The Very Best Of.....

Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Grapefruits of Wrath
So I was getting stoned yesterday on a glorious Sunday morning, and during this relaxing smoke session I had a great idea for a fun music thread.

The idea is pretty simple, basically you choose an artist and create a "best of" CD using their entire library of music. If the artist was in a band and hand a solo career you can pick and choose between the two for your best of CD.

Now, since most CD's max out at about 80 min, I suggest trying to keep the number of songs that you choose around that time frame. You can use itunes or windows media player for a simple calculation on time, since I assume most of you will be using music you already have on your computer.

Give a description of why you chose the songs, or why you chose certain songs over other ones, or you could talk about how you ordered the songs. Basically there's no shortage of ways to describe this, so don't just post a list of songs, give some reasoning.

So I'm going to start us off with on of my favorite electronic artists.

The Polish Ambassador / Ample Mammal

PolishAmbassador-DiplomaticImmunity.jpg

1. Earth Versus the World-Diplomatic Immunity
2. Astro-American Anthem-The Phantasmal Farm
3. Revenge of the Wongs-I Found Him Now I Must Kill Him
4. Failed Attempts to Enter Her Under Water Fortress-First Words
5. Cozza Frenzy (Ample Mammal Remix)-Sound Cloud
6. Infiltrating the UN-Diplomatic Immunity
7. When the Robo B-Boys Just Kill It-The Phantasmal Farm
8. Ambassador and Friends on Ice-I Found Him Now I Must Kill Him
9. Lions in the Street-First Words
10. Wildebeest Tactics for the 21st Century-Mating Season
11. The Sweet Potato Shuffle-Diplomatic Immunity
12. Finding Torst-The Phantasmal Farm
13. Skinny Jeans-First Words
14. MacDiggers and Associates-The Phantasmal Farm
15. The Day Before Tomorrow-First Words
16. London Telecommunicating-Diplomatic Immunity
17. Barn Party-The Phantasmal Farm
18. Space Camp Goodbyes-I Found Him Now I Must Kill Him

First I listed the track name, and then the CD or location that the song came from, I also put a select few videos in for some of my favorites, even though they're all my favorites. I choose the album art from the first CD, as it's simple and gets the job done, though I almost choose his most recent album art for the CD "First Words" but went with the simpler approach.

So I managed to squeeze out 18 of my favorite Polish Ambassador tracks onto one CD, coming in at 1:19:13 and I still had to cut some tracks that I wanted to have make it onto this CD, but I'm still happy with the outcome.

This CD spans the complete Polish Ambassador career, and even covers a couple of unreleased tracks never to make it on an "official" Polish Ambassador album. I took at least one song from each of his released CD's, covering both of his persona's; and overall this is probably the most fun I've had creating a mix for a single artist. Getting to re listen to all the Polish Ambassadors electronic nuggets of joy made my morning that much more enjoyable.

I also tried to alternate songs from different CD's and keep the different sounds flowing. I started the Cd off with my all time favorite track "Earth Versus the World", it's the first track I ever heard on Pandora and I've been bumping his music ever since; so I figured starting this CD with such a powerhouse electronic anthem I'd be able to hook a few unsuspecting listeners in for the ride.

Over all I'm happy with the Very Best of The Polish Ambassador Cd that I've created, and I'll definitely be bumping the sumuvabitch in my ride. I hope you guys have as much fun as I did putting a best of CD together for an artist of your choosing.

The (supposed) Best Of...
NoFX

nofx-7_inch_of_the_month_club_february.jpg

I had originally made a track order for this, but I found it too cumbersome to post here and not take up all of my morning. Instead, it is presented to you sectioned by original album first.

S&M Airlines

S&M Airlines

Ribbed

The Moron Brothers
Together On The Sand
Nowhere
Gonoherpasyphilaids

White Trash, Two Heebs And A Bean

Soul Doubt
Stickin' In My Eye
Bob
Please Play This Song On The Radio

Punk In Drublic

Linoleum
Leave It Alone

Heavy Petting Zoo

Philthy Phil Philantropist
Freedom Lika Shopping Cart
Bleeding Heart Disease

So Long & Thanks For All The Shoes

It's My Job To Keep Punk Rock Elite
All His Suits Are Torn

Pump Up The Valuum

Take Two Placebos And Call Me Lame
Dinosaurs Will Die
Clams Have Feelings Too

45 Or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough...

Pimps And Hookers
All Of Me
Go To Work Wasted
Fuck The Kids (Revisited)

War On Errorism

The Separation Of Church And Skate
Idiots Are Taking Over
Medio-Core
Re-gaining Unconciousness

Never Trust A Hippy

You're Wrong
I'm Going To Hell For This One

Wolves in Wolves' Clothing

Seeing Double At The Triple Rock
Door Nails

Coaster

My Orphan Year

This baby comes in at 1:15:51 with a total of 31 songs over 12 albums and almost 27 years. I tried to pick songs that represent their style and let me tell you, bringing together enough "good" NoFX songs to fill over an hour was a chore! There are some earlier albums than "S&M Airlines", but none are approachable and penetrable by mere casual fans. We run the gauntlet of classic punk anthems ("Linoleum", "Leave It Alone") to the politi-core inspired songs from recent albums ("The Separation Of Church And Skate", "You're Wrong"), and filled in-between with the crass humor that is their signature ("Gonoherpasyphilaids", "Please Play This Song On The Radio"). I tried to be faithful to the "Best Of..." formula in that I tried to pick out the more friendly tunes that a non-fan could tolerate enjoy like "Bob", while still including some curve balls like "Pimps and Hookers". All in all, I'd call this a perfect soundtrack to a backyard barbeque in the sun. Put this one, open some beers, and let the good times roll.

