• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Tag Team of Tag Teams

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I was just wondering which Tag Team shook the world of Tag Teams.There are many outstanding superior Tag Teams but when I think of the Tag Team the let the world take Tag Teams seriously I can only think of one Tag Team and they are The Hardys there matchs for so amazing it made you get of your seat a shout and far behind them are E & C and LOD but they have not done something so amazing as a team that it is remembered to this day sure Edge speared Jeff at WM 17 but that is pretty much the only thing that stood out and LOD I can not even think of one expect when they returned on RAW in 2003 that was so unsuspected. The Hardys on the other hand Jeff's suicide dive from the ladder is remembered to this day and that is pretty much how his career stared and Matt Hardy has not established his career yet but whenever you hear TLC match you automatically think The Hardys but like I said before that is just me.

I just want to know who was your favorite Tag Team and who was the Tag Team that shook the Tag Team divison.

hands down my favorite tag team of all time is edge and christian. followed closely by the hardys, then the dudleys, then dx, then the hart foundation. and i think that the hardys, e&c, and the dudleys all three revolutionized the tag team division with their amazing tlc matches. those really made tag team matches and the whole division a lot more fun to watch cause there were all sorts of new innovative tag team maneuvers to be introduced.

now i respect your opinion but how the hell can you say that edge and christian havent done anything worth remembering to this day? yeah ill give you that the hardys had MORE memorable moments then e&c, but only because of jeff doing insane things that had never been done before. his stunts were really only as amazing as we remember them because we had never seen them done before. everyone is gonna remember the first time they saw someone jump off a 20 foot ladder, but how many people remember the 7th or 18th. and plus, matt didnt do ANYTHING worth remembering back then. he may have jumped off the turnbuckle through a table, but a minute later jeff was one upping him jumping off a ladder through a table, completely overshadowing matts jump.

now dont get me wrong i really do love the hardys, both as singles competitors, a tag team, heels, or faces. they are great. but e&c had the 5 second poses, their very MEMORABLE moments with kurt angle and mick foley as the commissioner. they made you laugh and enjoy the show, heel or face. the hardys (more specifically jeff) will most likely out stunt e&c everytime but they will never out wrestle them.

and when i think of TLC, i think of matt, jeff, edge, christian, bubba ray dudley, and d-von dudley. not just the hardys

hands down my favorite tag team of all time is edge and christian. followed closely by the hardys, then the dudleys, then dx, then the hart foundation. and i think that the hardys, e&c, and the dudleys all three revolutionized the tag team division with their amazing tlc matches. those really made tag team matches and the whole division a lot more fun to watch cause there were all sorts of new innovative tag team maneuvers to be introduced.

now i respect your opinion but how the hell can you say that edge and christian havent done anything worth remembering to this day? yeah ill give you that the hardys had MORE memorable moments then e&c, but only because of jeff doing insane things that had never been done before. his stunts were really only as amazing as we remember them because we had never seen them done before. everyone is gonna remember the first time they saw someone jump off a 20 foot ladder, but how many people remember the 7th or 18th. and plus, matt didnt do ANYTHING worth remembering back then. he may have jumped off the turnbuckle through a table, but a minute later jeff was one upping him jumping off a ladder through a table, completely overshadowing matts jump.

now dont get me wrong i really do love the hardys, both as singles competitors, a tag team, heels, or faces. they are great. but e&c had the 5 second poses, their very MEMORABLE moments with kurt angle and mick foley as the commissioner. they made you laugh and enjoy the show, heel or face. the hardys (more specifically jeff) will most likely out stunt e&c everytime but they will never out wrestle them.

and when i think of TLC, i think of matt, jeff, edge, christian, bubba ray dudley, and d-von dudley. not just the hardys

OH no don't get me wrong I loved E & C and they did have memorable moments all I am saying they were outshone by The Hardys in TLC matchs they will be remembered as masters of Ladders too but The Hardys just did more memorable things that is all I did not mean to insult a team as great as E & C.

Okay, you have a pretty god question, well actually two questions.

