Third Round - Toronto Region: Hardcore Match - Ultimate Warrior vs. John Cena

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ultimate Warrior

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a Third Round match in the Toronto Region.

Rules: More or less, there are no rules. It is first pinfall or submission to win. Falls count anywhere and there are no count outs or disqualifications.

skydome_light.jpg

Ultimate Warrior

the-Ultimate-Warrior-champion.jpg

Vs.

John Cena

7_john_cena.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Hmmm. I'll be voting Cena here. Kayfabe, he's go much more experience in hardcore matches, and Warrior, for all his resilience, has shown he can be put out by foreign objects, like Macho Man's scepter. Non-kayfabe, Cena matches or beats Warrior in almost every category. He's more mainstream, he's a bigger draw, he's been at the top longer, he won more titles. Vote Cena.

Cena is a shit load more entertaining that simple Warriors finisher was practically considered to John's three tacklers and led drop. Vote for the Dr of Thuganomics or Super Cena just don't vote for the most over rated peice of crap in the world.

As much as i hate both of these wrestlers and think they are both overrated. I have to simply give this one to the ultimate warrior based on his size, strength, and speed. I mean the warriors someone who beat Andre the Giant in freaking 20 seconds!!! 20 freaking seconds! Now i dont even know if the ultimate warriors been in a hardcore match but really its quite simple, give him some brass knuckles and watch him go to work on cena. Do the right thing and vote for the ultimate warrior.

I'm not sure here, Cena has obviously had a lot of experience using weapons, such as beating Edge in TLC in Toronto. But The Ultimate Warrior is tougher, and who's to say swinging a chair is really that hard? It's a tough one so I'll vote later.

Yeah Cena lifted Edge and Big Show on his back that's seven hundred pounds im sure he could do the same to Andre. Plus grab the brass knuckles as Cena choke's him out with a chair for the guy who said that Warrior should win he could win just he wouldn't win.

This is a tough one. Sure, Cena has the experience in hardcore matches, but hardcore matches are the one kind of match where experience means very little. Warrior clearly isn't the brightest, but he'd sure figure out how to swing a weapon pretty quickly.

Now, both these guys are great at inconsistant selling, too. When it comes down to it, Cena wins matches by feeding off the crowd or whatever and making the big comeback. But I think Ultimate Warrior is one of the very few guys that Cena couldn't make a full comeback against. Remember Warrior vs Savage? All the elbows and Warrior didn't stay down. Wrestlemania 12 (I think?) Warrior took a pedigree and got right back up. Cena has made some big comebacks, but none like that. I don't think Cena would be able to keep Warrior down, with or without hardcore rules.

I vote for Cena here. Cena jus has more expriences in titles and he would do anything to win. Edge vs Cena TLC? Umaga Cena I think Revolution? Ultimate warrior is good, but can he survive the hardcore weapons? Dun think so. I go for Cena.

Warrior beat Hogan in the Skydome cleanly over Hogan during Hogan's prime. Cena, being less popular than Hogan was, would be no match for the OWN.

-Warrior wins.

How many hardcore matches has The Ultimate Warrior had? I think like zero, whereas this match has become one of Cena's specialty.

There's absolutely no doubt Cena would crush The Ultimate Warrior in this match. Would Warrior be able to kick out of the F-U and do his whole power up thing? Sure, but would a gorilla press slam and a little splash keep Cena down? Absolutely not, and when Cena kicks out, Warrior's second wind would be gone and Cena would take back over the match once more, finishing Warrior eventually with the STFU. There's no other way this match would go.

Besides, Cena deserves to advance just based off the fact that he's ten times the better wrestler/champion than Warrior ever was.

Voted Warrior simply because both of these guys suck ass. Warrior entertained me more than Cena does, and yea, he kinda beat Hulk Hogan in the Skydome. Who's to say Warrior won't take a pipe to Cena's head and beat him?

Warrior's a nutcase, and it wouldn't shock me at all if Warrior won. Plus I can't stand Cena. He sucks.

Warrior got smashed in the head with a picture frame and then started shaking the ropes. Sounds brutal to me. Can Czena really take out a man that insane?