As a side note, this CD being sold in stores would also include the bonus disc, a reprinting of NoFX's 18 minute epic, "The Decline".

The Beatles

the-beatles1.jpg

The Beatles are probably my favourite band to ever exist. However, unlike most of the people who listen to them religiously, I am not a self-serving know-it-all. The problem with The Beatles is that they have become so successful since they were created, that every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they are the second coming of Christ. I am not like that! Listening to The Beatles does not make your taste in music any more significant than the next mans. The great thing about The Beatles, was that they didn’t stick to one genre. The reason that so many people love their work was that no matter the album, there was always something you could relate to.

It seems that now-a-days, the only people who are listening to The Beatles are people who think they are better and more knowledgeable about music than those who don’t. Me? I listen to The Beatles because it is absolutely effortless. For me, there has never been a band that made great music so easily and without fuss. Sure, they had their bad songs like every band does. However, album after album, there was always something that jumps out to the listener. If I were to create one single Beatles album, I think it would go something like this:

1. Twist And Shout
2. Get Back
3. All You Need Is Love
4. Hey Jude
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand
6. Let It Be
7. Love Me Do
8. Paperback Writer
9. She Loves You, Ya Ya
10. Yellow Submarine
11. Yesterday
12. 8 Days A Week

For me, that album showcases everything that was great about the Beatles. Not only is it packed with tremendous hits, it also gives a great account of why The Beatles were so overwhelmingly successful. Their social commentary is probably illustrated well on this album and the music is fucking incredible too.​

I'll go with Linkin Park for my entry in this thread.

DISC 1
1. Papercut
2. One Step Closer
3. Points of Authority
4. Crawling
5. Runaway
6. In The End
7. Forgotten
8. Don't Stay
9. Somewhere I belong
10. Faint
11. Breaking The Habit
12. Nobody's Listening
13. Session
14. Numb
15. What I've Done
16. Leave Out the Rest
17. The Catalyst

DISC 2
1. Pts.OF.Athrty
2. Enth E Nd
3. Frgt/10
4. P5hng Me A*wy
5. Plc.4 Mie Hæd
6. H! Vltg3
7. Wth>You
8. Ppr:Kut
9. Rnw@y
10. My<Dsmbr
11. By_Myslf
12. Kyur4 th Ich
13. 1stp Klosr
14. Krwlng
15. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying from You
16. Big Pimpin'/Papercut
17. Jigga What/Faint
18. Numb/Encore
19. Izzo/In the End
20. Points of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer

For the first disc I tried to include songs from all four of the original cd's. Tracks 1 through 7 are from Hybrid Theory, 8 through 14 are from Meteora, 15 and 16 are from Minutes to Midnight. 17 is from A Thousand Suns. Then for the second disc I made it a complilation of many of their remixes. Tracks 1 through 14 are from Reanimation, while tracks 15 through 20 are from Collision Course with Jay-Z. I chose this 2 disc collection (both discs are under 80 min, so it would work) because it shows what are, in my opinion, the best songs (both original and remixed) that the band has released. I also made sure that it has tracks representing every single cd in their discography.

eminem7.jpg
(Yeah I figured I would choose something I could imagine being the front cover)

Eminem

Eminem has been my favorite music artist ever. I've grown up listening to this guy. And this album would consist of my all-time favorite songs from him. A mixture of all his styles, all the numerous phases he has gone through in his career, from a drug addicted maniac to the recovered father (If you will)

More or less all of these songs should be able to cover completely what Eminem is all about. How much he has meant to the hip hop genre. Why he is considered one of the greatest of all time. And ultimately, why he is one of the most successful artists of the past 10 years.

1. Just Don't Give A Fuck (4.02)
    [*]My Name Is (4.28)
    [*]Stan (6.44)
    [*]The Real Slim Shady (4.44)
    [*]Cleaning Out My Closet (4.58)
    [*]White America (5.24)
    [*]'Till I Collapse (4.57)
    [*]Ass Like That (4.26)
    [*]Mockingbird (4.11)
    [*]Soldier (3.46)
    [*]When I'm Gone (4.41)
    [*]Beautiful (4.57)
    [*]Underground (6.11)
    [*]Lose Yourself (5.20)
    [*]Not Afraid (4.08)
    [*]Talking 2 Myself (5.00)
    [*]If I Get Locked Up Tonight (3.20)

The album would run up to a total of 74.18 minutes spread across 17 tracks. In my opinion the ultimate Eminem album if he was ever to make it. A mixture Line through his entire career (Of course some might want to mix up the tracks a bit, so it's not more or less a run-through of his discography hits). Also, this would be the mix of songs where there wouldn't be a single thought about switching to the next song because I didn't feel like listening to one of the tracks.

