• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This will be fantastic, I can't wait!!!!

Navi

With the safety off!!
Now usually I don't get all hyped up over house shows because lets face it we all know how the matches usually turn out. But there is one coming up on Sept 25 here in Toronto, which has me in a "can't wait for it" mode.

Usually they keep changing the card as well, and sometimes it's for the worse, but this time they've done a great job. We'll get Cena (ho hum but the kids will love him), Rolilns, Ambrose, New Day, Cesaro, Owens and the best part of all The Dudley's are coming to Toronto.

I've never seen the Dudley's in person and can't wait. Now all the shows here in Toronto are usually "A" shows, but I have a feeling this is going to be one of the better ones. The only thing that would makes this perfect is if we got Lesnar, but that will never happen. So I'm excited, got great seats, and this will be one hell of a rowdy crowd. It's will be fantastic.

Sounds good, I was recently at a house show which had three great matches (Neville vs Finn Balor NXT Championship, Kevin Owens vs Cesaro and Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose for the WHC) I thought the rest of the card was pretty weak, even with a couple of short appearances by HBK, a cool veteran team like the Dudleys would have really added some depth

Usually for the Toronto shows, they trot out all the Canadians. Jericho always makes an appearance, and I think he is at this one. Santino made his retirement speech here, and Nattie and Tyson Kidd always show up. This time doubtful they will come.

As much as I love attending televised events though, some of these house shows depending on the card, can be hugely entertaining. That's what this one is shaping up to be by the looks of things.

With the Dudley's in town, and if Xavier Woods has the trombone, the crowd will go nuts. Always a loud crowd, so hopefully with this card. we'll get a hell of a show. Don't really have much options though. We haven't had a RAW or PPV in forever here.

Yeah Jericho said on his podcast he will be wrestling the Toronto date. Hopefully Cesaro wears the maple leaf armband and does the sharpshooter - that will go over great. Nat might wrestle, Tyson is still injured.

I'm in Australia where we only get the one run of house shows per year, the last tapings here for tv were Monday Nitro / Thunder tapings in '99, WWE did a pay per view live event here in 2002, which was just shown with Australia (The Australian WWA did a few PPV's from memory back in the early 2000's). The live shows are always great though because it's a special occasion

I'm one for one with house shows: been to two here in the UK, one which was brilliant in Belfast, headlined by Edge and Batista for the WHC, with only one poor match, a mercifully short ECW title match between CM Punk and Viscera; and one AWFUL card in London, where pretty much everyone phoned it in, and the had Vladimir Kozlov in the main event (against Triple H). So don't get your hopes up I guess is what I'm saying!

That said, it mystifies me why WWE don't visit Canada for tv more often; I'd love then to host a ppv in Toronto again, a city id love to visit, and if they hosted a ppv I could kill two birds with one stone.

On a (somewhat) related note, I just booked tickets for NXT Takeover @ Wembley Arena (London) this morning; now that I cannot wait for!

Lucky! I live in Ottawa, so I'm bummed out that we're not getting a live event. Usually they just bring SD here some time between May-July, which often confuses me because I'd think they'd do Raw and SD in Toronto and Montreal before they'd do something in Ottawa, but oh well.

If I had nothing to do I'd probably make the trip down, but looks like that won't happen this time.

Boy, I can't wait either. Even if none of the other stuff that's supposed to happen does happen, they'd better not change Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins. Title on the line or not, foregone conclusion or not, I always look forward to those two going one-on-one. Boy, how things change in 7 months. I remember back in February when WWE was here, Ambrose was in a triple threat with Barrett and Ziggler in the opening match, and now it looks like he's going to be in the main event. By the way, Navi, even though it seems like forever, the last time WWE held a RAW here was only in 2013. PPV's I agree with you.

I can see someday Toronto getting a Lesnar appearance, house show, RAW or PPV. I mean come on, they booked him for a Japan show. And I know all you British, Irish, and all other Europeans here are gonna love this. A fairly recent Wrestling Observer thing said that they are considering adding him to a show on the Europe tour in November. But yeah, that looks like a pretty stacked card and I hope you enjoy yourself.

We are going to get a live event early next year after a long fucking period. I can't wait. I'm just stoked for that live event. Meeting wrestlers in person would be quite a fun.

I have never attended a wrestling show. So, just sitting there with the crowd will work up me.

How did the Toronto Show go? I mean how were the matches and crowd reaction?

Actually it went pretty much as planned. It was great. They called it a main roster live event, which I don't really know what that means.

Matches were pretty solid, crowd was rowdy and Jericho and Owens got the pops of the night. Well with the exception of Cena who was against Rollins. Lot's of little Cena's running around.

Toronto crowds are always raucous and never fail to entertain, and don't chant CM Punk or JBL. One of the best matches entertainment wise believe it or not was Los Matadores vs Curtis Axle. We all kind of groaned, but halfway through El Torito's music hit and it turned into a tag match. The comedy aspect was gold and the crowd was into it. They were a hit.

New Day and the Dudley got a huge reaction as well as Ambrose. The worst match of the night though was the one I wanted to see the most, Cesaro and Big Show.

Cesaro spent the entire time trying to get Big Show down, and just couldn't do it. It was over in minutes, a squash if I've ever seen one. Was so disappointed that we didn't get to see a swing.

That's okay the next show is December 30th, and Cena is there again. We have our tickets and can't wait for this one as well.

We are going to get a live event early next year after a long fucking period. I can't wait. I'm just stoked for that live event. Meeting wrestlers in person would be quite a fun.

I have never attended a wrestling show. So, just sitting there with the crowd will work up me.

We get them here every 3-4 months. Used to get RAW once a year but haven't had one in awhile. Toronto has hosted two Wrestlemania's and a couple of other PPV's. We're only an hour or so away from the US border so we're really close to Buffalo New York.

Shame they don't get over your way more often, but you should have a wonderful time. No matter who's there really it's always a fun event, and well worth the money. Take a camera and get lots of pictures, and just have a good time.

So Big Show squashed the Cesaro?
Too Bad booking for Cesaro

Yea kind of knew it was going to happen, had read other Live shows reports before our show and they all pretty much go according to plan. Cesaro put in a good amount of offense, but Big Show is a hard guy to get off his feed.

The Toronto show was not bad.. It was better than the one in May when all they had was Ambrose and Luke Harper main-eventing and the rest were lower mid-card guys... Are you attending the one in December at Ricoh?

The Toronto show was not bad.. It was better than the one in May when all they had was Ambrose and Luke Harper main-eventing and the rest were lower mid-card guys... Are you attending the one in December at Ricoh?

Yea I got my tickets already. Doesn't look like it will be as good as the September show if who they have listed is what they'll go with. But should be a good time, always is. I didn't go to May show in Oshawa. Too far away. I live north of the city and wasn't in the mood to drive out there. We're close to Yonge Street so I drive down and park at the subway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back