1) Who is your (my) favorite tag team ever?

This is a hard one but, I would have to go with the same team as you, The Hardy Boyz. Jeff and Matt always had eachothers back during this time and they participated in the first ever TLC match against The Dudley and E&C (The best tag team matches ever followed closely by TLC 2 Dudleys, E&C, and Hardyz, IMO). These two guys both made themselves into uppermid-card/main eventers and they still have a ways to go.

2) Who do you (I) think shook the tag team world the most?

I would have to say The Dudleys, easily. These guys have held 20+ tag team titles in, correct me if I am wrong, 3 or 4 different companies. These guys are unbelievable as tag team partners making a name for themselves by putting their opponents through tables. Amazingly, The Dudleys are STILL together through all these years. I would have to say that The Dudleys shook the tag team world the most because whatever company they wrestled for, it didn't matter, they dominated the division at one point or another.

Very good thread. Cuaght my eye right away. Thoughts? Bash?

Yeah, I agree with Haner. The Dudleys are probably the most important team ever, certainly of the last 20 years. They've held the
WWE Tag team titles 1x
WWE World tag ttiles 8x
WCW tag titles 1x
ECW tag titles 8x
TNA tag titles 2x
NWA Tag titles 1x
IWGP tag titles 1x
They've won mor belts than any other team in that time frame. Also, they rae a relic, the last true 'career tag team'. SO many teams have come since then, but all eventually fell apart as the guys turned into singles stars. Howeveer, the Hardyz are my personal favorite. What can I say, I just loved them. They were exciting, high octane, explosive wrestlers who did spots that blew my 9 year old mind. Far and away my favorite team.

Oooo it's hard for me to choose between The Dudleys and E+C. Both teams had some highly innovative moves and excellent chemistry together, with perhaps only one major difference between them, The Dudleys were fun to watch in the ring, but E+C were fun to watch in and out of the ring. Their promos were hilarious more often than not, they took some wicked bumps, told an excellent story in the ring and were genuinely a highlight of every SD or Raw. Some of their ideas were highly reminiscent of the orignal DX imo. Go back and watch some of their 'Los Conquistadors' antics and you'll be in stitches.

For me, E+C felt like you were watching an amalgamation of DX and the Hollywood Blondes, whereas when i first saw Bubba and D-Von (having not watched any ECW at this point) i thought, oh great, here's two guys who seem a LOT like the Acolytes. The Dudleys grew on me slowly but surely, but i think i prefer E+C overall. They do of course, reak of awesomness.

However, i don't like the idea of saying that the Hardys/Dudleys/E+C being in TLC really revolutionised tag team wrestling. It wasn't really tag team wrestling tbh was it? It was a Hardcore brawl where 2 people are named the winners instead of just one. Sure they pulled out some impressive moves, and we'll always remember Hardy swantoning off the ladder, and Edge spearing Jeff from 10 feet in the air, and Christian delivering God know's how many falling reverse DDTs off of the ladder etc, but i don't feel that it revolutionised tag wrestling as much as the ladder match itself.

I mean, can you think of any examples where these teams had a classic tag team match that didn't involve weapons of any kind? I can't. E+C got cheap DQ retentions in nearly every title defense they had, and even if they did lose the belts, they quickly got them back (much like Edge does with World titles these days). The Dudleys put on some decent matches but not many, and the Hardy's were great chasers but nothing else, and you could basically check all their signature moves off a list in every match, because that was the extent of their abilities. Jump off things and go for the pin.

I don't know enough about old school wrestling to honestly say, but i'm sure that the Hart Foundation, or LOD or the British Bulldogs did more for tag wrestling itself, than any team from the Attitude era ever did.

In wrestling terms, the Attitude era basically was a time for Vince to say 'So everyone wants hardcore wrestling now? Well let's see how they like hardcore wrestling with a million dollar budget!' And it turns out people loved it the most out of the three brands available at the time.

So while i couldn't say who had the biggest impact on tag wrestling, deep down i know it's not a team from 1997 onwards.