Awesome thread SSC. I'm going to do a like 5-7 of these. Here's my first one and I will divide it in 3 discs. Two heavy kick ass sets and the last one acoustic:

Foo Fighters

1 This Is A Call
2 I'll Stick Around
3 Oh, George
4 Monkey Wrench
5 Hey! Johnny Park
6 Up IN Arms
7 My Hero
8 Everlong
9 Stacked Actors
10 Learn to Fly
11 Generator
12 Aurora
13 Headwires
14 Breakout
15 The Pretender​

Disc 2:
1 All My Life
2 Lei It Die
3 Have It All
4 Times Like These
5 Long Road To Ruin
6 Overdrive
7 Come Back
8 In Your Honor​
9 No Way Back
10 Cheer Up Boys (Your Make Up Is Running
11 Free Me
12 End Over End
13 Best Of You​

Disc 3:
1 Floaty
2 Exhausted
3 Doll
4 For All The Cows​
5 See You
6 Razor
7 Over And Out
8 On The Mend
9 Walking After You
10 Still
11 Marigold
12 Next Year
13 Cold Day In The Sun
14 Skin And Bones
15 February Stars​

So I think that the FF are one of those bands that can make a fucking heavy metal song (Stacked Actors), a radio friendly one (Long Road to Ruin), a beatiful acoustic song (Razor), a bluesy one (Stranger Things Have Happened) and even a bossa nova (Virginia Mooon)! My point with this 3 disc set is to show exactly that! I love when a band can THIS versatile. From alt, to metal, to blues. FF got me with Learn to Fly and Best of You. Since then I have heard EVERY FUCKING SONG they taped/covered live or studio. Being that said it was hard for me to pick songs, I left like 10 more, but ENOUGH! lol. I think this is the ESSENTIAL/BEST OF/GREATEST HITS made by FF! I think with this box set I will cry!
PS: how the fuck I put images?

The Beatles
It seems that now-a-days, the only people who are listening to The Beatles are people who think they are better and more knowledgeable about music than those who don’t. Me? I listen to The Beatles because it is absolutely effortless. For me, there has never been a band that made great music so easily and without fuss. Sure, they had their bad songs like every band does. However, album after album, there was always something that jumps out to the listener. If I were to create one single Beatles album, I think it would go something like this:

1. Twist And Shout
2. Get Back
3. All You Need Is Love
4. Hey Jude
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand
6. Let It Be
7. Love Me Do
8. Paperback Writer
9. She Loves You, Ya Ya
10. Yellow Submarine
11. Yesterday
12. 8 Days A Week

For me, that album showcases everything that was great about the Beatles. Not only is it packed with tremendous hits, it also gives a great account of why The Beatles were so overwhelmingly successful. Their social commentary is probably illustrated well on this album and the music is fucking incredible too.​

I am amazed that your selection omits almost everything from Revolver and everything from Rubber Soul, Sgt. Peppers and Abby Road. Gutsy though, I'll give you that.

I don't really want to re-hash anyone's list so I'll stray from the Beatles and go with Jack White. White's guitar playing has almost amazed me and I know his skills are lackluster when compared to some but I'm not saying he's the best. It's just that his tone is very unique especially while standing on that damn octave pedal he loves so much. I don't dig The Dead Weather too much so, yeah.

1. Seven Nation Army
2. Girl You Have No Faith in Medicine
3. Fell In Love With A Girl
4. Blue Orchid
5. Catch Hell Blues
6. Ball and Biscuit
7. Death Letter (Live from Glastonbury 2005)
8. Carolina Drama
9. Salute Your Solution
10. The Switch and the Spur
11. Steady As She Goes
12. Many Shades of Black
13. Together
14. Blue Veins (Live from Holland 2006)

Yeah I failed. I tried to fit at least a song from each White Stripes album but couldn't find room for one track from their debut. I also omitted the single "Icky Thump" for a reason, I found it trash compared to a lot of their other stuff. I also went for an unusual track listing doing half White Stripes, half Raconteurs but not mixing them. Just going one band first and then the other.

Ill add another one later but for my very best of CD right now it will be

BREAKING BENJAMIN

1. So Cold
2. The Diary Of Jane
3. Polyamorous
4. I Will Not Bow
5. Give Me A Sign
6. Until The End
7. Shallow Bay
8. Anthem Of The Angels
9. Dear Agony
10. Unknown Soldier
11. Firefly
12. Into The Nothing
13. Sooner Or Later
14. Breath
15. Had Enough
16. Blow Me Away
17. Rain

This is actually a playlist I made in my itunes library lol. This was a really hard choice for me to put together, because Breaking Benjamin is one of my favorite bands and it was hard picking out select songs since i love all of their songs. I fit all of their big hits that are well known of course and all of my personal favorites that I feel are very underrated. I actually havent heard a BB song i havent liked. Some I like more then others but none I dont like. I would have put all 4 of their albums together to make one super CD even though thats just me being completely biased. Their song "Firefly" I was actually playing WWE day of reckoning on the gamecube when I first heard it lol. I was hooked since then.