I voted for The Ultimate Warrior, not because I think he deserves to win, but because the score should be much closer. Warrior is one of the most underrated wrestlers in history. He usually gets shit from people who think he sucks because he didn't do any flips and had big muscles. The most important skill in professional wrestling is to get people to care about your character and your matches, so that they pay money to see you, and that is something that both Warrior and Cena do better than 99.9% of all wrestlers. Warrior had two of the greatest matches of all time at consecutive WrestleMania's. Those matches had fantastic storytelling, and were better than anything that has been done in over a decade, and for this, Warrior must be given credit.

John Cena is the best wrestler in the world, he has been the best for a few years now, and will continue being the best for many more years to come. He is definitely a better all-around wrestler than Warrior, and deserves to win this match. But I just couldn't let this go by without giving Warrior some support.

Voted Cena. He clearly has more experience in Hardcore matches than Ultimate Warrior does. Also, to those that are saying that Ultimate Warrior "took a Pedigree and got right back up" and trying to say that's a reason why he'll win, let's flashback a year ago: Breaking Point (if it was the wrong PPV, then please correct me) vs Randy Orton, "I Quit" match. Cena was handcuffed before eating those Kendo stick strikes that Orton dished out on him followed by an assault by Orton onto the Steel Steps. Cena never said "I Quit" when asked and, in the end, managed to get Orton to say I Quit after locking in the STFU.

Both of these guys can take punishment, but Cena for the win here.

Ultimate Warrior should win this match by a long shot. John Cena has been put down by fairly innocuous activities in the past. The only way people have beaten Warrior is by having their managers intefere, which Cena doesn't have, or by winning by countout, which doesn't apply. His resiliance is unrivalled. Look here, Warrior gets tombstoned, twatted with an urn and then choked out, and he still gets up. There's absolutely nothing Cena could do to keep him down.

This is Cena's match to win, hands down. Anyone that thinks otherwise is living in a dream world.

First of all, Warrior never even came close to being in any type of hardcore match. The closest he came to one was being leveled over the head with a scepter by the Macho Man. And if you all recall, he was knocked out and suffered his first loss as WWE champion. So if he can't survive one scepter shot to the head, how the fuck would he get past the originator of "ruthless aggression", John Cena?

After all, Cena's been in COUNTLESS matches that would be considered hardcore, and came out on top of most of them.

Warrior is completely outmatched and got one of the worst draws that he could have been handed in the gimmick round. Cena wins here, without question.

This is gonna have to be John Cena pretty cleanly, he's very tough to beat in the hardcore matches in general, be it last man standing, I quit, TLC etc. he's been in them, and he's won them.

And as JMT said, Warrior hasn't been in many, if any hardcore matches, he's outside of his element, where as opposed John is basically in his back yard you could go as far as to say.

John Cena is gonna win this one, clean, won't take him too long neither I would think.

John Cena wins.

I love the Warrior and this truly would be a Becker mark out moment. Two of my all time favorites in one match. I'd probably have an accident in my pants before the match even started. Shit, it would probably happen during the entrance.

Anyways, I have to go with Cena. He's the biggest name in wrestling and has been the biggest name in wrestling for a few years. Warriors fame was short lived. Yes he did beat Hogan cleanly. But I don't believe he's ever wrestled in a hardcore match. Cena has. He's wrestled in a lot of gimmick matches and he's won pretty much all of them. Well the single ones. Warrior got knocked out by a few weapons in his career. I don't really remember Cena getting knocked out like the Warrior. The Warrior is great, but Cena's better. Vote Cena...

I'm not a fan of either one of these guys, so I'm not going to waste my time talking about mic skills, in-ring ability, etc. Cena was probably better in every way, minus crowd reaction.

Cena has had the longer, more successful career. Warrior was more than a flash-in-the-pan, but he never turned out to be what they wanted him to be. Cena has been the face of this promotion for quite a few years now, something Warrior was never able to do, regardless of why or why not.

