• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Savage/McMahon Debicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
[QUOTE="Rowdy" Roddy Piper via Twitter]"Randy slapped Vince in a bar...End of that story!!"[/QUOTE]

*Debacle (Doesn't the title normally have spellcheck?)

Apparently, this is the reason for the apparent exile Randy Savage had from the WWE. Since defecting to WCW in 1994 it has been debated strongly why Mr. McMahon seemed to hold such a strong grudge over The Macho Man. All sorts of rumors would fly off. Among the most recurrent was the supposed relationship he had with a young Stephanie McMahon. It would seem that according to Roddy Piper, it was... a bitch slap. It was a slap, Macho! It was a slap all along! ... Ah, son of a bitch.

Whether it's the real reason or not, it seems to make a lot more sense than Macho Man and a 15 year old Steph. The WZ article reporting this also reminds us that it's not the first time an employee is completely banished from the WWE for slapping the boss. Nailz being sited as an example. And given that during the time of his departure, Randy wasn't really that active in the ring, I guess there is truth to McMahon 3:16. "I've got the brass to fire your ass".

Thoughts on what might be the revelation to end this long running debate?

What's a debicle? ;)

Honestly this doesn't surprise me. The Macho Man/Steph stories were always the stuff of urban legends without much truth to them, I mean if Macho HAD really slept with an underage Steph, you damn sure would never have seen that Macho Man DVD set released a few years ago, he probably would have been Chris Benoit'ed right out of the WWE history books. Considering how petty Vince is and his infamous ability to hold a grudge, it doesn't surprise me at all that it was a drunken slap in the face that pissed Vince off for nearly twenty years.

Any speculation is silly. None of us have a clue. Anybody who claims to know something did or didn't happen, including the Steph rumor, is an idiot. The Steph rumor is just as plausible as a slap.

Neither side has publically commented(and now likely never will), so anything is just rumor and speculation. For all we know, it was Randy that wanted nothing to do with the WWE.

Perhaps the Steph rumor started in the lockerroom and Vince got wind of it, then went to confront Savage and bam.....Savage slaps the taste outta his mouth. Of course that's only speculation.

Bret came back after spitting in his face then using his fist to knock the spit off of his face. So one would think that it was more than a mere slap. Maybe something leading up to the slap, and the slap was the last straw. I've read over the years that Savage wanted out when Hogan first went to WcW, but Vince wouldn't release him. Instead he kept him on as a commentator. So perhaps the bad blood stemmed from that.

We all know Savage was a bit of a loose cannon and perhaps Vince was done trying to cope with that. Or they never brought him back because they were afraid that he would "shoot" with a live audience and a microphone in his hand. Again this is all speculation and now that Savage is gone we may never know, but then again, this is usually when stuff starts to trickle out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back