I LOVE THIS IDEA. I have made over 50 different Best of's on my own just like this. I even give them goofy Greatest hits customs titles. I tend not to include many of any bands singles since they tend to almost NEVER be the best songs of the album. I can show a lot of my best ofs, but I'll start with this one first. My actual greatest hits for him is about 40 sings long, so I condensed it for the purposes of this thread

The Mechanical Antichrist of Holywood: The Best of Marilyn Manson:(Part 1)
1) If I was your Vampire (5:56) (Eat me drink me)
2) Cyclops (3:33) (Portrait of an american family)
3) In the shadow of the valley of death (4:10) (Holy wood)
4) Mechanical Animals (4:33) (Mechanical animals)
5) sPade (4:35) (Golden age of grotesque)
6) Target Audience (4:18) (Holy wood)
7) Tourniquet (4:29) (Antichrist superstar)
8) Running to the edge of the world (6:26) (The high end of low)
9) Cruci-Fiction in Space (4:56) (Holy wood)
10) Four rusted horses (5:01) (The high end of low)
11) I put a spell on you (3:37) (Smells like children)
12) Eat me Drink me (5:41) (Eat me drink me)
13) Sweet Dreams (4:53) (Smells like children)
14) Disassociative (4:51) (Mechanical animals)
15) Man that you fear (6:11) (Antichrist superstar)

Awesome idea for a thread, I love doing stuff like this so I will be doing a few for various artists that I love. The album the song comes from is in brackets, and I have come up with a title for the "Best Of" also.

Oasis are, in my opinion, the greatest band of all time. Yes, I know the BS that people complain about...they rip off The Beatles etc...but the fact is Noel Gallagher has written a hell of a lot of absolute classic tracks, which is something that needs to be respected. Many guitar based bands over the last 15 years state Oasis as the reason that they first put a band together, and noone can doubt the influence that the Gallagher brothers have had on music.

SUPERSONIC SUPERNOVA- THE BEST OF OASIS

Disc 1

1. Rock 'n' Roll Star (Definitely Maybe)
2. Acquiese (The Masterplan)
3. The Shock Of The Lightning (Dig Out Your Soul)
4. Live Forever (Definitely Maybe)
5. Wonderwall (Familiar To Millions (LIVE) (Played Electric not Acoustic)
6. My Big Mouth (Be Here Now)
7. Gas Panic! (Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants)
8. Supersonic (Definitely Maybe)
9. Go Let It Out (Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants)
10. Morning Glory (Whats The Story Morning Glory?)
11. Sad Song (The Dreams We Have As Children- Noel Gallagher LIVE)
12. Rockin' Chair (The Masterplan)
13. Don't Go Away (Be Here Now)
14. Slide Away (Definitely Maybe)
15. Champagne Supernova (Whats The Story Morning Glory?)

Disc 2

1. D'ya Know What I Mean? (Be Here Now)
2. (I Got) The Fever (B-Side)
3. Some Might Say (Whats The Story Morning Glory?)
4. The Hindu Times (Heathen Chemistry)
5. Turn Up The Sun (Don't Believe The Truth)
6. I Hope I Think I Know (Be Here Now)
7. Full On (B-Side)
8. (It's Good) To Be Free (The Masterplan)
9. Little By Little (Heathen Chemistry)
10. Cast No Shadow (Whats The Story Morning Glory?)
11. Whatever (Non-Album Single)
12. Stop Cryin' Your Heart Out (Heathen Chemistry)
13. Fade Away (The Masterplan)
14. The Masterplan (The Masterplan)
15. Don't Look Back In Anger (American Supernova- BOOTLEG) (Played on Electric Guitar, not piano)

This took a LONG time to put together, as there are literally 50 other tracks I considered for this. When you like 95% of an artists material, putting together a 2 disc best-of set is unbelievably difficult. I have tried to ensure both albums are as good as each other, with no noticable drop in quality, and have a mixture of the "rockier" faster tracks and the slower tracks (usually with Noel Gallagher on vocals).

The earlier 3 albums (Definitely Maybe, WTSMG and Be Here Now) have been utilised more than the later material, as these albums are my favourites, but a few gems from later releases have been included too, as well as a few B-Sides from singles, tracks from "The Masterplan", which is a B-Sides compliation album, a solo Noel Gallagher CD that was released with The Daily Mail newspaper, and the last track on Disc 2 came from a bootleg CD I picked up.

I would love to know peoples opinions on this, and whether you approve of which songs I have put on the discs, and which I have left out.

I will also be doing a best of for

The Stone Roses/Ian Brown
The Verve/Richard Ashcroft
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Audioslave
Black Label Society
Metallica
Guns N Roses
The Jam/Paul Weller
Creed

and a few more, when I get round to it.

I LOVE threads like this!

Wow good idea, Here is my idea for it. The best of the 2000's metal edition. Lol i love metal, so here it goes. This cd will include all metal. Not just metal , all types and subs.

