• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The shield members on Raw tonight

A11oftheLights

Getting Noticed By Management
So watching raw tonight it was pretty clear that its all done and dusted, not even Ambrose and Reigns continuing on without Rollins.

What was interesting though is that Reigns appears to be keeping the Shield attire and entrance and not even bothered by Rollins (who is basically keeping his shield attire). Ambrose looks to be the one who is going to break away from the shield look with a crazy gimmick and will fued with Rollins.

Do you think the way they are going about the Shield break apart right?

personally I dont think they are, however they are executing what they want to do. What i mean by that is, that I dont believe Reigns should be going straight into the title hunt without first dealing with rollins but the way he wedged and forced himself into the title match was genius.

I'm not of fan of how WWE is handling Reigns right now.

A week after Seth Rollins' heel turn Roman Reigns seemed pissed off about it, but now it seems as if he completely forgot about it.

I'd like to see them together still. I would want to see Ambrose lose to Rollins and Reigns beat Rollins and then have Ambrose turn on Reigns due to the fact that Reigns is becoming bigger than the Shield.

I'm a bit confused.

Rollins turned on Ambrose and Reigns. I got that. Ambrose and Reigns addressed Rollins the week after. I got that. What I don't get is why Dean Ambrose is more focused on Rollins than Reigns is, why Reigns seems to have completely forgot about the entire ordeal, and why Ambrose and Reigns now have different theme songs even though they're still considered "The Shield." I understand if WWE wants Rollins vs. Ambrose and Reigns vs. Orton or Triple H at Summerslam, but it they can't separate the feuds completely. It's becoming more of a clusterfuck than anything and I don't like it.

I feel the story being told is being told rather well. My problem is just in the minor details of the execution. Like Rollins should stop wearing the Shield attire. He has new music, and comes down the ramp. How nobody has said, "well he's not part of the Shield anymore, so he should stop wearing the Shield uniform" is lightyears beyond me. The most crucial part about getting a heel turn over is taking what the audience loves about someone, and changing everything. Look at Chris Jericho in 2008. Went from fun Y2J in long tights to serious Best in the World in trunks. Basically everything we loved about Y2J got changed. So Rollins still wearing the riot gear just doesn't make any sense. Beyond that, how are Reigns and Ambrose sticking together? Are they going to go on for a bit? Or are they done? Because they weren't onscreen together at all tonight. And I think it's fine to separate them, just do it so it makes sense. Like after Ambrose hit the Dirty Deeds on Barrett he had new music. Does that mean he's not in The Shield with Reigns anymore? If they fix these minor consistency errors, then I would have no other complaints.

If they're moving Reigns and Ambrose away from each other completely, at least give us a promo where the two amicably split with one last Shield fist signature at the end. They both laid down a great promo on last week's Raw where both seemed equally intent on getting their hands on Rollins. Ambrose maybe slightly more as they're obviously setting up an Ambrose/Rollins feud, but I agree that it'll be silly to just have Reigns suddenly go off to do his own thing with no explanation, or any sort of segment with Ambrose to signify "the end" of The Shield, so to speak.

Orton is off tv for two weeks injured, Batista is promoting galaxy they needed to do it different to make the most of the segments

It's sorta working

I think it has been handled very well.

Except for Seth Rollins getting wack video game start menu music and still having the Shield attire, I'm okay with everything else.

Reigns should keep the Shield attire. Give Rollins and Ambrose something new.

I hope the main event of Wrestlemania 31 is Ambrose vs. Reigns vs. Rollins for the WWE World Title.

As for Seth Rollins: I like everything with him so far, but I just don't like that he still is wearing the Shield gear and his theme is annoying. Also, he needs to cut his hair and shave his beard if they want him to look like "a corporate sell out" like they tried doing with Daniel Bryan a few months back.

As for Dean Ambrose: I like that he came out in "street clothes" and just fought BNB, that was fun to watch. I don't like that they put a different theme song on him

As for Roman Reigns: They are pushing this man like crazy, I loved the segments with him getting into the battle royal and the way he won was nice too. It was entertaining. His Shield theme is a bit different but I liked it.

Overall I don't like that all of sudden it looks like Reigns and Ambrose aren't even teaming now?
When Reigns demanded that he be put in the battle royal I thought we was going to say him and Ambrose but I guess he is on his own now. I wish they could have taken Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins till the next pay per view and then work Ambrose vs Rollins and the main feud with Reigns going after the gold

Although they have issue with Rollins, they still have issues with Evolution/The Authority as well. Ambrose going after Rollins, and then Reigns defying the authority and being in the MITB match keeps them all in the same storyline.

I think the reason why Reigns is going after the world title and he didn't mentioned Ambrose is because Triple H gave Ambrose a chance to qualify on Smackdown, and he lost to Wyatt. It really wouldn't make sense to give him a chance, just to have him lose twice.

