• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The song that got you into...Elvis/Would Rock be the same without Elvis?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]d0vXxH1IEmQ[/youtube]
That's right people I'm back. I'm gonna be going back to doing this every Monday now that I have permanent access to a computer.​

Next up on my list is 'The King' Elvis Presely. I first heard this song as the opening theme to the Show Las Vegas (which I am watching right now). When I first heard it I had a feeling it was Elvis but I wasn't sure until I did some research and when I knew who it was I was hooked. Some of my favorites are Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, All Shook up & Jail house Rock. He also did a great rendition of Amazing Grace. The man was called 'The King of Rock & Roll' a reason which bring me to part 2 of this thread.​

Would Rock & Roll be the same without Elvis?

What I mean by that is if He had never decided to pick up a guitar and start singing. I'm gonna say no. We was one of if not the first to put some theatrics into his live shows be they on TV or in concert. By our standard they were pretty tame but back then they were scandelous. After this live apperance​

[YOUTUBE]ZEaFj2Xg9Vo[/youtube]​

he was only shot from the waist up and only after a certain time of night. And listen to those fans, they are going nuts. You need to remember back in the 50s people didn't do this they listened to the music. Yeah odds are very good someone else would have come along and did what Elvis did, but it would have happened I'm gonna say about 10-20 years later and we wouldn't be where we are today in terms of Rock & Roll.​

[YOUTUBE]SBmAPYkPeYU[/YOUTUBE]

It has to be Suspicious Minds. What an absolute tune, I love the video where Elvis starts dancing when the drums kick it, always brings a smile to my face. My friends and I used to all have this song on our mobile phones and would jump up and do the dance in the middle of lessons when the drums started haha... and then in the corridors outside the classroom when we got sent outside for disrupting the lesson! Good memories

Elvis is one of those artists it is impossible to dislike. While there are few of his songs I would say I "LOVE", there are very few that I cannot listen to. Elvis Presley just puts you in a good mood whenever you hear a song of his, I can see why he is so beloved around the world.

Without Elvis, music would be far different. His image, style, look and sound was completely different compared to anything else around at the time. Parents hated it, kids loved it and he broke so many boundaries. Again, there very few artists whose music is timeless and loved generations down the line. Elvis is one of these, and is justifiably known as "The King"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back