1. Death to all but metal- Steel panther (2009 2:30)
2. Destroy everything- Hatebreed (2007 3:37)
3. Khyber pass- Ministry (2009 8:46)
4. The groan of wind- Kalmah (2006 5:26)
5. Eyes Of The Insane- Slayer (2007 3:26)
6. The Day That Never Comes- Metalica (2009 7:56)
7. Love- Gojira (2001 4:22)
8. Smoke Ya Later- The acacia strain (2004 4:10)
9. Elegy- As i lay dying (2003 4:47)
10. Goddamn Electric- Pantera (2000 4:58)
11. The pentagram burns- satyricon (2007 5:38)
12. Remission- Straight line stitch ( 2007 4:00)
13. Blood and Thunder- Mastodon ( 2004 3:34)
14. Kingdom of the Worm- Motorhead (2006 4:08)
15. End of the line- Devildriver (2007 5:02)

It turns out to just over 1 hour and 9 minutes

Just basically a fun cd if i had to make one. I like all of the bands on the cd, some very good metal songs on there from all different groups of metal. Some prog, some oldschool, some verry newschool, some hardcore, and some groove. Just a quick little fun opener to have a little fun to and then let the brutal shit ensue. Would anyone buy this little cd?

THERE WAS A TIME- THE BEST OF GUNS 'N' ROSES

I have decided to include "Chinese Democracy" tracks on this compilation, after considering to omit it due to it not being the "real" G'N'R, but I think Axl has made it good enough to include, so here goes my track listing. Again, I have included the album the song came from in brackets, and I chose a title for the album.

1. Welcome To The Jungle (Appetite For Destruction)
2. Right Next Door To Hell (Use Your Illusion I)
3. Shacklers Revenge (Chinese Democracy)
4. Out Ta Get Me (Appetite For Destruction)
5. Live And Let Die (Use Your Illusion I)
6. Sweet Child Of Mine (Appetite For Destruction)
7. Mr Brownstone (Appetite For Destruction)
8. Black Leather (The Spagetti Incident)
9. Nightrain (Appetite For Destruction)
10. Rocket Queen (Appetite For Destruction)
11. My Michelle (Appetite For Destruction)
12. Civil War (Use Your Illusion I)
13. You Could Be Mine (Use Your Illusion II)
14. Knockin' On Heavens Door (Use Your Illusion II)
15. There Was A Time (Chinese Democracy)
16. Paradise City (Appetite For Desctruction)
17. November Rain (Use Your Illusion I)

Obviously alot of the tracks came for G'n'R's legenday debut, "Appetite For Destruction", as it by far their greatest work, but I have included tracks from all four of their albums. I havent looked at the "Lies" EP, as I have not got that one but I think this is a good selection of tracks, which covers their big hits, famous album tracks and personal favourites of mine.

For my next "Best Of" compilation, I have decided to look at the re-born grunge giants Alice In Chains.

DARK PHEONIX- THE BEST OF ALICE IN CHAINS
You may be wondering why I selected that title, but I think its suitable because of how AIC have risen like a pheonix from the ashes of Layne Staley's tragic death to be just as good as ever, and the "Dark" represents the bleak nature of most of the bands songs.

1. We Die Young (Facelift)
2. Grind (Alice In Chains)
3. Them Bones (Dirt)
4. Check My Brain (Black Gives Way To Blue)
5. Man In The Box (Facelift)
6. Would? (Dirt)
7. Bleed The Freak (Facelift)
8. Dam That River (Dirt)
9. Angry Chair (Dirt)
10. Private Hell (Black Gives Way To Blue)
11. Down In A Hole (Dirt)
12. No Excuses (Jar Of Flies)
13. Your Decision (Black Gives Way To Blue)
14. Nutshell (Jar Of Flies)
15. Rain When I Die (Dirt)
16. Rooster (Dirt)
17. Black Gives Way To Blue (Black Gives Way To Blue)

I tried to make this album start out with the louder and more aggresive AIC tracks, like "We Die Young" and "Man In The Box" (EPIC), before gradually becoming more mellow later on with the tracks like the incredible "Nutshell from "Jar Of Flies" and "Your Decision" from their most recent work, which I think is a beautiful song.

I chose to finish on the title track from their last album, which also the last track on that CD, as I think its perfect as a goodbye to Layne

THE VERY BEST OF AUDIOSLAVE

I could not come up with an album title for this one, without it sounding cheesy so we will just go with the "Very Best Of".

Audioslave were born from the remains of Rage Against The Machine and Soundgarden, and released 3 albums during the 2000s, all of which I thought were great records. However, for a greatest hits/best of compilation, it does limit it somewhat, being made up of basically 1/3 of each album.

I tend to prefer the heavier Audioslave tracks, with the huge Tom Morello riffs, so most of the album is made up of tracks like that.