Also, for those thinking that The Shield is completely broken up due to Ambrose/Reigns coming out solo, with new music : they're still together. While Roman did have a new entrance video and edited theme, his minitron still said "The Shield" on it. Also, on WWE.com's results for Raw when it mentions which superstars HHH excluded from the battle royal, it says "The rebellious John Cena and the remaining members of The Shield".

Honestly, I like what they're doing. It's showing that the Shield can still be together, while doing their own thing. Yes, Reigns should be concerned about Rollins, but he's staying away from that because Ambrose probably said that he could handle Seth on his own. If you remember, in the Shield's promo on Raw last week, Ambrose was more focused on Rollins than Reigns was. Yes, Reigns mentioned him, but then he immediately said he'd take out Orton and then Triple H. If Ambrose is dealing with Rollins, Reigns can focus at getting back at the Authority (which he clearly did last night with how he got himself in the battle royal), deal with Orton at MITB while trying to get the world title at the same time (which would be another way he's sticking it to the Game), followed by eventually getting HHH physically.

Obviously, I would like them to explain what's going on, but I really like how Ambrose and Reigns can split while still being together, if that makes sense. However I agree that Rollins needs a better theme and his own attire, but maybe he'll debut both at MITB.

i agree with most stuff written already. while it was good to see reigns focus on the battle royal and getting into the mitb match it was annoying that he just forgot about rollins turning on him as he was angry last week. they may still go back to it though. agree also about rollins still wearing shield gear that really should have been addressed by now. ambrose was excellent last night as usual and his expressions and mannerisms in the ring are second to none plus he knows how to sell properly (maybe cena should watch his matches and learn about selling?). i thought his music was good to and suited him. think it will be ambrose v rollins at mitb and i'd be happy for them to continue feuding for a few months as am sure they could have some excellent matches together. and whil reigns won't win the mitb ladder match this is surely the start of his big solo push which again i think is a good move as he's definetely going to be huge but there's no reason why rollins and ambrose can't be huge solo stars either they all have great talent in the ring and on the mic.

It's clumsy, they obviously wanted to get to the point where they have 3 more singles stars and so they've rushed the split through. The fact Reigns has yet to put his hands on Rollins for the betrayal and didn't come out last night with Ambrose to help Cena made no sense.

Then you have Rollins "I didn't sell out, I bought in" bought into what exactly? He has so far gotten zero benefits from buddying up to Haitch. I mean surely for his turn Trips should have given him a spot in the World title MITB match, Yet not only does he not give him a spot, he doesn't even give him a qualifying match or spot in the battle royal, but he does give Ambrose a qualifying match on SD.

In 6 months time if all 3 guys find their footing as singles stars it probably wont matter, but I think the angle right now is a bit of a clusterfuck.

I don't mind the fact that Reigns ignored it this week. I feel like he had enough to do this week that it doesn't matter. I would however like to see Reigns come out next week and cut a promo saying he was always better than The Shield, and he has his sights set on bigger things, thus writing him out of the Shield for good. Then have Triple H screw him out of the Money in the Bank, and have Reigns vs Orton at Battleground, then Triple H vs Reigns at Summerslam.

I think that Rollins vs Ambrose should be a long-lasting feud, possibly through to Summerslam, or even beyond. Bring in each other's families, have gimmick matches and really make it feel personal. They're both pure wrestlers, and I would love to see their matches, as they know each other so well.

So far, Rollins turning on the Shield has brought good TV, but not any good explanations as to why he partnered with Trips. I would write Rollins and Ambrose away from HHH, and have Reigns vs HHH/Reigns vs Orton.

Yeah it's strange but that's just how they are sometimes. Cole keeps telling us every 5 minutes that Raw will be having its first stretcher match in 10 years, but they "forget" about something from 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Reigns seriously bores me to death. At this point I don't care what they do with him. Even when I first started enjoying the Shield I didn't like him...Dean and Seth feud would be great...I'm at a stand still with Reign's..They need to handle him better.

If the Authority is stepping into the story with the edict that Ambrose/Reigns can't team together, and the Authority continues to ban one from ringside while the other wrestles, then this is being handled the best way i think it could be. For this month we'll get Ambrose vs Rollins one on one. And we'll get Orton and Reigns clashing in the MITB match. They can always circle back to orton/rollins vs ambrose/reigns the following month.

I have no issue with how they're handling it. In fact, I think they're doing everything right here. Reigns and Ambrose can't both face Rollins at MITB, so it makes more sense to have Ambrose be the one to face him, and therefore they had to build up that match last night by having Ambrose go nuts and attack him.

Reigns is just as concerned with Orton at the moment, so it makes sense to insert him into the ladder match where they can continue their feud within the 7-man match.

In case you missed RAW last week, Ambrose clearly stated that he is going to do everything and anything to rip apart Seth Rollins for betraying the SHIELD whilst Reigns said he is going to target guys like Randy Orton & Triple H and take away everything they hold dear. They did this in the ring still as a group and since they are still a very powerful force to be reckoned with (see: 3MB destruction, same RAW), why not split up and cover more ground? Also, on the RAW post-show this week, Ambrose & Reigns worked together to take down Orton and co.

