The WWE Series: 5) Drew McIntyre

What kind of investment has Drew McIntyre been?

• Positive

• Negative

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
What kind of investment has Drew McIntyre been for the WWE so far? Positive, neutral, or negative?

As requested by Dolph Ziggler (though rather rudely).

Also, the reason I'm making these so fast is I've got 16 days til I go to college, so I wanna get as many done as possible for you guys.

Now, Drew McIntyre is not doing so hot. He's a jobber, essentially. Thanks, Tiffany. McIntyre has huge potential, but the WWE has buried him. I have to vote negative here, but I do think this could change if the WWE will push him. I think that McIntyre is currently a huge bust, but if McMahon would give him a shot, he could be a top heel.

Thoughts? Requests? Like this thread? Post :)

And I'll be doing one more of these later tonight, watch for it.

This is a negative, but kind of like being a champion loosing a thriple threat match without getting pinned, let me explain, he was doing so good, and i thought that by now he would probably at least be the WHC, but something that wasn't even his fault went wrong and now he is in the doghouse, like you said, he should thank Tiffany for that, and now, he's barely having a match here and there, unless he somehow gets another oportunty to shine, he should just quit and go somewhere else, that's his only option so far........

How much money do you think Drew McIntyre has made WWE over the last three years? Has he helped sell a single ticket? When was his last important match? Feuding with John Morrison over the IC title? Being the sixth guy in that one Elimination Chamber match? Drew is, and has been for some time, a complete non-entity in the WWE landscape. Jack Swagger is a considerably more important figure in WWE than Drew McIntyre. And spare me on the Tiffany thing - he'd been jobbing for months by that point. I'd have to rate Drew McIntyre an overwhelming NEGATIVE based on the fact that WWE has paid him any money at all.

First thought here: Maybe you should span out your threads a bit. Like, once a week do a WWE Series thing. Just a suggestion.

Drew is largely a negative at this point in his career. Very promising, young upstart guy with a great aggressive in-ring presence. If you told me 2-3 years ago he'd be jobbing every week, I'd laugh at you. He seemed destined for greatness. He had the approval stamp from the Chairman of the company as part of his character. He was working Elimination Chambers and in high profile feuds with big name talent, as well as the authority figure of his respective brand.

2-3 years though is a long way to fall for a man who was in the position that a guy like Dolph Ziggler is in now. A cusp main eventer with television time every week. I do however think he can turn it all around. A face turn isn't the way to do it either. Turning someone doesn't always HELP their career in an impactful way. Booking them to look strong, giving them television time, and putting them over does. Getting Drew back on the aggressive side of his character is the way to do it. I'm not sure what's going on backstage, if he's in the midst of a political dog housing, if this is simply a test for him, or if there are other extenuating circumstances, but there's a reason he hasn't been let go yet. It's because he has the potential to be a main event guy. He reminds me of a young Triple H. He just needs the right storyline/angle/push to get him up there. I think in a year or two, we'll be looking at this thread and be thinking "Wow, he's certainly come a long way from that."

I'm gonna go with Neutral.

Yes, I know he's not doing so hot right now, but he's still a former US & Tag team champion. He's also been having some really good matches on Superstars lately. And if he would be given a chance I firmly believe he could be great again. I still expect big things for him.

Neutral. He had a great run as Intercontinental Champion and has put on some really good matches, but WWE just refuses to give the guy a push. I have no idea if he's STILL being punished for the Tiffany thing or what, but if he doesn't get a push soon, he'll likely ask for his release.

Out of all the series that you've given us, this is the first time I'm going to say no (with the exception of Damien Sandow being neutral to the company). Drew McIntyre has been a negative investment to the WWE so far.

he's still a former US & Tag team champion

Just double-checked his WWE Career Highlights; he was never United States Champion.

He was first introduced to the WWE as Mr. McMahon's "Chosen One", which promised something big out of him. Then he went on to win the Intercontinental Championship. I personally enjoyed his feud with Matt Hardy for the title. After losing the IC Title, he started jobbing. He was pushed again when he won the WWE Tag Team Championships with Cody Rhodes. After losing the WWE Tag Titles, he started jobbing again. He never picked up steam ever since.

I'm actually surprised that the WWE hasn't fired him yet.

