowd reaction every time the lights go down and Wyatt appears suggests that he is clearly over

I get that most, if not all stables get broken up in Wrestling and there is almost always dissension in the ranks.

However, I'm glad the Wyatt's are together.

Yes, they are a throwback, or at least could be seen as a throwback but I think they're great.

Would they have worked better in the 80s or 90s?

Perhaps.

Do I see Bray Wyatt as a World Champion?

Not sure, but perhaps, if they book him strongly.

Perception is everything.

He doesn't have to win all the time (Neither do the rest of the Wyatt's), but he needs to be seen as someone who could destroy an opponent.

I love them in a modern day Army Of Darkness kind of way.

I'm just not sure the writers know what to do with them...

Why should they break them up when a lot of fans bitched and complained when they did it the first time?

The problem with the Wyatt's is simple. Bray Wyatt should never be in the wrestling ring. He is supposed to be a backwoods bayou cult leader, therefore, he should never get his hands dirty. He has Harper, Rowan and Strowman to do his bidding for him.

As much as I find Wyatt tedious on the mic these days with his neverending gibberish, he is good at the neverending gibberish. So let him stay on the outside, sitting in his rocking chair directing his troops. I've never found that he's that great of a wrestler anyway. The spider walk thing got boring a long time ago.

Harper should be the main up front member for in ring action, it's amazing that a guy his size can go like he does. I love watching him. He's always been the standout for me in the group. Rowan is just there for backup, they totally screwed up his singles run. Strowman, well I have to agree with Aquaman, he looks like a big Baby Huey standing there. His size is intimidating but nothing else about him is.

Maybe a sort of a face turn would help. Would be great to see them up against the Authority and give HHH some trouble for a change. But most on this thread are right, their credibility is in the wastebasket. The feuds they start have no rhyme or meaning, and usually end up in a loss at a PPV. I wouldn't say they've been a waste of time, but the creative department has totally fucked up here.

if I was going to do anything with the Wyatt's I would have the 3 members jump ship and join authority since Kane is gone, not sure where big show stands, Rollins is out, they could be used to protect Shamus an the title and have them capture some gold along the way, have Seth return and find he has been replaced as the man by Shamus having Seth and Bray teaming up maybe even big show joining Bray replace big show with Bron Stroman as the muscle for authority, have Brock come back wanting the gold and have the new authority attack brock have shamus telling brock he will never get the gold turning brock face and creating new feud like brock vs Stroman etc

Wait, why do they need to be broken-up? That would make things WORSE for the viewers.

Currently: Bray Wyatt (who will NEVER be a main event guy) and 3 worthless jobbers.

Your proposal: 4 people in potentially 4 different programs.

If you keep them "together," it's only one lame Bray promo and maybe a match each show. If you split them, then we have to watch the trash spread out more. Bray's top 2 worthless jobbers already had pushes that amounted to nothing more than wasted TV time, and the black sheep is a jobber who has no wrestling skills whatsoever.

Keep the three jobbers with Bray. At least we only have to waste 20 minutes of lame TV per week as opposed to spreading out the trash.

Wait, why do they need to be broken-up? That would make things WORSE for the viewers.

Currently: Bray Wyatt (who will NEVER be a main event guy) and 3 worthless jobbers.

Your proposal: 4 people in potentially 4 different programs.

If you keep them "together," it's only one lame Bray promo and maybe a match each show. If you split them, then we have to watch the trash spread out more. Bray's top 2 worthless jobbers already had pushes that amounted to nothing more than wasted TV time, and the black sheep is a jobber who has no wrestling skills whatsoever.

Keep the three jobbers with Bray. At least we only have to waste 20 minutes of lame TV per week as opposed to spreading out the trash.

Well, that's where we disagree then.... because I am fine watching Luke Harper in matches and want to see Braun Strowman develop more.

As I stated previously, at this point since Bray can never win a feud, use him to put Braun or Luke over after they turn on him.

Regardless, the point of this thread is that, as all fans are growing increasingly angry and bored of the product right now the entire Wyatt family gimmick is among the worst things going because it never goes anywhere. How can they be the "face of fear" and a "major force" in WWE when time after time they lose when it matters most? They can't.

So end it already.

The whole product needs a shakeup. Here's one.

Once the Wyatts break up, Bray will be the only one with a job.

The 2 real wrestlers, who are phenomenal workers, have been built as nothing but bray's Cronies, and Strowman... Can we get rid of him yet?

As Repetitive as the Wyatts are though, they're still one of my favorite segments on RAW every week.

Vince never shuts up about Bray in WWE Network specials and behind the scenes interviews, so I expect him to stay high midcard to main event for a while.

