The Zayne/Owens contract signing was practically perfect

Seriously, the best "story segment" so far this year in WWE. Loved the subverting the trope of "signing that ends up in brawl", it progressed the story-line furthering Owen's character and explaining his motivation in an organic way, It had a great mic performance by both wrestlers, it was genuinely tense and as a cherry on top the "Sign Owens Sign" chant made me laugh out loud.

Really cool segment, especially for the story-light NXT.

You mean the best story segment in all four weeks of the year so far??? By no means am I saying that it wasn't great, but the year has barely started.

The brilliant thing about it was the attention to detail. For the WWE to kind of slide in that it will be a non-title match and then have that be central in the contract signing was perfect.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am a newb when it comes to NXT and only started watching recently, as I had heard so many good things about the content and its wrestlers. Specifically Zayn and Owens. This contract signing was so well done by all involved. I am a loyal WWE fan and have been for several years. I can honestly say that I have not seen anything that engrossing on WWE tv for quite some time. These two, if kept on the right path and allowed to flourish, could be huge once they get called up. I also am very high on Baron Corbin and Finn Balor. I am not a Vince McMahon hater by any stretch, but I worry about a lot of these men and women once Vince is handling them. HHH has done a brilliant job with NXT. This promo was pluperfect. I cannot wait to see more of them. This makes the Network easily worth my ten dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back