1. Set It Off (Audioslave)
2. Revelations (Revelations)
3. Show Me How To Live (Audioslave)
4. Your Time Has Come (Out Of Exile)
5. Cochise (Audioslave)
6. Doesn't Remid Me (Out Of Exile)
7. One & The Same (Revelations)
8. Like A Stone (Audioslave)
9. Be Yourself (Out Of Exile)
10. Jewel Of The Summertime (Revelations)
11. Gasoline (Audioslave)
12. Shape Of Things To Come (Revelations)
13. What You Are (Audioslave)
14. Wide Awake (Revelations)
15. Drown Me Slowly (Out Of Exile)
16. I Am The Highway (Audioslave)

I am pretty disappointed that Audioslave are no longer with us, as in my opinion they were a top class band who made 3 consistently high-quality albums, but at least we have the returns of Rage and Soundgarden to enjoy instead.

I tried to ensure that the tracks were ordered in a way to avoid songs from the same album following on after each other to keep the album fresh and varied.

The Very Best of Nickelback

Ever since 2003 I have enjoyed listening to Nickelback and they are perhaps the only band on my iPod that have more than 6 songs devoted to them. Their whole style of music I love and I cannot name one bad song. So here goes

1.Photograph
2.Hero
3.How you remind me
4.Savin' Me
5.Animals
6.Rockstar
7.Burn it to the ground
8.Next Contestant
9.Something in your mouth
10.This Afternoon
11.Too bad
12.Far Away
13.Never gonna be alone

Feel free to criticise..

Good Charlotte - Waldorf to Worldwide

Good Charlotte will always have a special place in me, with them being the first band I would say I had as my faveourite band when I was like 10 and I have loved them ever since. Here is my picks for a best of GC CD set. They have an album coming out next month, but I will not include any of those songs. I chose the title 'Waldorf to Worldwide' because they are from Waldorf and they have a song called Waldorf Worldwide and also because they are a world wide popular band.

Disc 1.

1. Little Things
2. The Anthem
3. Chronicles of Life and Death
4. Keep Your Hands of My Girl
5. The Motivation Proclamation
6. Girls & Boys
7. Riot Girl
8. I Just Wanna Live
9. Predictable
10. Misery
11. Mountain

Disc 2.

1. Hold On
2. Secrets
3. Waldorf Worldwide
4. Movin' On
5. Victims of Love
6. The River
7. Complicated
8. Dance Floor Anthem
9. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

These songs to me stick out as being important songs in their career. They have all been great for them. It's got a bit of everything, pop punk, electronic stuff, some great catchy guitar riffs, catchy songs in general.

The Very Best of Nickelback

1.Photograph
2.Hero
3.How you remind me
4.Savin' Me
5.Animals
6.Rockstar
7.Burn it to the ground
8.Next Contestant
9.Something in your mouth
10.This Afternoon
11.Too bad
12.Far Away
13.Never gonna be alone

Feel free to criticise..

I am very surprised you missed my 4 favourite Nickelback tracks off that list haha!
"Someday" "Gotta Be Somebody" "Next Go Round" and "If Everyone Cared"

As you only put 13 on the CD, you could probably fit 3 or 4 more on there. If you had to put 4 more on, which ones would you include???

For my next compliation, I have decided to look at Ian Brown, the former lead singer of The Stone Roses, and now a very successful solo artist in his own right. I am concentrating on his solo career in this collection, and due to most of his songs being in the 3-4 minute length, I have decided that 20 tracks will feature on this cd.

MADE IN MANCHESTER: THE VERY BEST OF IAN BROWN

1. The World Is Yours (The World Is Yours)
2. Stellify (My Way)
3. Sister Rose )The World Is Yours)
4. F*E*A*R (Music Of The Spheres)
5. Can't See Me (Unfinished Monkey Business)
6. Corpses In Their Mouths (Unfinished Monkey Business)
7. Set My Baby Free (Golden Greats)
8. Dolphins Were Monkeys (Golden Greats)
9. Eternal Flame (The World Is Yours)
10. Marathon Man (My Way)
11. Keep What Ya Got (Feat Noel Gallagher) (Solarized)
12. Golden Gaze (Golden Greats)
13. Longsight M13 (Solarized)
14. Love Like A Fountain (Golden Greats)
15. Time Is My Everything (Solarized)
16. The Feeding Of The 5000 (The World Is Yours)
17. In The Year 2525 (My Way)
18. All Ablaze (The Greatest)
19. The Gravy Train (Music Of The Spheres)
20. Illegal Attacks (The World Is Yours)

With the wide range of musical styles that Brown covers in his albums, it took a while to order the tracks in a suitable manner, but I think I have managed it well. I started it off with "Stellify", a new, bouncy track that had its video filled infront of my apartment (you can actually see my balcony close up on the video :) ). The highlight of the album for most people is the song "F*E*A*R", which in my opinion is sheer genius. For people who do not know, the first letter in each line of the song spells out the word "FEAR"
Fantastic Expectations, Amazing Revelations
Final Execution And Ressurection

It is such a clever song. The rest of the album is filled with some of the most interesting, unique and catchy music out there, as Brown has slowly moved away from using guitars in his music to more synthesised and electronic sounding effects. The man is a legend, King Monkey and a godlike genius