But when it comes to kayfabe, I think people are giving this to Cena far too easily. Yes, Cena has far more experience in this type of match. But the Warrior had cage matches, which I agree, are not as brutal as this match would be. But Warrior is no stranger to violent opponents. Also, Warrior was INSANE! I don't know how you hurt this guy. He was all energy, all of the time. It's hard for me to imagina, A. Warrior tapping out to the STF, or B. Warrior being pinned after an AA. For me, kayfabe goes to Warrior, not sure he can be knocked down and out completely.

But, overall, as much as I hate to do it, I have to give it to Cena. He's done too much for me to just give it to the Warrior, and in a kayface sense, it's not like I believe Warrior would just destroy Cena. It would be a TERRIBLE match, but neither man would wreck the other. Have to vote for Cena...as much as I don't want to.

I'm not overly fond of either one of these guys. However, I think Cena is someone that I could potentially like if he didn't just absolutely pander to the fans so much. I know a face is supposed to do that, but Cena is overkill. I've called the Warrior the most overrated big name of the last 25 years of pro wrestling and I stand by it. The guy never appealed to me even at the age of 7 or 8.

Neither one is ever going to win a best technical wrestler award, no matter who gives it out, but that's not important here. Even Warrior is smart enough to use a steel chair even if he has no real experience in matches in which they're legal to use. Cena has been in tons of gimmick matches in which rules don't apply and, more often than not, he comes out the winner. The Warrior is virtually untested in this type of setting, closest he's come is a cage match I believe, and I just can't make myself vote for him.

I know I know, Warrior is the man that defeated Hulk Hogan at WM VI and all that, but playing that card is only going to take you so far when it comes to going up against certain wrestlers. Unfortunately for Warrior, Cena is one of those few wrestlers. I can't justify voting for the Ultimate Warrior just because he beat Hulk Hogan 20 years ago whereas John Cena is someone with a lot of experience and a good win/loss record in these sorts of matches.

Well, Cena's just a shit version of Hulk Hogan, and Batista's just a shit version of Ultimate Warrior. Warrior beat Hogan clean at Wrestlemania and Batista beat Cena clean at Summerslam, so basically, whatever way you look at it, Warrior beats Hoga. . . I mean Cena.

Cena couldnt even keep Batista down for the 10 count without great improvisation, how's he supposed to do it to a guy that takes a chair shot from Sid Justice and just shakes the ropes like a loony.

Warrior's lack of hardcore experience may hurt him slightly, but then again I think he could grasp the basics of "CHAIR! SMASH! HEAD!! NOT OWN HEAD!! HIS HEAD!!!" This is a guy thats only ever lost because of interference, and even then most times got up afterwards and cleared the ring. Vote Warrior and all that jazz.

Cena wins here. I know it's been brought up before, but it bears repeating: Warrior's first loss came from one, I repeat, one shot to the head from a weapon. If it was that easy then, it won't take much from Cena, who has used chains, chairs, and announce tables among other things in hardcore matches. Cena can and will do a lot more damage than one scepter shot did and will win this match.

This was real easy. John cena has gone toe-to-toe with some of the biggest and powerful men in WWE and he's beaten them all. Cena has had some of his best matches in hardcore-esc matches. The Ultimate warrior has...NO good matches involving the hardcore stimulation. John cena has more talent in his right knuckle than Warrior does in his entire body. No matter what stimulation you give Warrior, He's royally screwed. no way does he do anything except STFU. Vote Cena

I actually like Cena a lot, but went with Warrior here. Firstly, the batshit crazy character is always an entertaining one. Secondly, he beat Hogan in this same very place before. Hogan > Cena. See where I'm going with this?

The "Warrior's never been in a hardcore match" arguments aren't really that valid, as I'm sure he'd do fine here. Really not that hard of a concept to pickup. It appears Cena is going to be moving forward, which I'm fine with, but I'd have thought it'd be much closer.

The "Warrior's never been in a hardcore match" arguments aren't really that valid, as I'm sure he'd do fine here. Really not that hard of a concept to pickup.

For me, It's not a matter of who has the most experience in matches with hardcore elements because, as you and others have said, its not a hard concept to grab a weapon and use it against your opponent.

It's a matter of (Super) Cena has been able to withstand nearly everything that has been thrown at him in past matchesand would have no problem from getting up from whatever Warrior would bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back