• The Hardy Boyz

• L.A.X.

• Motor City Machineguns

• Team 3D

• The World's Greatest Tag Team

Results are only viewable after voting.

2TheMax

Dark Match Winner
For these past ten years, we've seen tag team wrestling become even more revolutionary. We've seen young up and comers start as a tag team and end up achieving more success as singles wrestlers. We've seen break-ups, reunions, innovation, failure, and success with the many tag teams that we've seen in mainstream wrestling. The question is which tag team do you think has made the most out of teamwork, unity, and hard work in any tag team division?

Only one team has risen above all of them. You decide which one it is...go vote!!

My answer is Team 3D. They've accomplished more than any other tag team that there is for these past ten years. Them becoming 22x Tag Team Champions is an undeniable milestone for them and they've also lasted more as a pure tag team than any team throughout this decade. They were also apart of some very infamous moments in both WWE and TNA, including the classic TLC matches that they had with Edge & Christian and The Hardy Boyz. To me, they exemplify what a tag team is, both heel and face, and they set a new standard for the division in this decade.

Reactions: gd
Personally, I can't stand 3D anymore, they are just over the hill. Their matches are boring, their promos are annoying, and they just aren't anything special anymore. I understand where you're coming from, but I just can't agree with that pick.

My tag team of the decade would have to be Edge and Christian. They were standouts in the TLC matches, they were entertaining at all times, and were just plain cool. Both were great in the ring and they meshed so well together. They may not have been together as long as 3D or won as much as them, but they were just awesome.

I voted for Edge and Christian. They were intriguing from the start as members of The Brood. Then they broke out on their own and became entertaining as hell with their in-ring segments and promos. Not to mention they meshed well together.

Not only were they a successful tag team, but they broke up and each member became an outstanding singles star as well. Edge gets the advantage in success, but only because WWE ignores Christian's run in TNA. Christian has plenty of time to become a multiple time WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

And, they are one of the few teams that have fans salivating to see a reunion. We've see the Hardys and the Brothers of Destruction reunite every time creative has nothing for them to do...but E&C have not been together for a long time. A reunion would be epic.

O shit, I forgot about LAX. Not sure if they were better than E&C, but they have to be in the conversation. Hernandez and Homicide were just a great pairing and they were able to perform some sweet spots. Throw in Hector Guerrero, an awesome theme song, and some solid feuds, and you have a winner.

I would have to say the Hardy Boys. Edge and Christan were the best team for the time that they were around and possible of all time but they only were around for the early years of 2001. The Hardys were big throughout the decade and won numerous tag titles together, all while continuing to be over with the fans and not getting stale. I would have to say the tag team of the decade would be the Hardys on the basis of their longevity.

I thought about the world's greatest tag team, because they gelled so well had a great dynamic from the get-go.

However I felt I had to vote for the Dudleyz/team 3D purely to sheer dominance throughout the whole decade. Sure you might be a bit annoyed or bored with them now but you cannot deny the amount they have done in the last ten years.

From revolutionising the tag scene in the wwe, making tables the most popular furniture in the world or even being involved in the triple threat ladder/TLC matches.

E&C are ok, but these guys just rock

From the list above I voted for The Hardys. When i was younger I used to love them. They could fire up the crowd and could back it up in the ring. Their TLC match at Wrestlemania 16,17 and I think the one at Summerslam were definitely Match of They Year candidates for their years respectively. They were merchandise machines. They could sell. They reached out to a new kind of viewer in the more Gothic kind of way, and were key to targeting teenagers, as, well, they were relay cool.

But for me, a tag team that I was surprised to see where not on the list were The Miz and John Morrison. These are the two that would have got my vote if they were there. The Hardys were great. The Dudleys were great. Edge and Christian were great. But the thing that they all had in common was that they were all both amazing but they had each other. They were not the only tag teams around as well. But what did John Morrison and The Miz have? Carlito and Primo with Crime Time. They were doing nothing at the time and yet they managed to not only just bring some prestige back to the WWE and world Tag team championships but they were one of the hottest things to watch on a Monday, Tuesday or a Friday night. They could generate a reaction like no other and they had given a stay of execution to a dying tag team division.

Those are my two teams of the decade.

The list seems a bit unfair in the sense that some of the teams like lax and mcmg haven't been around for most of the decade. Then again, all these teams came and went and the ones that are still together haven't been around long enough to disband. If you're going by impact ( no pun), I'd give the nod to Edge and Christian. They have stood out as one of the best tag teams ever, and they have beaten so many credible teams and have set the bar of success for tag teams.

I could have been biased and chose the Bros of Destruction because Taker and Kane are two of my fav wrestlers ever, but I went the high route and chose E & C. They are the clear winners if you look at what they have done. The TLC matches..... come on, its obvious they have been the best in the last decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back