• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This is Philadelphia's Time in Sports....

• Thread starter TheMostElectrifyingMan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheMostElectrifyingMan

This is Philadelphia's time in sports and I'll tell you why.....

Philadelphia 76ers:
====== Even though we lack a true superstar, we have several emerging stars. We are even making a playoff push now. Who expected that? Bye Bye Oden, Hello 10-13th overall pick!

Philadelphia Eagles:
====== We have the best QB in the NFC, on the verge of getting Corey Dillion, and will probably draft a LB, S, or WR. We are still the best team in the NFC and the NFC runs through Philly!

Philadelphia Phillies:
===== Ryan Howard, Cole Hamels, Chase Utley and company are gonna take the NL by storm. At least 90 wins for us this year and expect a major playoff push. Mets and Cards are the only teams that scare us but we will handle them with no problems!

Other teams:
===== The Philadelphia Flyers are bad this year but with two first round picks and probably the #1 overall, expect them to be back in a little while. The Soul in the AFL will make an impact and besides that I got nothing.

Any rebuttal?

Not knowing much about any sports other than Soccer and Hockey, I can agree with your statement about the Flyers.

I mean, they had a horrible start to the season, but since trading Forsberg, they've been doing pretty well in comparison. Scottie Upshall has proven himself worthy. With Downie coming into the franchise in the next two years, and with 2 first round picks, hopefully we can pull in a great D-Man, and a proven scorer(Goooo Cheripanov!).

Based on what i've said above, and based on the recent performances of Richards, Upshall, Carter, Cobourn, Biron, and even Gagne, I find it safe to assume that The Flyers will be a MUCH better team next year. Hopefully we can get some hidden Defence-men, a playmaker, and some trade bait for a draft pick. I'm guessing The Flyers will be in a playoff spot in 3 years tops. It's a hard guess to keep, but I believe in change. The Flyers will be the Penguins today of next year

Not knowing Jackshit on Baseball ill ignore that. As to the Eagles they are in the toughest division in the entire NFC, with an improving Giants, A building Cowboys and a potentially good team in the Redskins. So they may end up out of the playoffs. The NFC has a number of good teams that have gone past the Eagles, in the Saints, Da Bears and if they get their asses into gear the Carolina Panthers. But the Eagles will never win the Superbowl, The Fans booed Santa, you never do that and don't expect some devine intervention of some sort, whether by God or Karma.
Onto the NBA, Next year the 76ers will get somewat close but lose in the playoffs.
Onto Ice Hockey, Ill give the flyers about 3 or 4 years to be back to where they have been in the past.

I think this is Cleveland's time in sports.

Indians: One of the best teams in AL

Cavs: Good chance of making it to the Finals

Browns: Should be alot better after a great offseason

Everyone's talking about their cities time in sports. Bullshit, never has a city ever won in more then maybe two sports.

My rebuttal:

Are you high? The Phillies are garbage, the Eagles are garbage, and the rest I don't know much about. Phillies have maybe three really good players and the rest are average---there are about twenty other better teams in the league right now. Phillies won't even win their division.

And the Eagles? Choke artists. The furthest they'll ever get with McNabb is the Super Bowl, which they will always lose. Further more McNabb is so overrated it's ridiculious, what has the guy done? Sure he delivers great stats and he's a damn fine player, but when push comes to shove he never delivers. He was like Peyton Manning until this year when Peyton finally didn't choke for once.

Ahhh damn I'm being too negative again aren't I? Sorry mate, I'm just passionate about sports. Don't mean to offend.

The reason why we're talking about our own teams is cause we watch them alot and keep thinking they will do good soon. I think that Philly's teams are all bad though. The 76ers suck, so do the Phillies. The Eagles were incredibly lucky getting in the playoffs last year. But you have to admit that Cleveland teams don't look to bad now.

True, the Indians look damn good. I'm clueless about basketball so I don't know about the Cavs, don't they have that young guy what's his name---Carmello Anthony or something like that?

But the Browns man? The Browns always have been and always will be a joke. Pretty much the worst team in the history of football aside from maybe the Oilers. They couldn't make it to the playoffs if their lives depended on it.

First off it's LeBron James on the Cavs and they have the 2nd seed in the East playoffs and swept the Wizards in the 1st round. And the Browns were a good team till the 90s. They moved to Baltimore at the end of that and now it's a new Browns that just got Quinn and a much better offensive line and their starting to look good again and I think in a year or two they will win their division. So they have had some bad years and people made fun of them for that but their no joke team that never wins at all. All teams have bad years and it doesn't make sense for people to make fun of a team because their new and don't have any good players yet because they will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back