I'm going to go in a different direction here, because otherwise I'd be regurgitating everything others have already wrote. That being said, I'm going to regurgitate myself seeings as I've made posts like this about 100 times. First I'm going to stop saying regurgitate.

Okay, a team that gave a lot to the business, but are rarely mentioned are The Rockers. Shawn and Marty were 2 young stars who seemed to have the potential to go far. As we know, only one of them grasped that as Marty had personal problems he couldn't overcome. These 2 were never tag champions and they won't ever be known as the best in the world of teams. When you watch them now it doesn't quite have the same effect until you put them into context and maybe watch a few other tag matches from around that time.

When you do that it's easy to see where teams like the Hardyz were influenced. The Rockers were one of, if not the first, teams in the WWE to really use the 'tag' aspect. the fact you have a few seconds between the tag and only having 1 man in the ring, the use of stringing moves along together and working with that is something The Rockers helped perfect and it shows in todays work.

I'm going to go in a different direction here, because otherwise I'd be regurgitating everything others have already wrote. That being said, I'm going to regurgitate myself seeings as I've made posts like this about 100 times. First I'm going to stop saying regurgitate.

Okay, a team that gave a lot to the business, but are rarely mentioned are The Rockers. Shawn and Marty were 2 young stars who seemed to have the potential to go far. As we know, only one of them grasped that as Marty had personal problems he couldn't overcome. These 2 were never tag champions and they won't ever be known as the best in the world of teams. When you watch them now it doesn't quite have the same effect until you put them into context and maybe watch a few other tag matches from around that time.

When you do that it's easy to see where teams like the Hardyz were influenced. The Rockers were one of, if not the first, teams in the WWE to really use the 'tag' aspect. the fact you have a few seconds between the tag and only having 1 man in the ring, the use of stringing moves along together and working with that is something The Rockers helped perfect and it shows in todays work.

Seeing how I don't wanna go into full detail about The Rockers, when someone just did. I want to add a little more, as to why The Rockers shook up the Tag Team world quite a lot.

While The Rockers may not have been the best tag team ever, they certainly were very influencial, as to what we see today. Both Shawn, and Marty are pioneers of the Cruiserweight style, and they both started this through tag team wrestling. One would hold the wrestler down, while the other would jump off the rope, causing a double team. Something many wrestlers never did, outside of their finishing moves. This was new, and caused a retro style of wrestling to occur throughout the Rockers stay.

As well as, the Rockers were the first ever tag team to break up the way they did. The Barbershop Window is something still refered to, and remembered by any core fan around the world. Beforehand, if you joined as a tag team wrestler, you stayed a tag team wrestler. The Rockers were one of the very first teams, to seperate the way they did. Outside of allready known singles stars joining together, and seperating, I don't recall a single team breaking up the way the Rockers did. Thus, the betrayal effect happens.

Personally I loved and still love the Hardy's as my favourite team but who has shaken the tag world the most? That's Team 3D/The Dudleyz.

They have won more tag titles than anyone and as Hacksaw said they are the last true 'career' teams who have stuck together through numerous companies and feuds. The Dudleyz are definatley the best of the last 10-15yrs anyway.

While The Rockers may not have been the best tag team ever, they certainly were very influencial, as to what we see today. Both Shawn, and Marty are pioneers of the Cruiserweight style, and they both started this through tag team wrestling. One would hold the wrestler down, while the other would jump off the rope, causing a double team. Something many wrestlers never did, outside of their finishing moves. This was new, and caused a retro style of wrestling to occur throughout the Rockers stay.

The Rockers were somewhat influential but the Rock n Roll Express were really the first team to bring the high flying style to tag team wrestling. I'm not going to say the Rockers copied the Rock n Roll express, but there are many similarities both in the team names and in fighting style. A lot of the high flying moves that the Rockers did were first done by the Express. Even the ring attire they had was similar. The Rockers often get credit for being the first well known high flying tag team because they were really the first to do it in the WWE, but it was the Rock n Roll Express that paved the way for teams like the Rockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back