• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Universe Era.

Albert T

Occasional Pre-Show
I was watching "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" on MTV 2 today, and on the scroll at the bottom it showed something to this effect:

"WWE 2K14 has announced the Universe Era matches for the game's Wrestlemania mode."

Given the WWE's constant usage of the term "WWE Universe" I think this is as good of an indicator of what the WWE wants this era of the WWE to be referred to as.

I think the "Corporate Era" would be more appropriate, but probably not as catchy or marketable, so that's out (drats).

All joking aside, I think it might still be too early to give this chapter of the WWE a name, as we are still in the midst of it.

So, the question is...

"Do you think that this particular era should be referred to as 'The Universe Era?'"

Since each WWE "era" is marked by a word or phrase primarily used throughout said period, "Universe" would fall in line with "Hulkamania", "New Generation", "Attitude", and "Ruthless Aggression". What else would work, seeing as every week we hear constant mention of the "WWE Universe"?

I think the "Corporate Era" would be more appropriate, but probably not as catchy or marketable, so that's out (drats).

All joking aside, I think it might still be too early to give this chapter of the WWE a name, as we are still in the midst of it.

So, the question is...

"Do you think that this particular era should be referred to as 'The Universe Era?'"

I guess "Universe Era" is as good a name as any, but I don't see how it's too early. According to WWE, the Ruthless Aggression Era ended at WrestleMania 24. Personally I disagree with when they say the eras ended, I feel the Attitude Era ended at WrestleMania 19 and the Ruthless Aggression Era ended at WrestleMania 26.

I guess "Universe Era" is as good a name as any, but I don't see how it's too early. According to WWE, the Ruthless Aggression Era ended at WrestleMania 24. Personally I disagree with when they say the eras ended, I feel the Attitude Era ended at WrestleMania 19 and the Ruthless Aggression Era ended at WrestleMania 26.

I feel like its too early, because this particular era is still ongoing and in many ways is just getting started. Therefore, I'm just hesitant to name something that may not have found its defining moment yet. However, I feel like the Attitude Era ended at Wrestlemania 17 and the Ruthless Aggression Era ended at Wrestlemania 20, so it's possible were all of different minds on the subject. (Also, I have no clue what to call the era/eras that I feel was/were in between 20 and 24, so I couldn't even begin to fathom what they would be called.)

It's appropriate but a stupid name anyway. As CM Punk once said, they're not a "universe", they're fans. But yes, it's a term often used and therefore logical.

"universe era" sounds no worse than the others and it definitely catches all the multimedia stuff they are involved with.

its still the "roster split era" to me, dammit!

It does although I think that ended and we're now in the WWE App era to be brutally honest... The problem with calling it the Universe era is it leaves nowhere to really go, as a marketing name it's actually quite weak - even now it's not as catchy as "Superstars" was or "New Generation" it sounds contrived everytime I hear it uttered by someone, like they are still trying too hard to be more than just wrestling. Perhaps it's cos others like the Marvel Universe had it first and have more claim on being a Universe...

Does make me wonder what will happen after WM30, cos that is the natural time when they "blast off" a new era, they did so at 10 and 20...what would they call it after the Universe era...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back