Their Wrestlemania moment....John Cena

An Angry Blonde

Occasional Pre-Show
First and Foremost I want to dedicate this to the Brain, who reminded me about this series.

Every week(or so) leading up to wrestlemania, I will give you a WWE superstar and you will discuss several things about him.Oh and feel free to add any other questions you may to talk about in your response, but make sure it relates to (**Insert Name here**) and Wrestlemania...

Now this weeks topic is The Chain Gang Commander, John Cena!
He has had plently of Wrestlemania matches over the years, so this SHOULD give you more choices to pick from...

So lets get to it,Shall we?

#1) Greatest WreslteMania moment?

#2) Greatest Wresltemania Entrance?

#3) The Greatest WrestleMania match?

#4) Greatest WrestleMaina hype/build up?

I will add my two cents this time, so here are my picks.

#2)His WM 22 and 23 entrance tie as his best entrance at WM.

#3)Wrestlemania 23. Is it even possible to have a bad match with HBK?

#4)Wrestlemania 24 and 26 tie for as best build up.With batitsa being booked as a unstoppable force, with cena using "shady" methods to win his matches, I thought Cena was going to get his ass kicked by batista at Wrestlemania.
Well those are my picks, now tell me yours.....

Oh and 1 more thing.....

DO NOT FUCK UP MY THREAD WITH ANTI CENA ANSWERS(And by this I mean 'Cena never had a good match' or John cena sucks'), LEAVE THOSE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are entilted to your opinion, but don't let your personal feelings about cena"the performer" bias your answers....

Thank you and Good Night....

Next Weeks Topic:
Stone Cold Steven austin....

1) John Cena's greatest WM moment has to be making Triple H tap out and retaining the WWE Championship. While beating JBL was his first World Championship, it was just JBL. Making Triple H tap out at WrestleMania for the title is a big deal, if we didn't know Cena was THE man before, after that, we knew he was going to be a major player for a long time. Definately WM22.

2) I'm going to go with WM 25. Having his old theme song playing and hearing it and seeing all the John Cena's walk out was awesome. I think much more of a mark out moment than his WM 22 entrance. Edge and Big Show's face was awesome too when they saw it. The crowd loved it too.

3) Definately WM23 with HBK. My friend and I were on the edge of our seats, cheering hard for Shawn Michaels but even though he didn't win, we couldn't deny Cena really took it to HBK and had a great match. Making HBK tap out after HHH the year before made it that much more of an awesome Cena moment.

4) Yeah, going to go with WM26. It was a story which made a lot of sense, Batista having a grudge against Cena for being THE man after 2005, despite Batista winning the rumble and being THE main event at WrestleMania 21. Not so much under dog but we knew John Cena was in for a tough night against the animal as Batista had beaten him before at SummerSlam.

You thought Batista was going to beat Cena's ass come Mania?

Well the storyline worked, thou I believed Cena would win come Mania that was the story of the feud, how Cena hadn't pinned Batista so Mania 26 was the best place for that to happen.

My favorite Cena entrance was Mania 22 (it was gnarly no matter how you looked at it)

My favorite Cena match was Mania 20 Vs Big Show, this feud started at Survivor Series 2003 and had good build up and Cena pinned Show a few times in the interim so you thought come Mania Cena was booked strong but WWE could pull the swerve.

Mania 26 was the best build as you generally believed Cena could loose even thou it was unlikely.

Favorite moment, probably his FU on the big show at Mania20.

I'm gonna have to go with Wrestlemania when John Cena defeated JBL to win his first world title b/c if you look at it Cena pretty much cemented himself as a main eventer and from there he's only gotten better pretty much

favourite match against heartbreak kid shawn micheals, i truely enjoyed watching this match

my favourtie john cena wrestlemania moment was when he fu the big show
at wrestlemania 20

favourite enterance cena was wrestlemania 25 with all the john cenas along the sides

This had to be his first title match at Wrestlemania XX agfainst the big show and show casing his strength when he lifted the big man up for the first time in the FU oopps AA.
WRESTLEMANIA 26 TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS this by far was the greatest however I am biased on this one since I am in the miitary second in my list was WRESTLEMANIA 23 driving that Mustang into the arena.
WRESTLEMANIA 22 when he faced both Edge and Show at 25th anniversary show this by far was his toughest match to date
The build up with the showstopper him self and how they ended up holding the tag belts for a few weeks while trying to one ups manship each other the whole time. until Shawn superkicked John out of the ring during an elimination match for the tag belts.

I’m glad to see you resurrected this series. I think it’s a good one especially since we are now on the road to WrestleMania. I’m going to agree with Richard on a lot of this but I’ll post my own thoughts anyway.

I’m going to group Cena’s greatest match and moment into one. I’d say his greatest match was against Triple H at WM 22. This felt like a classic mania main event. I was there and I felt the crowd really added a lot to the match. This was when the Cena hate was at its highest and the crowd was very much behind the heel Triple H. The fans made this an exciting match from bell to bell. Cena’s greatest moment came at the end of this match when he made Triple H tap out. A lot of people were genuinely shocked when Triple H tapped. Pardon the cliché, but it was the symbolic passing of the torch. I know a lot of people like the match against HBK at WM23 and while it was a good match I don’t think it was an HBK classic. It didn’t have the same big match feel the WM22 match had. WM22 really could have gone either way. I really didn’t know who would win. That added a lot to the match for me.

