• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The True Story of Wrestlemania

Hazardous

parental discretion advised
I just finished watching "The True Story of Wrestlemania", and it probably was the 2nd best WWE DVD I've seen in the past few years ( Second only to Jericho's.. and yes I guess i am a little bias)

But there were a few things in there that might raise some questions/issues.. With the DVD just going on sale yesterday, and this year's Mania right around the corner... they should have thought about a few things better. What I'm referring to is the talk of "The Streak". They interview a variety of stars about Undertaker and the streak, and yet the 2 matches they put focus on were HBK vs Taker 1, and HHH vs Taker... So they will talk about it in a DVD, but will pretend it didn't happen on TV each week... Hmm..

The other thing is what HHH say's while talking about the streak. And I Quote. "I don't think the streak should ever be broken" In fact, the only person who seemed in favor of it was Jericho. So in a time where everything that happens gets brought to light by the internet community, Why would they do something like that while trying to build up this big match for this year's Mania. All those kids that never saw HHH/Taker 1 are now finding out about it, and it loses a bit of it's big effect.

So was this done as a lapse of judgment? Or just something they didn't see as that important?

It looked to me as though what they were doing there was a shoot style DVD and as such is not tied in with any of the storylines in the WWE. hence not having Triple H say yeah the streak will be broken and I will be the one to do it.

Now doing this this benificial for the DVD as it makes it timeless for instance this can be watched back in like 25 years time and everything will still be as a documentary sound and a very good look at the histor and story behind the first 26 Wrestlemanias.

okay, that would make sense, but if that was the case, then why not get the deadman to speak as well? I mean hell, they got Hulk Hogan to appear on it, and even called The Undertaker "The face of Wrestlemania". It was filmed before they had made up their minds on who he would be facing this year, I get that part, But you'd think they might have edited a bit of it maybe? Or if it was too late for that, then possibly NOT try to erase the match they had before. HBK/Taker 2 had just as much hype about it, and that was before the career on the line stuff happened as well.. So I really don't see how a match that happened years ago would effect this year's.

Well as far as hogan goes, it was obviously it was taped before he went to TNA. He looks a little younger than he does now..i get what your saying about them trying to sell the match at mania this year but i think that we as viewer have to kinda look past that. its not like we dont already know that wrestling is predetermined so for them to break character gives us a more real and legit view of the inside story

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back