Something I've really noticed in the past... 6 months or so, at least within the IWC, is that everyone's putting a huge emphasis on the wins and losses, I guess the first time I noticed is when Kevin Owens came out of nowhere and beat John Cena, but then lost to him, and people went crazy over him being a jobber because he lost to Cena, Fast forward it here, I see people making claims about Bray being a midcard jobber because he's lost feuds. I could believe Bray Wyatt coming out of the Darkness to face the Authority and challenging them for the World title, I could see it being done before Wrestlemania, I also could legitimately see Bray Wyatt being a possible Royal Rumble winner, all of those add up to not being a jobber. Wins and Losses don't matter in the long run, except for when somethings actually at stake. Most of what people are focusing on with the wins/losses are pointless.

Once the Wyatts break up, Bray will be the only one with a job.

The 2 real wrestlers, who are phenomenal workers, have been built as nothing but bray's Cronies, and Strowman... Can we get rid of him yet?

As Repetitive as the Wyatts are though, they're still one of my favorite segments on RAW every week.

Vince never shuts up about Bray in WWE Network specials and behind the scenes interviews, so I expect him to stay high midcard to main event for a while.

Something I've really noticed in the past... 6 months or so, at least within the IWC, is that everyone's putting a huge emphasis on the wins and losses, I guess the first time I noticed is when Kevin Owens came out of nowhere and beat John Cena, but then lost to him, and people went crazy over him being a jobber because he lost to Cena, Fast forward it here, I see people making claims about Bray being a midcard jobber because he's lost feuds. I could believe Bray Wyatt coming out of the Darkness to face the Authority and challenging them for the World title, I could see it being done before Wrestlemania, I also could legitimately see Bray Wyatt being a possible Royal Rumble winner, all of those add up to not being a jobber. Wins and Losses don't matter in the long run, except for when somethings actually at stake. Most of what people are focusing on with the wins/losses are pointless.

To be clear, I don't care one bit about record and actual number of wins/losses.

What I do care about is just that the guy and his "cronies" as you call them literally never win a feud. That's not Bray's fault. That's WWE's fault.

The writers and Vince push the gas and have them come across as a dominant group and so "Fearful" and then hit the brakes every single time they come to the climax moment of a feud. It makes no sense.

A year ago, if they really wanted to make them a long-running dominant force, they should have had a face get "brainwashed" and become part of the "family." With, of course, Bray winning that feud.

They toyed with that for the 2 weeks Daniel Bryan was part of the family but no fan was stupid enough to believe that was real. It was more awful writing.

All I am getting at, again, is that this family can't just keep floating in the wind. Starting new feuds that go nowhere and ultimately mean nothing, for much longer.

Either WWE needs to finally put Bray and the "Cronies" over and make them a dominant group or end whatever it is they are now.

I think Bray would be better as the Kevin Sullivan cult leader type but without being active in the ring. The Wyatts could have been such a badass group but the WWE has booked them so weak that they can't do that now. Doing old school beatdowns and just running roughshod but Vince seems to minimalize everyone but his chosen few.

Something needs shoolup, but its not separating them. They've been booked terribly. Almost as jobbers. They were at their best against the Shield, till now. With Stroman addefd their better and more dangerous.

Sure! Let's break up the most unique faction that the WWE currently has, because it worked out SO well for them the first time they tried that. :rolleyes:

No way. Absolutely not. The Wyatt Family is in a perfect spot they way they are. Bray as the leader, who should one day get a World Heavyweight Championship shot (though let's face it, he'll give a bunch of cryptic promos and then lose on PPV). Strowman as the enforcer who could seek one of the midcard titles. Harper and Rowan as underlings who should have held the Tag Team Championship at least once by now. There is nothing that justifies splitting them up. Harper got a short meaningless Intercontinental Championship reign when they split last time, but nothing good came of it other than that. They need to remain together. Bray is more intimidating with his three allies standing behind him. Strowman sucks too much to survive on his own. Rowan is better off in a tag team with Harper. If Harper is the only one out of 4 who might possibly benefit, the split isn't worth it.

Sure! Let's break up the most unique faction that the WWE currently has, because it worked out SO well for them the first time they tried that. :rolleyes:

No way. Absolutely not. The Wyatt Family is in a perfect spot they way they are. Bray as the leader, who should one day get a World Heavyweight Championship shot (though let's face it, he'll give a bunch of cryptic promos and then lose on PPV). Strowman as the enforcer who could seek one of the midcard titles. Harper and Rowan as underlings who should have held the Tag Team Championship at least once by now. There is nothing that justifies splitting them up. Harper got a short meaningless Intercontinental Championship reign when they split last time, but nothing good came of it other than that. They need to remain together. Bray is more intimidating with his three allies standing behind him. Strowman sucks too much to survive on his own. Rowan is better off in a tag team with Harper. If Harper is the only one out of 4 who might possibly benefit, the split isn't worth it.