I’d say Cena’s greatest entrance was at WM25. It was cool to briefly hear Cena’s old music and seeing the long aisle full of Cenas was a unique sight.

The greatest build definitely goes to WM26. I loved the build for this match.

[YOUTUBE]iKyh_yxdB18&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That really says it all right there. The beauty of it all is everything Batista said is true. It’s great when a story like this naturally unfolds.

#1) Greatest WreslteMania moment? For me, it was when he made HHH tap out at WM22. It had been about a year since his first title win, and he wasn't Super Cena yet. I'll admit, I thought HHH would walk out as champion. But to see Cena submit him was amazing. To me, that's when his stardom started.

#2) Greatest Wresltemania Entrance? This is a hard one. They've all been pretty good. I'm going to go with WM 22 again. The gangster entrance (CM Punk was one of the gang members btw) fit the Chicago arena. One disappointing entrance though was WM24. I'm a music major, and whatever band they recruited to play his music was utterly SHIT. They were extremely off key. It was horrible. Next time get a real university band, not a shit university band.

#3) The Greatest WrestleMania match? This is a 3-way tie to me. 22, 23, and 26 were all great matches.

#4) Greatest WrestleMaina hype/build up? I'm torn on this question too. I really liked his program with JBL. The whole "I'm not touching you!" scene was hilarious. But his build up with HHH was also amazing. All of them really. Shit. Except for his build up for WM25.

Call me a Cena mark, I don't care. I'm a fan of his, and he rarely puts on a poor WM performance. He's entertaining (he slowed down as Super Cena, but he's catching back up) and is the perfect WM superstar at the moment.

In MY view, it's Wreslemania 21 and he's the reasons why. ONE, his first WWE title match, 2nd on this first title match he wins it. 3rd, during this time the fans were all behind Cena. Sure JBL isnt as big a win as Triple H, but this win gave Cena his first WWE title reign and the crowd was behind him. Beating Triple H is a close 2nd though because of who he beat.
either the one with all the Cena's at (i think) WM25 or WM23 where he drove the nice mustang in the arena
Shawn Michaels vs. Cena was awesome. Michaels is a great wrestler and is the show stopper for a reason and they put on a great match that night.
i go to the last Wrestlemania match as the one with the biggest build up. Batista vs. Cena was a rare match that only happened once and it was for the WWE title and Batista was playing a great heel role and i liked how he kept saying that whenever Cena gets in the ring with him that bad things happen to Cena.

it has to be WM21 and Winning the WWE title. yes being HBK and HHH at mania is huge, but nothing can beat winning the WWE title, especially for the first time at mania.

WM25 with all the Cena clones was neat. The expressions on Big Show and Edge's face made it that much better.

WM23 with HBK. Yes his WM22 match with HHH was really good, but HBK just makes everything that much better

I personally believe the build to WM26 may be the best build Cena has had in any fued he has been in. The way he and batista played off each other was excellent.

For me it was his rap at Mania 19. Until that point he, to me at least, seemed to be a white boy being Vanilla Ice. But, for a new comer, he showed poise and charisma on the mike and that he had the tools (in the areas that matter the most) to become a player on the biggest stage.

Mania 22, because I'm a sucker for a cool car and gangsters

I'd pick against Batista because, at that point, I didn't think Batista gave two shits anymore and Cena isn't known for being able to carry anyone but, I was rather pleased with the match. It's easy to have good matches with talented vets like HBK and HHH, but it's more impressive, to me at least, to have a good match with your equal level of not the best wrestler type bloke.

Gotta be against Batista again, but I'd give most of the credit here to Big Dave as he had sure as hell nailed his "I'm better then this shit" character (makes you wonder who'd have been the bigger name if Batista had shown that kind of personality when they both started their big pushes)

His Wrestlemania 22 win. A lot of people expected & wanted HHH to win that night, the looks on everybodies faces & their reaction when he won was just awesome. Anytime you see a guy retain the WWE Title in the last match of Wrestlemania, you know he's made it despite what people say.

#2) Greatest Wresltemania Entrance?WM 25. Just the camera's shot from behind when Cena runs down the ramp in the middle of all the Cena lookalikes made this an epic entrance alone.

WM 23. I can't actually remember what happened in the match except for the finish but unlike most times, his STFU was actually believable when he dropped to the side of Shawn so it made it hard for him to escape. It made it look like he really wanted to win. Plus Shawn can pull a good match out of anyone.

#4) Greatest WrestleMaina hype/build up?WM 24. There was just emotions & shockers behind this one. Nobody expected Cena to make a return to WWE so early & win the Rumble then go onto cash in his WM shot at No Way Out. Showed how desperate he was to win the WWE Title. Never seen that before.

Ermm.. I would have to go with making HHH tap out, this wasn't the best match of his career, but it lifted him more than he was by making a top dog tap out..

Proabably 23 when he came out in the Mustang or 25 when he had all them Cena's giving him way to the ring..

HBK, It has to be his best, it was against Mr. WrestleMania..

I might have to go with JBL, it was along build, and Cena had been put down a lot of Smackdown before finally having this 'crap' match and winning his first World title..
Another mention is the Batista build.. it was hilarious at times..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back