He probably has been one of the biggest flops in the past few years, he hasn't done anything great or important in anyone's eyes. He may be good in the ring but he is a boring character, no charisma, and can't get any crowd behind him. He has been a negative throughout most of his career so far and I'm sure is on the chopping block for being Future Endeavored in the next year or two because he is as of right now he is a waste of money and really doesn't do anything of importance.

I'm not really sure the actual investment they've put into him, but I know if they're paying him like an IC Champ then he's worth twice as much. My last McIntyre experience was him being run over by Khali in 8 seconds (mid-March, maybe...? I've missed some wrasslin lately...).

What a waste of talent. I'm going to go neutral because he hasn't taken off like he should of but it wasn't his fault. McIntyre, thus far, has gotten the Joan Collins Special [screwed] and one can only pray he gets another look.

Neutral. My vote is neutral.

P.s. whoever negative rep'd you for your series has an itty bitty dick. Good looks, brother.

The answer is so OBVIOUSLY negative.
However, the question is Why?
I enjoyed his in ring work, promo work was not terrible...and I enjoyed him as a Heel and could enjoy him as a Face too. I just dont understand what happened? He has a future if he is given an oppertunity.

The Tiffany incident should not be a factor in his career...but it apparently has and its just terrible.
(It was Tiffany wasnt it? I'm not getting her mixed up with another Ex-diva?)

I am going with neutral on this one just because he did enjoy some success as IC and tag champ. Other than that he hasn't done much. Not sure why they refuse to push him. When he got the endorsement from Vince I thought for sure he was a future WWE champion. Now I am not even sure why they keep him around given that he is barley used. I would like to see what he could do with a good solid push.

I don’t think it’s his entire fault. But the WWE will force your hand to see how loyal you are. And needless to say what happens if shit hits the fan. But to be honest it’s not like he is hurting the WWE with his jobbing just his career. But all honestly I didn’t think he was that great and I didn’t like his finisher. I would have preferred if he had the inverted DDT or the regular DDT.

I voted neutral.

I have thought McIntyre was great ever since I saw him inside the Elimination Chamber and he was really given some time to work. He did GREAT!

I never could figure out why he fell off of the "planet". Even though I hear it was because of Tiffany, which doesn't suprise me. Ken Doane & Mickie, Jo-Mo & Melina, etc. Guys in WWE that actually have feelings for the girls always seem to lose their job and become pointless.

Unlike a guy like Swagger that was given the MitB/World title and I believe pretty much reached his potential, I think McItyre still has ALOT to give to WWE.

Only problem is does anyone care enough to give him a second chance?

Note: Is it just me or is it ironic how hard WWE pushes their awful movies, big stars like Sheamus & Cena, or push certain guys like Tensai that almost everyone is negative on(not in that good heel way) but yet WWE hardly gives certain guys an initial chance, let alone a 2nd chance?!?!

Drew is the definition of wasted potential, he looks like randy orton and triple h combined and he is one of the best in ring workers ever, and his theme is easily the best on the wwe atm, and his charisma is off the charts i hope he get's pushed soon, he looks he works he should be the wwe champion

This one was a tough call. I ended up going with neutral. As much as I like McIntyre, I cannot call him a positive investment. WWE failed in going through with his push and due to reasons we might never know, haven't restarted it. He's done better than some, having won both the Intercontinental Championship and the Tag Team Championship. His "Chosen One" push should have taken him to the World Heavyweight Championship and I stand by that statement.

I can see why some might think he was a negative investment. He's going nowhere and has been for a while. The potential is still there though, he just needs pushing and proper booking. Re-start the "Chosen One" angle, have him completely destroy people with Vince or Trips backing him onscreen and everything. Bring back the longer version of his entrance theme. That aside.... This isn't the same as guys like Swagger who can be argued to be very negative investments. Drew may have been de-pushed due to the fight with Tiffany or whatever reason, but he hadn't made it far enough for the de-push to have killed his career. The potential had always been there so if they just book him properly, he can and will be a huge success. They can even re-start it much like last time, have him attack Brodus as he dances, saying the party's over. Feud follows, Drew wins, and re-enters his Chosen One angle.

I like McIntyre, but it's hard to see how he ever lives up to his 'Chosen One' status. Which is a shame, because I liked the idea of a storyline where VKM handpicked someone on the screen as the chosen one to one day be a world champion.

Lacks charisma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back