• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The XBOX One Thread: All Hail Master Chief

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
Just ordered the Master Chief Collection bundle for the XBOX One. I know there are some XBOX One gamers on here and I'd like to know who they are. Hope this doesn't bring out the PS4 fan boys and a war breaks out :p Hell, if someone makes a PS4 thread, I'd be interested in checking that out as well.

But anyway, XBOX One or XBOX 360 gamers, where you at? Feel free to post your gamer tags too. What games are you currently playing? What game are you most excited about? Discuss.

I'm not sure if the MCC's multiplayer is still fundamentally broken - probably - but it certainly was for months and months after launch. If the single player works alright, those are still some classic games, though I already own them all.

I have Xbox One and 360. I just played the Xbox One last night for the first time in over a year. I just picked up Mortal Kombat X. I also have Battlefield 4 and MCC as well.

I think the MCC multiplayer is fixed right now. Tried it on my friend's One last week and everything seemed fine. Can't wait to play MCC online but the campaigns are pretty awesome as well. Hopefully Halo 5 has no problems with it when it releases in October.

Staying away from Mortal Kombat or any games like it simply because I'm not a fan of those types of games. Heard very good things about the Battlefield 4 multiplayer as well. So the games included in the bundle I purchased is the MCC, Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag then I purchased CoD: Advanced Warefare and Battlefield 4 for cheap.

What are your gamertags?

I'm still only on the 360 unfortunately. I haven't really seen anything on the Xbox One (or PS4 for that matter) that really justifies the purchase of a console. Can't be asked to buy an entire console for one or two games

Anyways my gamertag is Alex Great123 and right at the mo I'm playing Metal Gear Rising and be moving onto Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge and Ninja Gaiden Z. I might go buy Wolfenstein The New Blood as well at some point.

Hmm, here's hoping this thread gets more traffic.

A lot has changed for Microsoft and the XBOX since the last post in this thread. We've got backwards compatibility, Windows 10 streaming capability, and more games that are soon to come out. Really, it's a great time to be a gamer. Not talking about only XBOX gamers but gamers in general. What game are you looking forward to the most? Or what game are you currently playing?

The only exclusive game I currently want for the xBox is the rare collection. Cuphead a close second.

Qft. 343 has one fucking game, and they blew it. Not sure why I should be excited for Halo 5, when it takes 30 minutes to find a game for MCC.

They have two if you count Halo 4, which is literally the worst Halo in the franchise. I bought both of those games and instantly regretted both buys, I used to be the biggest Halo fan but 343 isn't getting a single cent from me again.

I feel bad for 343i but, to be frank, Halo 4 jettisoned a lot of Halo's fundamental characteristics in a bid to make it more like Call of Duty, both in terms of basic game design and how its online component was structured. It wasn't a bad game but, despite being the best looking, it was the definite lowlight of the series.

Then comes the Master Chief Collection and it turns out they can't even rerelease Bungie's games properly.

Meanwhile, Destiny - Bungie's new property - was the biggest load of shite I've ever played. It's just like Halo? If only. It's like Call of Duty smashed together with Borderlands with a Halo skin.

We'll see if Halo 5 delivers, which I find, sadly, to be unlikely.

I feel bad for 343i but, to be frank, Halo 4 jettisoned a lot of Halo's fundamental characteristics in a bid to make it more like Call of Duty, both in terms of basic game design and how its online component was structured. It wasn't a bad game but, despite being the best looking, it was the definite lowlight of the series.

Then comes the Master Chief Collection and it turns out they can't even rerelease Bungie's games properly.

Meanwhile, Destiny - Bungie's new property - was the biggest load of shite I've ever played. It's just like Halo? If only. It's like Call of Duty smashed together with Borderlands with a Halo skin.

We'll see if Halo 5 delivers, which I find, sadly, to be unlikely.

Honestly, I do enjoy the RPG-esque approach Call of Duty has with levels, and gear and weapons you can modify and upgrade to fit your playstyle, but Halo in all of it's previous incarnations wasn't anything like that. The entire nucleus of Halo (except for Reach) was about how well you can play and how well you knew the map and the layouts. There was no need for armor abilities, or specialized loadouts.

At least for me, it was like the developers of Pac-Man saw how profitable the Mario franchise was, and saw that a lot of people were having fun playing as a plumber who stomped on turtles and decided "Pac-Man 2" should have Pac-Man have the ability to jump and shoot fireballs at enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back