This is Why NXT is Consistently Better Than Raw, or Smackdown

HBK89Bill

Pre-Show Stalwart
It took me awhile to acknowledge it. Maybe, you feel differently. If you do, I’d love to have this debate, but for right now. Let’s talk about the fact that I tend to enjoy NXT more than Raw, or Smackdown on a weekly basis. I’m not saying Raw is always terrible. I enjoyed the hell out of Raw last night. The problem is that it isn’t always that way. Sometimes I watch Raw and it is good. Its a pleasure. Other times, it isn’t an enjoyable experience. I watch wrestling with a “you get what you put in” kind of mentality. If you’re into a segment or match, typically you’ll get something out of it. On Raw, I find myself more times than I’d like to admit, zoning off or watching without much enthusiasm. There are less than a handful of matches, or segments that I really get something out of. Smackdown is the same way. They’re filled with twitter mentions, promotional mentions, WWE Network plugs and unlimited commercials that distract from the performances. This basically never happens on NXT. The performances get near one-hundred percent of the attention. This is why NXT is consistently better than Raw, or Smackdown.

There was a report that claimed that Vince McMahon doesn’t watch NXT. A lot of people look at that article and they think, “Wow, no wonder NXT is so good. McMahon’s out of touch philosophy isn’t ruining all that talent.” I think that is unfair, but in a way that is a lot of why NXT is good. There isn’t nearly as much pressure on the talents, and it gives them a chance to breathe and try things in the ring. It’s not like they are unsupervised. Triple H is the man to answer to, but if you’ve ever had multiple bosses, there is a difference between the boss who was in your shoes once and understands more closely than the boss who owns the entire company. Triple H was a wrestler turned COO. That pressure isn’t going to be as intense, and nitpicking performance isn’t going to be nearly as in depth. On paper, that is going to allow talents to have more ability to follow their natural instincts rather than follow strict guidelines. Then you take into account the talent pool that is in NXT right now, and you’ll realize that NXT is a show that does just as much development in an hour than the main roster does in six.

That ability to perform naturally with full attention to what they are doing is what is missing from Raw a lot of the time. Talents can breathe and it gives the viewer time to appreciate what is happening. Raw always seems like it is doing five different things at once, and it puts too much on the viewer. NXT does one thing at a time and it is more fun to watch as a result. I’m not saying Raw can’t trump NXT. It does from time to time, but I find myself waiting for NXT more than Raw every week because I know what I’m getting.

Raw is always up, or down. NXT is consistent because I know I’m getting good Divas wrestling from Charlotte instead of Total Divas recaps and matches just to get them on TV. I know I’m going to get good matches from guys like Zayn, Neville, Kidd or others because they are given time. I never have to worry about NXT being lackluster because it allows me to sit back and enjoy the wrestling. NXT is a nice jog, it isn’t a marathon to rush from story to story to beat the other racers. There are a lot of things I enjoy about Raw and Smackdown every week, but quite often I have to worry about how feuds are building, or why certain things were done the way they were. I never worry about that it NXT. Not because it is perfectly done, but because the pressure doesn’t force me to over analyze it. I get to focus on the performances, the great crowd reactions and the new and fresh talents that have the chance to stretch their muscles because Big Brother isn’t watching them as closely. Eventually, Raw wins out because they tell the big stories, but NXT is what reminds me that wrestling is fun. I love wrestling and whenever Raw or Smackdown fails to remind me, there is NXT. Telling me not to be so serious, just enjoy the ride for once.

http://wrestlingnewsdepot.com/2014/09/this-is-why-nxt-is-consistently-better-than-raw-or-smackdown/

NXT has the advantage of being on the network. That insures no commercials. No hyping the network either; if you're watching NXT Vince already has your $9.99. If Vince can find a company to pay for plugs by the announce team during NXT it will eventually happen, but at least for now it hasn't happened yet.

If Cole, King, JBL could focus on the matches and promos instead of acting like the ShamWow guy, the annoying guy that sells knives on tv at 3 a.m., and Don West then RAW would be much more enjoyable.

It's all just because NXT is run by Triple H (and I guess without any V. McMahon's impact and whatsoever) and RAW is all about V. McMahon..Im looking forward to the time when Triple H gets control over the whole WWE and McMahon will be retired..Maybe it will change a few things.

It's because of a number of things, being in a smaller arena, better fans they know these guys, and HHH is running the show. Having Regal there isn't the worst thing in the world either. He's got one of the best wrestling minds in the business today, and HHH listens to him. Oh and it's always, always about the wrestling. You don't get any of that Bella shit there, the fans wouldn't put up with it, they would be boo'd out of the building.

The arena at Full Sail Uni. has that big look feel, but it's actually quite small and intimate, and the fans really get into the show. That's gotta make for getting better performances out of the wrestlers, who are wrestling in front of a knowledgeable crowd and look like they are having fun doing it.

But the tag team of Regal and HHH are the main reason we are getting great results and matches from the gang at NXT. And yea can't wait till Vince retires as well, and let's HHH take over, then we'll see quite a difference from the product we're getting now. I think some of these NXT guys are ready to come up and shake up the main roster and it will be interesting to see what happens when they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back