As for the clothes issue, Dean Ambrose wasn't scheduled to be there at all in kayfabe. Triple H banned him from competing in the Battle Royale and he had an impromptu match on RAW in his street clothes. Unless they keep him near attire next week, let's just assume that Ambrose wasn't supposed to be on RAW so he didn't wear his SHIELD attire like Reigns did. He is also crazy enough to come onto RAW with the night off and go after Rollins.

So as of right now, the SHIELD (Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns) are very much alive but both men have decided to split off for the time being and pursue their own interests as stated last week on RAW. They'll probably remain an alliance for a bit but I imagine that Ambrose & Reigns will eventually shake hands, thank each other for being there and go down their separate paths.

I think it makes sense. It makes less sense when you really think about it for Rollins to change anything about his appearance. Seriously, this isn't a team sport where you change uniforms when you join a new team. Why should aligning with The Authority mean that someone would also want to change their appearance? It's not like he went through puberty and now has large breasts and a full butt. We only assume he would make a change because that is what we are accustomed to yet plenty of people bitched about Kane's sudden transformations (maybe not the people in this thread). You may take a vow to *********e less than three times a day, but that doesn't mean you're going to stop wearing your Free Mustache Rides T-shirt.

Or maybe they are just afraid Rollins won't look as dangerous without the vest due to his relatively slight build. Or maybe he will start hiding weapons in those pockets.

As far as Reigns goes I'm just assuming that he is focused on The Authority while Ambrose is solely focused on Rollins. Reigns really got the better of The Authority last night albeit through alternative ways. He won the night with his prank and subsequent battle royal victory. Wouldn't it make less sense if Reigns completely ignored The Authority and just focused on Rollins?

But really what we may be seeing is Reigns getting a chance to be a fun funny fun guy who quotes 30+ year old songs (tug on Superman's cape, take this job and shove it), makes speeches about having integrity and plays juvenile jokes.

I don't know. It makes enough sense to me but more importantly it has been very enjoyable. I enjoyed what I watched from Raw last night and The Shield stuff was some of the best. Each guy continues to excel. I've feared for months that the pieces would be less than the sum of the parts but that hasn't been the case. If people are preoccupied with details like shirts, music, and who is going after who it may mean that The Shield is failing as individuals.

As you said, I really find this whole angle rather weird. Rollins turned on the Shield. Next week, Dean and Roman address that. In that promo, Dean was focusing almost entirely on Seth, while Reigns pretty much said that Seth is a scumbag and instantly took his attention to Orton and HHH, as if he didn't really care about Seth. Sure, they both have beef with the Authority, but Seth is the hottest thing at the moment and they should both focus on him.

On this Raw, it seemed like Dean and Roman don't even communicate anymore. Dean just goes after Rollins, Reigns doesn't even care about Rollins and goes after Orton/HHH/the titles. There are also loopholes in the ring attire, the entrance themes etc. I say it was overall poorly done. I expect they correct minor mistakes they have made in order for this to not look so bad.

I find myself often agreeing with WarroBODFan and The Eighties. I don't like how WWE is "handling" The Shield's breakup. There're so many bits and pieces that just doesn't add up. It's like no thoughts were even put into it, apart from "it's time to break them up". Very bad story writing.

It makes no sense that Rollins apparently sold out for nothing. Let's assume for a second that that wasn't the case, that Rollins was bought over with money. If that's the case, then there no need for Triple H to speak so highly of him after acquiring him. He's after all just Triple H's employee, and he's sold out for money. Let's assume something else, that Triple H promised Rollins a bright future with lots of opportunities. But that doesn't seems like it either -- Dean was given a shot at MITB, Rollins however was not. Apart from the one good match with Dolph, he wasn't really given anything.

It makes even less sense that Dean and Roman can delineate their roles so separately after being brothers for so long. It's like Rollins was right all along, they were merely business associates. If that was the case why even pretend to feud, it's nothing personal anyways. And the worst part of it was how one sided the story telling was. It seems The Authorities has an issue only with Dean but not Roman, and they fine to go along with whatever Roman had planned for them.

The creatives are cleanly unsure of what they want, dragging the story out, testing the waters as they go along. Bad writing.

I'm a bit confused.

Rollins turned on Ambrose and Reigns. I got that. Ambrose and Reigns addressed Rollins the week after. I got that. What I don't get is why Dean Ambrose is more focused on Rollins than Reigns is, why Reigns seems to have completely forgot about the entire ordeal, and why Ambrose and Reigns now have different theme songs even though they're still considered "The Shield." I understand if WWE wants Rollins vs. Ambrose and Reigns vs. Orton or Triple H at Summerslam, but it they can't separate the feuds completely. It's becoming more of a clusterfuck than anything and I don't like it.

I agree. I would have hoped Reigns would have came out during the Cena/Kane match on RAW to help Cena and Ambrose out.

A Reigns/Orton match on a bigger stage like MITB/Battleground would be a great look for him if he's supposed to face HHH at Summerslam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back