Theory as to why Daniel Bryan might win at Fast Lane

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
I couldn't figure why Daniel Bryan was added to the mix concerning who was going to face Brock Lesnar at WM31.

At first, I figured it was Vince McMahon heeding the call of the fans who've been chanting for Daniel. As unusual as that would be for Vince, it might at least explain why he would upset the applecart; the one that clearly held the conviction that Roman Reigns is going to win the world title at WM31.

Then, I believe WWE might have started to worry about Reigns' qualifications to win the title at this early date and were looking for a way to keep him out of WM31 .....and if they needed someone to add to the mix, who better than the ever-popular Goat Boy?

But maybe it's neither of those factors bringing about the change of events that will culminate at tonight's PPV. Maybe it's Brock Lesnar changing his mind and deciding to stay with WWE instead of returning to UFC.

If Brock stays, they might want to keep him as champion, especially if they've deemed Roman Reigns not be ready to ascend to the throne. Presuming that's so....but they still want Roman's stock to keep rising while they get him to the point in which he's worthy of being the world champion, how can they have Brock destroy him at WM31 and peel away all Roman's momentum?

Wouldn't a loss to Brock cost Roman a lot? Even if they go for some half-assed ending to the match, Roman will have failed to fulfill his destiny, no? What does the company do?

Enter Daniel Bryan. He can lose to Brock Lesnar without taking a big momentum hit. He's lost before......and I still can't see him facing a monster like Brock and taking him down.

So, that's my thought; maybe the reason Daniel was added to the mix.....and the reason he might beat Roman Reigns tonight......is because Brock Lesnar has decided to stay.....and perhaps signed a new contract after the Royal Rumble, enabling WWE to keep Roman Reigns away from Brock Lesnar for many months to come.

Of course, if Daniel wins tonight and wins the title from a departing Brock Lesnar at WM31, my theory is shot to hell.

But if Brock is staying......what do you think of the notion they want him to beat Daniel instead of Roman?

It's certainly plausible.

I mean Daniel Bryan can take a loss, still look good and still be over (see 18 second match with Sheamus) and he's fared in worse feuds (see shitty program with Kane after Wrestlemania 30)

Honestly I do feel they're second guessing Reigns because he just doesn't have that much experience under his belt. I mean Big Show is kinda shit, but he's a veteran and you should be able to get something serviceable out of him which is something Reigns hasn't.

I like Reigns but he's had one proper feud with Randy Orton, a few run ins with Seth Rollins, the feud with Big Show and now with Bryan. Plus he was out three months. I wouldn't want to put all my stock in an unproven talent unless I knew he could handle it and unfortunately Reigns needs a bit of work. He needs to be able to do something like a 15 minute match (minimum) and make it look compelling and unfortunately I don't see him doing that. Having a triple threat would lighten the load on him and he could learn from Lesnar (who I'm sure can still do a long good match) and Bryan.

Give him a year and some solid talent to work with and Reigns should be ready by next year.

Though this theory is indeed sound from a certain perspective, there is an integral piece of counter-logic that needs to be stated:

To protect Roman's momentum by avoiding positioning him for a loss to Brock, by removing him from the WrestleMania main event, they would be instead booking him to take a loss to Daniel Bryan on a lesser stage.

Would a loss to a dominant Brock occurring on the highest Mania pedestal really be more damaging to Roman's momentum than a loss at a B-PPV to a smaller plucky underdog who has been portrayed as vulnerable due to recently returning from what was a career threatening neck injury?

Though this theory is indeed sound from a certain perspective, there is an integral piece of counter-logic that needs to be stated:

To protect Roman's momentum by avoiding positioning him for a loss to Brock, by removing him from the WrestleMania main event, they would be instead booking him to take a loss to Daniel Bryan on a lesser stage.

Would a loss to a dominant Brock occurring on the highest Mania pedestal really be more damaging to Roman's momentum than a loss at a B-PPV to a smaller plucky underdog who has been portrayed as vulnerable due to recently returning from what was a career threatening neck injury?

The way things are going now, how much do wins and losses really matter anyways? Roman was unbeaten until his loss to Big Slow compliments a briefcase hit to his back and a chokeslam... I'd say that if Roman were to lose tonight or at Mania, his momentum going up or down would be solely based on his booking thereafter and how much focus is placed on him more than anything.

I couldn't figure why Daniel Bryan was added to the mix concerning who was going to face Brock Lesnar at WM31.