The Very Best of: Johnny Cash
johnny-cash-431x300.jpg

1: Ring of Fire
2: A Boy Named Sue
3: Folsom Prison Blues
4: It Ain’t Me Babe (Featuring June Carter-Cash)
5: San Quentin (Live)
6: The Beast in Me
7: I’ve Been Everywhere
8: The Wanderer (U2 Starring Johnny Cash)
9: Rusty Cage
10: One
11: Unchained
12: The Man in Black
13: Bird on a Wire
14: I Hung My Head
15: Personal Jesus
16: Hurt
17: The Man Comes Around
18: God’s Gonna Cut You Down
19: Give My Love to Rose
20: I Walk the Line

Johnny Cash Really Resonates with a Lot of people and While This List May Not Be 100% His Greatest List, It's a Compilation of Songs That I Feel Sum Up Cash Well. There's the Classics Like Ring of Fire & The Man in Black as well as the Newer Things Like Hurt & Personal Jesus, but There's Also Some Lesser Known Tracks Like Give My Love to Rose & It Ain't Me Babe. I Also Stuck I Walk the Line in There Last because I feel it Fits to Have His Trademark Song Be the Last Song on the List.

Ill add another one later but for my very best of CD right now it will be

BREAKING BENJAMIN

1. So Cold
2. The Diary Of Jane
3. Polyamorous
4. I Will Not Bow
5. Give Me A Sign
6. Until The End
7. Shallow Bay
8. Anthem Of The Angels
9. Dear Agony
10. Unknown Soldier
11. Firefly
12. Into The Nothing
13. Sooner Or Later
14. Breath
15. Had Enough
16. Blow Me Away
17. Rain

This is actually a playlist I made in my itunes library lol. This was a really hard choice for me to put together, because Breaking Benjamin is one of my favorite bands and it was hard picking out select songs since i love all of their songs. I fit all of their big hits that are well known of course and all of my personal favorites that I feel are very underrated. I actually havent heard a BB song i havent liked. Some I like more then others but none I dont like. I would have put all 4 of their albums together to make one super CD even though thats just me being completely biased. Their song "Firefly" I was actually playing WWE day of reckoning on the gamecube when I first heard it lol. I was hooked since then.

Personally I dont understand how you could even include anything from dear agony. It was such a terrible album. I couldnt listen to it without being severally annoyed with the lyrics, The music itself was alright but good god. I could only listen to the words, eyes, dark and breath so many times..Not to mention its like every song covers the same topic.Lyrically the first 3 albums are so much better constructed. I was honestly insulted when I first listened to the album. Not hating on the band as there one of my favorites as well. I just feel with dear agony they stopped evolving.

I counter Your Breaking Benjamin list with a list of my own. My Breaking Benjamin cd in my car holds 22 songs. So my list will consist of those 22 songs lol

1. So Cold
2. Simple Design
3. Polyamorous
4. The Diary of Jane
5. Medicate
6. Dance with The Devil
7. Firefly
8. No Games
9. Forget it
10. Phase
11. Until The End
12. Blow Me Away
13. Believe
14. Sooner Or Later
15. Topless
16. Had Enough
17. Evil Angel
18. Skin
19. Lady Bug
20. Away
21. Ordinary man
22. You Fight Me

IMMUNE TO FEAR- THE BEST OF GODSMACK

1. Cryin' Like A Bitch (The Oracle)
2. Keep Away (Godsmack)
3. Bad Religion (Godsmack)
4. Speak (IV)
5. Realign (Faceless)
6. Love Hate Sex Pain (The Oracle)
7. I Stand Alone (Changes)
8. Bleeding Me (IV)
9. Shine Down (IV)
10. Running Blind (The Other Side)
11. Touche (The Other Side)
12. Changes (Changes)
13. No Rest For The Wicked (IV)
14. Awake (Awake)
15. Saints And Sinners (The Oracle)
16. Greed (Awake)
17. Immune (Godsmack)

Godsmack are another band who are really successful in America, but have achieved much success over here in England. I first heard of them with the "I Stand Alone" video for the Scorpian King film, and thought that Sully Erna had an awesome voice. After tracking down some of their albums, they soon became one of my favourite bands.

"Realign", "Keep Away" and "Love Hate Sex Pain" are the stand out tracks on this album for me, but every song on there is of a high quality. Alot of Godsmacks music sounds fairly similar but I don't care when it is this good.

I made sure I put on a couple of tracks from the bands "The Other Side" acoustic album, to show that the entire range of their music is covered, but although my favourite tracks on that album are the unplugged versions of "Realign" and "Keep Away", I preferred to keep the originals on the CD, so chose alternatives.

