• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestling Wars Podcast with NorCal, KB and Ty Burna

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
So the other day NorCal said he was tired of wrestling podcasts that sucked and he wanted to do it right. A few of the All-Stars said they agreed and within about two hours, a plan was made.

Starting tomorrow night, NorCal will be hosting a podcast with a regular cast of guests, including myself and Ty Burna as the main two regulars (me one week, Ty the next) and then a third week with a different guest from the forums, then it's back to me, then Ty etc. Each show will be divided into two parts, with the first half being about the week in wrestling and the second being on whatever the featured guest's strength may be, such as wrestling in my case, music for Ty, history for Barbosa etc.

NorCal and I just got done with our first test run and everything went well. He's already set up a site for the show and is looking into getting up loaded onto iTunes. The show is likely going to be every week or every other week depending on his schedule but it's going to be the best show you've heard because, well, look at the cast.

The first full show, featuring myself as the guest, will be recorded tomorrow night and uploaded hopefully within the next 24 hours. Come check us out. You know you want to.

The solution to sucky wrestling podcasts is to add another sucky one? :D

Can't help it if 90% of the wrestling fans just rage about the product and are salty that WWE is the top dog all the time. Compare to podcasts of other genres where the fans actually like what they are discussing, wrestling podcasts are hard to listen to.

Going to be interesting for sure - might give it a listen, particularly when Barbosa comes on as I'm beginning to develop an interest in ancient history...

The solution to sucky wrestling podcasts is to add another sucky one? :D

Can't help it if 90% of the wrestling fans just rage about the product and are salty that WWE is the top dog all the time. Compare to podcasts of other genres where the fans actually like what they are discussing, wrestling podcasts are hard to listen to.

Its not even in reference to the fan made podcasts.

Its in reference to the so called "professionals" who get paid for this shit who cant even remember the names of segments or matches that they are using to illustrate their point, or that cant recall a match that took place ON PPV TWO FUCKING WEEKS AGO.

I know I can do a better job, and I will.

Going to be interesting for sure - might give it a listen, particularly when Barbosa comes on as I'm beginning to develop an interest in ancient history...

Yea, there is gonna be a bit of effort put into what exactly we could cover.

Sort of a lot of material out there.

If you ever do a podcast focusing on old school I'd be down for that. As far as current stuff goes I'm pretty much limited to RAW only. So the podcast might be more accessible to get a better view about what's going on.

Its in reference to the so called "professionals" who get paid for this shit who cant even remember the names of segments or matches that they are using to illustrate their point, or that cant recall a match that took place ON PPV TWO FUCKING WEEKS AGO.

Who? I don't blame people for slip ups since it can happen. Unless of course their point was to shit on something when they slip up on the point they were trying to make. Then they deserve all the scorn they get.

NOR-CAL! NOR-CAL! NOR-CAL! NOR-CAL! NOR-CAL! NOR-CAL! NOR-CAL!

You got a listener in me.

Who? I don't blame people for slip ups since it can happen. Unless of course their point was to shit on something when they slip up on the point they were trying to make. Then they deserve all the scorn they get.

Not slip ups, just such a lack of preperation and knowledge that its like you should feel lucky they took the time to make anything regarding wrestling, and not that THEY should be happy they have regular listeners.

Well not I.

Damn. You mean that there is actually something approaching anticipation for an ancient history buff?

And worse than that, I might have to talk about recent wrestling?

Барбоса;5186837 said:
Damn. You mean that there is actually something approaching anticipation for an ancient history buff?

And worse than that, I might have to talk about recent wrestling?

Your episode will probably be a bit lighter on the wrestling side.

Yeah, we could get some limited mileage out of "favourite matches/wrestlers etc" but once we get to recent wrestling, the notion that I DVR Raw, read KB's review to see if there is anything I might want to see and skip the rest is rather damning of me as a viewer and Raw as a product.

Worse that I have not even skipped through the last month of Raw... Since Wrestlemania, which I did not watch, the only thing I have viewed apart from Lesnar's rampage has been Neville's debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back