• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock VS Vin Diesel - Wrestlemania 32....Book It

pkrebel

Occasional Pre-Show
Just after watching Furious 7 and thought wouldn't it be awesome if Vin Diesel and the Rock squared off in the ring at the grandest stage of them all

With Fast and Furious 7 being one of the biggest grossing films ever I think they'd be a lot of interest in this fight from non wwe fans. it could be build as Hobbs vs Toretto.

They could both come in fast cars during there entrances

What do you guys tthink?

From a wrestling stand point it would be a terrible idea but from an entertainment stand piont I could see wwe being all over it.

It would be the publicity they crave so much for. If anything ever like this happen it would probably be Rock and Vin Diesel teaming up against some like like Miz and Shaw.

Why wait an entire year? Lets get this bad boy booked for Summer Slam. The event could use a serious shot in the arm to close the gap between it and WM. The smarter move is to team Vin and Rock. Summer Slam '15: The Rock & Vin Diesel w/Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Batista w/Stephanie McMahon.

Watch the money roll in and the overly sensitive smarks heads explode.

Personally, I would love to see Vin Diesel in the ring in some capacity. But than again I'm a MASSIVE Vin Diesel mark so I may be a tad biased... still, he's one of the few "badass" A-list Hollywood names to never interact with WWE, and The Rock is a great connection to have in that sense.

Like others, I would team Rock and Vin up, that way you can get a legitimately good match out of it. Rock can do most of the work and Vin can be added into some nice spots. Book it.

Asinine! This idea is simply pathetic! Why would you even book a Hollywood star for Wrestlemania? Right, I'll better be the Smark that the commenters are talking about and argue that this idea is simply pathetic.

Many of us been worrying that WWE is getting more of an entertainment show than a Pro-Wrestling! Lately, it has started to change just a little by little one at a time. Real fighters like Brock Lesnar holding the title, Ronda Rousy tossing Triple H and Sheamus bullying around are making us believe Wrestling is still somewhere there in this Sports Entertainment industry!

I'll say it one more time, this idea is pathetic ridiculous!!

What....?

This is a really bad idea. If you want to have Rock and Vin Diesel doing something at Wrestlemania 32 to help promote their movie series then have Vin Diesel do a promo segment with Rock or be in Rock's corner for a match. I am 100% against putting celebrities in matches, especially at Wrestlemania. Why should an actor get a Wrestlemania spot over a midcarder that might need it? I watch WWE for wrestling, not for celebrities akwardly trying to work a match. I'm perfectly fine with Vin Diesel being a part of the show as long as he's not actually in a match.

Vin Diesel in the ring? Not good. Diesel walking Rock and (hopefully) Rousey to the ring? Hell yeah.

Aside from the obvious problems of a nearly 50 year old Diesel getting into ring shape, what's the logic? Sure, he's ripped like a pro-wrestler, but ring awareness and so many other factors come into play. He's also in his late 40s which really works against him.

Logic, why would real life friends Rock and Diesel come to blows? You can't turn Diesel heel, and you couldn't really turn Rocky heel if you tried, and he's one of the greatest in-ring villains of all time. Where's the logic? Who betrays who?

The real money bout is Rock and Rousey V Triple H and McMahon. The suspension of disbelief between Ronda and Stephanie is tricky, which is while Rousey squares off against Triple H mostly. Vin Diesel accompanies the faces to the ring, acts as a manager of sorts. Diesel has crazy charisma, it would be fun to see him trade words with the Authority.

You're not wrong, WrestleMania has a tradition of celebrity involvement, Rock and Diesel would be excellent guys to have on board, but as foes? Never going to happen.

I don't think you realize how small Vin Diesel is. He's probably smaller than Ronda Rousy.

Most actors are small to begin with and often look for extras that are small.

Directors will create illusions using the camera in order to make Rock and Vin fit on the big screen.

This would just be silly.

I would rather Vin came out as Riddick.

Watch Fast Five, if you want to see Vin Diesel VS The Rock.

I honestly can't picture one scenario, where this would actually work or make any sense at all for Mania 32. Diesel and The Rock have no reason whatsoever to feud with each other, and using the film series as a tie-in wouldn't work. I haven't seen Furious 7 yet, but from what I remember in Fast & Furious 6, you could clearly see Hobbs and Toretto forming a sustained partnership as allies.