I would love to know what people think of my selections

The Sound of MCR

For my next "best of", I have decided to do a 2 disk compilation of some of the best music to come out of Manchester, UK. The city has produced some of the greatest and most influential indie and rock 'n' roll bands of the last 30 years. Here is the story of MCR

Disc 1

1. I Wanna Be Adored- The Stone Roses
2. 24 Hour Party People- The Happy Mondays
3. Come Home- James
4. This Is How It Feels- Inspiral Carpets
5. Wonderwall- Oasis
6. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out- The Smiths
7. Love Will Tear Us Apart- Joy Division
8. True Faith- New Order
9. Pounding- Doves
10. Morning Glory- Oasis
11. Transmission- Joy Division
12. Step On- The Happy Mondays
13. How Soon Is Now?- The Smiths
14. Tour De World- Northside
15. Suedehead- Morrissey

Disc 2

1. Blue Monday '88- New Order
2. Rock 'n' Roll Star- Oasis
3. Hallelujah- The Happy Mondays
4. F*E*A*R- Ian Brown
5. This Charming Man- The Smiths
6. Disappointed- Electronic
7. Saturn 5- Inspiral Carpets
8. Every Day Is Like Sunday- Morrissey
9. Sit Down- James
10. Practice Makes Perfect- Northside
11. You Overdid It Doll- The Courteeners
12. Regret- New Order
13. There Goes The Fear- Doves
14. Pacific- 808 State
15. I Am The Resurrection- The Stone Roses

I have tried to mix both discs up in order to get a good spread of differing styles of songs, from different bands, genres and styles. "I am the resurrection", the final track on disc 2, is the perfect way to end this compilation, an epic track with a 4 minute drum and guitar solo to close out a fantastic cd.

In my opinion, UK music has alot to thank Manchester for, the music from this cd blows away any other part of the country.

DJ is back with another list. And to Lenguy, I respect your opinion of the Dear Agony CD, all a matter of personal taste. Though I did enjoy it I have to agree with you to an extent about the repetetive lyrics. This band is one of my favorites, first song I ever heard from them was the song "Finding Myself" from The Punisher movie soundtrack. A lot of people may not know these guys, but I'm sure everyone at some point had to have heard "Bottom Of A Bottle" (i do it for the drugs, I do it just to feel alive etc.).

HERE'S TO ANOTHER - The Very Best Of Smile Empty Soul

1. Bottom Of A Bottle
2. Silhouettes
3. Don't Ever Leave
4. We're Through
5. Nowhere Kids
6. This Is War
7. Here's To Another
8. Alone With Nothing
9. Live Forever
10. With This Knife
11. Loser
12. The Other Side

DISC 2

13. Eraser
14. Finding Myself
15. For You
16. All My Problems
17. Faker
18. Holes
19. Ban Nuys
20. End Of The World

It was pretty hard to choose. I haven't listened to a lot of their songs that I don't like. I probably changed the order of these tracks like 5 times before I posted this too. Love this band

MY WORKOUT CD

After doing complilations of individual bands, I thought I would do a CD of the music I listen to in the gym. Let me know what you think?

Disc 1

1. Heart Of A Champion Nelly
2. Can't Be Touched- Roy Jones Jr & The Body Head Bangers
3. Eye Of The Tiger- Survivor
4. Fight Music- D12
5. Lose Yourself- Eminem
6. Man In The Box- Alice In Chains
7. Downfall- Trust Company
8. Headstrong- Trapt
9. Realign- Godsmack
10. Cowboys From Hell- Pantera
11. Ladies & Gentlemen- Saliva
12. Crush 'Em Megadeth (WCW Mayhem CD- new Goldberg music)
13. Bodies- Drowning Pool
14. Indestructible- Disturbed

Disc 2

1. I Stand Alone- Godsmack
2. Killing In The Name Of- Rage Against The Machine
3. 13 Years Of Grief- Black Label Society
4. Here To Stay- Korn
5. Ich Will- Rammstein
6. Afterlife- Avenged Sevenfold
7. Wait And Bleed- Slipknot
8. Always- Saliva
9. For Whom The Bell Tolls- Metallica
10. Hell Yeah- Rev Theory
11. Ready To Roll- Jet Black Stare
12. Davidian- Machine Head
13. Keep Away- Godsmack
14. Insomnia- Faithless
15. Sandstorm- Darude

As you can see, most of the tracks are rock/metal but I have thrown on a few rap songs which get me pumped up, and finish disc 2 with 2 dance classics, which are perfect for keeping you going when you are doing cardio work.

Metal is the perfect music for the gym, as it gets you pumped up and ready to take on the world. I always find that with a chorus of one of my favoruite tracks playing in my headphones, I can lift more than I would do normally. This is why I never work out without my ipod with me.

My faveourite band, Escape the Fate not long ago released their 3rd studio album so I will create a best of list based off of these three. I'm going to include songs with their original singer, Radke despite the fact that in real life, they would never include anything with him. So, I present...

Escape the Fate - The Best Of.

1. Situations
2. There's No Sympathy For The Dead
3. The Flood
4. 10 Miles Wide
5. Dragging Dead Bodies In Blue Bags Up Really Long Hills
6. My Apocolypse
7. Something
8. Gorgeous Nightmare
9. Massacre
10. The Guillotine
11. This War is Ours (The Guillotine Part 2)
12. The Aftermath (G3)
13. Not Good Enough For The Truth In Cliche

Ive included these songs as I think they are the most vital in Escape the Fate's success and popularity amongst the fans. Great music all-round. I would happily pay the $20 it usually is for a greatest hits CD if it had this track listing, except for the fact I have all their CDs. It's a shame they will never release a greatest hits with anything from their original singer because their old stuff is what set them up for success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back