At first, I figured it was Vince McMahon heeding the call of the fans who've been chanting for Daniel. As unusual as that would be for Vince, it might at least explain why he would upset the applecart; the one that clearly held the conviction that Roman Reigns is going to win the world title at WM31.

Then, I believe WWE might have started to worry about Reigns' qualifications to win the title at this early date and were looking for a way to keep him out of WM31 .....and if they needed someone to add to the mix, who better than the ever-popular Goat Boy?

But maybe it's neither of those factors bringing about the change of events that will culminate at tonight's PPV. Maybe it's Brock Lesnar changing his mind and deciding to stay with WWE instead of returning to UFC.

If Brock stays, they might want to keep him as champion, especially if they've deemed Roman Reigns not be ready to ascend to the throne. Presuming that's so....but they still want Roman's stock to keep rising while they get him to the point in which he's worthy of being the world champion, how can they have Brock destroy him at WM31 and peel away all Roman's momentum?

Wouldn't a loss to Brock cost Roman a lot? Even if they go for some half-assed ending to the match, Roman will have failed to fulfill his destiny, no? What does the company do?

Enter Daniel Bryan. He can lose to Brock Lesnar without taking a big momentum hit. He's lost before......and I still can't see him facing a monster like Brock and taking him down.

So, that's my thought; maybe the reason Daniel was added to the mix.....and the reason he might beat Roman Reigns tonight......is because Brock Lesnar has decided to stay.....and perhaps signed a new contract after the Royal Rumble, enabling WWE to keep Roman Reigns away from Brock Lesnar for many months to come.

Of course, if Daniel wins tonight and wins the title from a departing Brock Lesnar at WM31, my theory is shot to hell.

But if Brock is staying......what do you think of the notion they want him to beat Daniel instead of Roman?

In the now apparently forgotten Brock-Roman face-off segment, Roman said he'd defeat Brock and take the belt from him BUT If he couldn't, he'd take a piece of Brock with him. I know that segment and even more likely what was said by Roman will probably be erased but I believe that it gives into the possibility of Brock Lesnar staying post-Mania and thus Roman Reigns could, in an ideal and planned scenario, give Brock the 'fight' of his life, but come up just short. Such a performance would have signified Roman 'taking a piece of' Brock with him.

That said, given fan reactions, your theory could be in the works, though, I'd be surprised if the obvious heel in Brock would stand tall at Mania amidst a booing crowd. No doubt WWE really has to think this over or we could be in for another unsavoury crowd hijacking.

The much rumored Sheamus return I can actually see being to take out Reigns from this match rather than Bryan...

Everyone assumes WWE is looking for a way to get Bryan out of the Mania picture when it's entirely feasible that they are now looking at how Reigns has come along and realised it's not quite the right time for him.

Of course the biggest issue is that they have painted themselves into the corner with a first time Rumble winner seemingly ALWAYS lifting the title at Mania... Only really Shawn has come up short in 1995... it didn't matter he just won it the following year again and lifted the title...

I can see that happening this year with Reigns... Bryan has not only shown he is still as over as before but since he's returned there has been no "tuning up" he is just back to where he was... Reigns is still "tuning up" after his injury... and you now have the wild card of Sheamus returning.

I really think Sheamus causes Bryan to win tonight... either via a DQ which sees him go to Mania or by taking Reigns out... Perhaps they add Sheamus as the wildcard to make it a 4 way match at Mania or they do another dual match scenario with Sheamus facing Reigns to join the 3 way on the night. They can't really do too much else with Bryan than put him straight in there now... it's clear he's further along than Reigns is even without the Rumble win... Roman having to beat Sheamus on the night and do what Bryan did last year would be an interesting wrinkle on the match... can Bryan do it WITHOUT that added pressure?

I think Bryan have no chance to win tonight and this match was made to simply sell the PPV to smarks.
HHH clearly understands what "reality era" means, WWE have Youtube, facebook and twitter accounts, may as well start working news sites to sell more tickets.
On paper this match looks like a standard filler for RR winner on his way to WM, all these opinions and big hopes for some surprise base solely on rumors that Vince changed his mind, but did he really? Many times you read some "near future plans" and then, when nothing happens, you read that "Vince changed his mind 5 minutes prior to the show".

Anyway, soon we will know what in store for Reigns and what in store for Bryan.
I just hope this is not Bryan vs Sheamus feud, let him fight Ziggler in 25 minutes match at Mania, this PPV need more good matches.

