The WWE Off Season Issue: The Pro's And Con's

Obviously, the financial loss for the WWE would be massive as well as the fact that we would have to cope with a month (even more) without the WWE which would be very annoying.
The possibility of Wrestlers prolonging their career and their well-being improving is a very good prospect. If a break meant that these wrestlers would be safer is a huge reward.
Simply for the reason that I wouldn't enjoy a long gap of wresting means I am against it.

Why couldn't they have a two or three week off-season around Christmas-New Year?

What WWE can do is have Christmas week off, and show the "Raw Tribute To The Troops" show then. Since they have filmed it earlier, the superstars don't actually have to wrestle that week, but it keeps WWE on TV.

The next week (New Year's), you show the "Year In Review Special". Have a highlights show of the most memorable moments from "Raw" and "Smackdown" from that year.

Doing this will allow WWE to still have shows, but it gives everyone a break too. It is only a couple of weeks.

Besides, everything shuts down around Christmas-New Year. People aren't going to buy tickets to wrestling shows, when they are buying Christmas presents for all their family. I don't think that they would make much money during those couple of weeks anyway.

Then return the next week, and start building for the Royal Rumble.

Between "TLC-Tables, Ladders & Chairs" and "Royal Rumble" there are usually SEVEN episodes of "Raw". That's too many for a PPV which effectively ends up having four matches, so you end up getting a lot of rubbish. Why not do the above suggestion, rest everyone for a couple of weeks, then you only need to build "Royal Rumble" over 4-5 weeks instead (which is the normal build to a PPV).

I look at it similar to Boxing and MMA. this isnt a bracket, all roads lead to one specific title for the year like basketball, football, etc. the Knicks couldnt have a good lil run and just call out the Mavs to challenge for the NBA Championship anytime. the man with the title carries it for as long has he successfully defends. so i say as long as u got a title u cant a break. in Boxing and MMA where if u got a title, u ONLY compete in title defenses (usually on major stages) but WWE can't give Punk Mayweather or GSP money for one ppv match. sry if i'm rambling on but just doin a compare and contrast. in short tho give the superstars vaction days to use inbetween storylines or if u NEED em on screen just let em cut a strong promo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back