• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Usos Will Be a Great Heel Tag Team!

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
Lets change the pace and the subjects in here over at WrestleZone Forums. I love the main events as much as the next guy, but I'm also a sucker for potential new creative endings towards some less relevant superstars. My thoughts after last nights Raw concerning The Usos is how great this guys would be if they turn heel.

As many of you know The Usos have been one of hottest rising tag teams in 2013, and a big chunk of you all are happy with that decision. Whether it's his fast pacing wrestling style or the fact that they are in the tag divisions for some years now and didn't get their opportunity a high probability say that you are a Usos fan. Also after many months of unaware booking for the most part, The Usos have been built as a credible and strong team in the WWE - of course their performances against The Shield and Rhodes Bros helped... a lot.

But it's like everything in wrestling, the chase is always great but what should we do next? Let them defend their championship against Rybaxel? Maybe a little bit of Miz/Ziggs? Does anyone here believe that Ambrose/Rollins should break apart even if The Shield dies down? There are a lot of possible contenders for this, but when you build a tag team to look that tough as the Usos and you build them to be strong and cool samoan guys, there's also a great potential of a heel turn in the horizon. Who doesn't like to see a menacing duo kicking the living crap out of his opponents? And with The Shield possibly gone by the new full road to WrestleMania 31, WWE may need a big and strong contenders to put on great matches while kicking the living crap out of the midcarders.

Also The Usos act can only go so far... Fun babyfaces usually don't last that long with the belts. Edge & Christian to all their credit are a 7 time World Tag Champs and their reigns combined almost doesn't cut in the 200 day spot. The Hardyz definitely don't cut it. But why am I comparing this teams? This is ridiculous, The Usos are not them and don't have their potential as big stars!! But as a team? The Usos are sure helluva fun to watch!!

• So what are your thoughts on a possible The Usos heel turn?
  • Do they need a mouthpiece or can their actions speak louder?
  • If you would like an heel turn, when would you pull the trigger?
  • Are they going to be WWE Tag Team Champions this year?

•So what are your thoughts on a possible The Usos heel turn? I think that the Usos need to continue to be built up as the top face tag team. Other than the Usos, who else is there? Los Matadores? (ugh) Cody and GD are going to last forever. So who else does WWE have right now?

•Do they need a mouthpiece or can their actions speak louder? They don't need a mouthpiece. They get good reactions from the crowd. They have the U-SO chant. The are exciting in the ring with their high flying style. A couple good fueds with some really heel teams would solidify them.

•If you would like an heel turn, when would you pull the trigger? They stay as faces.

•Are they going to be WWE Tag Team Champions this year? The USOs should be rewarded and win the tag titles at WM XXX this year. They have been work horses and consistant all 2013 and this year so far and deserve it. They need to take the titles off the Outlaws at WM XXX.

I'm under the belief they should stay face also, with such a lack of tag teams, or relevant tag teams they should keep who they have where they have them, until more and better quality shows up. As far as the titles I believe they should have won the titles a long time ago, and that's not to say I'm a huge fan but they are very much over and they've done a lot of good work for the WWE and they've never been rewarded, so I do hope it either happens this Sunday or even at WrestleMania. There is no doubting that they are very over and I believe turning them heel would only hurt what they have right now.

They are just fine as a face tag-team. They seem to be very popular so there is no need to turn them. They are an exciting team which pushes them towards being face. They seem to be popular with a younger audience and I'm sure their merch sells well.

Turning them heel wont' help their career. They are doing well as a face team and hopefully they will get the titles soon - probably at WM30.

This is funny. The Usos debuted in 2010, and told the fans that they "weren't your typical samoans", as they were wearing nice clothes, were educated, etc. Well, after about 5 minutes, someone realized that it wasn't going to work, and they hung in limbo until 2011, when they turned face. It took a while (almost 3 years), but they have finally won over the "Universe" (playing off of their Samoan heritage of course, with a modern twist). They will, at some point in the near future (EC or WM), win the tag titles. So as soon as they win over the crowd, someone makes the statement that they will make a great heel tag team...gotta love it.

They've worked hard to get the fans support. They're one of the few face teams I actually like(I cant even think of any others at the moment actually.)

Funny, I was just thinking about this a couple days ago.

Eventually the Uso's will have to turn heel to keep themselves from getting stale but maybe not so soon. They're just reaching their hottest point right now so let them win the titles and have a decent run as faces.

Once they lose the titles, than I can see them finally turning heel and garnering some real heat. All the great tag teams have had good runs both as heels and faces (Dudleys, LOD, Hart Foundation, NAO, etc.) If the Uso's want to be talked about in the same category as these teams, they will have to work on their mic skills before they eventually do turn.

They NEED to stay face. There aren't enough tag teams to go around, and considering The Shield, The Brotherhood and PTP (Already broke up) are most likely ending soon, and one can only guess how long The New Age Outlaws will be active from here on out. Keep them face and if they really need a mouthpiece, bring back Rikishi to do the talking for them. Make him their manager. It's always nice to see Rikishi, and giving the Usos a mouthpiece would be a smart move, just so promos can be cut and they could get more recognition as one of the best tag teams that's been in the WWE in recent years.

The Usos are not for you, they are for the kids. Boys who have never seen Polynesian stereotypes fly around the ring. They are colorful and cheerful. They are fit to be champs and stay champs until there is another team who needs a bump.

Make them heels and we would probably have to suffer threw Uso Twin Magic since no one in their right mind could continue to mistake Brie from Nikki's boobs any longer.

If they were more face tag teams, I could see it working but unfortunately, tag teams are limited right now - the pushes of Titus O'Neil, Cesaro, The Shield, Bryan, has hurt the tag division's depth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back