I can see Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar. Easily. He could outwrestle Lesnar with his eyes closed. It's Roman Reigns beating Brock Lesnar that's impossible for me to reconcile with reality. A wrestler outwrestling Lesnar is easy to believe. A random tall guy outFIGHTING Brock Lesnar is not. I don't like the word "believable" being thrown around in regards to WWE, but this is one case where it works. Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar is believable. Roman Reigns beating Brock Lesnar is not.

There is no way in WWE's PG Era of Social Media that they would risk #Lesbryan to trend on Twitter.

Thanks I'll be here all night, don't forget to tip your masseuse.

I have no idea who is going to win. I do agree that Bryan could take the Mania main event loss better than Reigns. If anything, another Mania loss may help Bryan's popularity. But nothing would surprise me tonight. And not just because I won't be watching but also because it seems as likely that Rollins interferes in the main event along with the rest of The Authority as it does that Bryan or Reigns will have a decisive win.

In regard to Lesnar's exit I also have no idea what to believe. I find it hard to believe WWE is throwing more money at him but I also find it hard to believe the guy really wants to go back to the UFC. He looks great and moves well but why live that life again and risk so much of your health if you decided years ago not to do it anymore?

If Roman Reigns is not in the main event of WM31, kiss him goodbye. It will be very very hard to turn him back around. His momentum will be gone and he doesn't have enough to lose and stay hot. He would literally need to destroy the entire roster until he gets back to the title.

With that said, if its Brock vs Bryan....that means Brock is staying. Bryan won't beat Brock Lesnar. Short term it won't hurt, long term it will cripple them.

I can see Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar. Easily. He could outwrestle Lesnar with his eyes closed. It's Roman Reigns beating Brock Lesnar that's impossible for me to reconcile with reality. A wrestler outwrestling Lesnar is easy to believe. A random tall guy outFIGHTING Brock Lesnar is not. I don't like the word "believable" being thrown around in regards to WWE, but this is one case where it works. Daniel Bryan beating Brock Lesnar is believable. Roman Reigns beating Brock Lesnar is not.

It makes zero sense for anyone to outwrestle Brock mostly because he is one of the best legit wrestlers in the world. No one ever outwrestled Kurt Angle....ever. So no, with his eyes closed Bryan is fucked. With his eyes open, he's fucked lol.

They have built Brock up as an NCAA Champion and UFC Champion...a grappling and fighting machine. Only someone who can match power can beat him, that's how he is being built right now. They scapegoated his loses to Cena and HHH by bringing up his real life disease and that he is only now 100%

Quite honestly they've come this far with Reigns I think they have to let him go all the way. Win or lose, it's up to him to deliver what is expected of him.

If the WWE is waffling on him at this point, then they're idiots. They've watched his progression as a singles wrestler since the Shield break up, and watched the fans reaction to him begin to go south. During all that time, they never wavered, and continued to push him to the moon. Even when he won the Rumble they had the Rock in wait to try and deflect the heat. It didn't work, but if they don't let him stay the course, it will take away any momentum he's built.

Daniel Bryan can take a lose tonight, and he can take a lose at Mania if that happens, Reigns cannot. He's been put in the hot seat and now he has to show his fans that he is capable of what is being asked of him.

With that said, if its Brock vs Bryan....that means Brock is staying. Bryan won't beat Brock Lesnar. Short term it won't hurt, long term it will cripple them.

Other way around. Brock Lesnar beating Daniel Bryan would hurt WWE long-term. There's nothing but positives to Bryan beating Lesnar.

Roman Reigns is headlining WrestleMania one way or another.. Bryan is not winning, there's no chance. If anything it will end with no winner and it's made a triple threat at Mania with Lesnar pinning Bryan.. They've invested far too much into Roman Reigns to take him out of the main-event now. Reigns is likely winning at WrestleMania whether Lesnar stays or not.. Lesnar's dominance is to put some one over at the end, and there's no bigger stage for that to happen than WrestleMania.. I don't see why WWE would keep the title on him past Mania.

after reading this post one thing is clear. U guys dont have any idea about wwe and wrestling. WWE create a superstar in a long time basis in their owm vault. Best example is punk. Wwe make a wrestler to their top star but when they exits the company then all their efforts are waste. only that wrestler is benefit from that. So they pick their own wrestler who doesnt have any other wrestling company background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back