What makes them so "unique" as you put it? Because they come out to a dark arena, have long beards, Bray can give long-winded speeches, and they claim to be the "new face of fear?"

To be so unique, they have to have actually done something. WWE has failed to make them unique by having them consistently lose every rivalry they've ever had. By never "brainwashing" and "turning" someone into their way of thinking.

What they are at this point isn't "unique" it's stale. It's the same thing over and over and over. Randomly pick a new target, attack, cut long-winded promos, have a few matches, lose, move on. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

And again, I am not suggesting some sort of amicable split like before where suddenly one week they just aren't together anymore and everyone just says "oh, ok" because WWE writing couldn't come up with any sort of legitimate reason to draw people to the split.

I am suggesting a rather sudden or shocking split that includes attacking Bray and leads to a long feud and possible 1 or 2 new members on either side of it.

On a side note, and seriously... does a "2 random members of Wyatt family" vs the Dudley Boys really do anything for you? What, exactly, is left for this family to do? Who is their next target that they lose to? How long can they keep doing the same thing before others realize how stale an act it is?

The ONLY new feud I'd be interested in seeing would be them vs the new authority. Waging war on the establishment and whatever the new authority is. Big Show, HHH, Sheamus, Rusev, Barrett? Is that it now?

That I can get behind. Other than that, what would make you really care?

Breaking up the Wyatt family would likely lead to the release of at least 2 of the 4 guys. Bray would be fine, because he has a built character. Harper works well. Doesn't do shit otherwise, but I guess he could be repackaged. Rowan is the weakest link. And Stroman could also be repackaged, but he seems green as fuck to me.

They're better together than apart. It gives three guys something to do and makes Bray look better with the strength in numbers game going for him. I know, I know, he loses so much that it hurts, but the WWE could turn that around if they wanted to. I don't think they know how they want to do that yet though.

There are a bunch of face Tag Teams that could be attacked by the Wyatts in coming months. Rowan and Harper are the Wyatt tag team. Stroman is the muscle. Bray is the ringleader. Keep to that formula and build a crazy cult. One of their biggest hurdles is that the WWE doesn't seem to build non-title feuds as well as title feuds, and Bray's character doesn't care about titles. Thus, he's picking fights over and over again and repeating the same storylines. That gets dull, and it got dull when Bray was alone, too.

There are a bunch of face Tag Teams that could be attacked by the Wyatts in coming months. Rowan and Harper are the Wyatt tag team. Stroman is the muscle. Bray is the ringleader. Keep to that formula and build a crazy cult. One of their biggest hurdles is that the WWE doesn't seem to build non-title feuds as well as title feuds, and Bray's character doesn't care about titles. Thus, he's picking fights over and over again and repeating the same storylines. That gets dull, and it got dull when Bray was alone, too.

Agree with this completely.

So, break them up 2 and 2. Have Harper or Strowman be the one leading the break up against him as "they're tired of doing Bray's dirty work when they're better than him to begin with. Or you can break the 3 away from Bray, which opens up other possibilities. Such as Bray recruiting new members, for instance, to his side to expand the 3 on 3 angle.

I 100% agree Rowan is awful and might get released. But if he's so awful, why do we care? He's just another bad part of the product as it stands.

Harper can stand alone. He's talented enough in the ring and passable on the mic to do it.

Strowman is the wild card. WWE hints to building him up as an absolute beast/monster. Is he talented enough to actually be that or not? None of us know.

Agree with this completely.

So, break them up 2 and 2. Have Harper or Strowman be the one leading the break up against him as "they're tired of doing Bray's dirty work when they're better than him to begin with. Or you can break the 3 away from Bray, which opens up other possibilities. Such as Bray recruiting new members, for instance, to his side to expand the 3 on 3 angle.

I 100% agree Rowan is awful and might get released. But if he's so awful, why do we care? He's just another bad part of the product as it stands.

Harper can stand alone. He's talented enough in the ring and passable on the mic to do it.

Strowman is the wild card. WWE hints to building him up as an absolute beast/monster. Is he talented enough to actually be that or not? None of us know.

Because it's kinda soon to break the stable (again).

I wouldn't care much if Rowan were released. I doubt many would. The same could be said for the other two minions. Hell, some people would say the same for Bray. I'm not one of those people, but that's not the point. The point is, what do you do with these guys either way?

The Taker feud was a misstep. How you don't have the only group of 4 in the company in a 4 on 4 Survivor Series match boggles my mind. But, they haven't really taken their next step yet. I feel that they can become something better by Mania. Then, still, if nothing, split them afterward. Maybe have a Bray face turn. Maybe not. Maybe pull an angle where the sheep side with Harper as a new leader and turn on Bray. I'm reaching, but it could happen.

The problem is, when they split, they all can't keep doing the same things. Either Bray evolves beyond them, or they change and become something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back