To add to that, Vin Diesel is forty-seven years old, and he's not a wrestler, so you're running into a lot of problems for delivering a passable match. Talking about this match for fun from a fantasy POV is one thing, but in real life, Diesel VS Rock at Wrestlemania has disaster written all over it.

Just after watching Furious 7 and thought wouldn't it be awesome if Vin Diesel and the Rock squared off in the ring at the grandest stage of them all

With Fast and Furious 7 being one of the biggest grossing films ever I think they'd be a lot of interest in this fight from non wwe fans. it could be build as Hobbs vs Toretto.

They could both come in fast cars during there entrances

What do you guys tthink?

I like The Rock's and Vin Diesel's character in Furious 7 but I don't think this bout would benefit the WWE at all, just expensive promotion for the next Furious movie.

With no training to my knowledge that Big Vin Diesel has received in the squared circle him wrestling i dont wanna see. But a corner spot or helping the rock to hype up his match,would be fine by me..

Mr Dagger said it best,for him to get a spot on the card over a mid-carder would be a travesty.. If Vin wants to help manage or corner the rock thats all fine but keep him out of the ring.. I dont like it when celebrities are in the ring at Wrestlemania when that time could be used for a mid-card match.

With no training to my knowledge that Big Vin Diesel has received in the squared circle him wrestling i dont wanna see. But a corner spot or helping the rock to hype up his match,would be fine by me..

Mr Dagger said it best,for him to get a spot on the card over a mid-carder would be a travesty.
. If Vin wants to help manage or corner the rock thats all fine but keep him out of the ring.. I dont like it when celebrities are in the ring at Wrestlemania when that time could be used for a mid-card match.

Why would it be a travesty? Putting Vin Diesel in a match will get more buys than any midcarder WWE has. And more buys equals more eyes watching, and the more people that watch the more of a chance some midcarder has to get over

Sure, why not....Vince Russo could book a 'Paul Walker's ashes on a pole match'.... Seriously??? No!! Rock won't work some celeb and risk getting hurt.

Why would it be a travesty? Putting Vin Diesel in a match will get more buys than any midcarder WWE has. And more buys equals more eyes watching, and the more people that watch the more of a chance some midcarder has to get over

Yes but how is that mid carder to get over if Vin Diesel is taking his spot. You might get more buys, but they would be watching Vin Diesel and wouldn't see the mid carder at all. Your point is moot.

Now my brain is about to explode after typing that.

On topic, what a ridiculous idea. I want to see the roster we have on the card. Not some half baked Hollywood celebrity who no one gives a shit about unless he's in a movie with fast cars. Fuck let's have the fast cars instead and a demolition derby as well.

Yes but how is that mid carder to get over if Vin Diesel is taking his spot. You might get more buys, but they would be watching Vin Diesel and wouldn't see the mid carder at all. Your point is moot.

Now my brain is about to explode after typing that.

On topic, what a ridiculous idea. I want to see the roster we have on the card. Not some half baked Hollywood celebrity who no one gives a shit about unless he's in a movie with fast cars. Fuck let's have the fast cars instead and a demolition derby as well.

First of all, Vin Diesel is the damn man. Half-baked, nobody gives a shit about? You obviously haven't realized the greatness of Vin... but you will.

On topic though, I'd say Vin Diesel draws more eyes to Mania and although you would rather see somebody like BNB or Ryback, there are probably a ton more casuals that would tune in for Diesel, especially if The Rock were involved. I get you're argument that a mid-carder is having his shot taken away in turn for a celebrity but shit, when has that not happened? Mickey Rourke, Snooki, Mr. T, Lawrence Taylor, Akebono, Floyd Mayweather, and Butterbean have all played small-large roles in the ring at Mania... why not Diesel? The guy obviously fits the bill better than almost anybody else. Besides, it's not as if somebody like Bo Dallas or Fandango REALLY has a chance of getting over, do they?

Usually I'm opposed to celebrities in the ring, but if Vin could add something to HHH/Rock by getting a few good spots, why not? Apparently the FF franchise couldn't pass up the opportunity to pair up The Rock and Vin Diesel, WWE might want to think about it as well. To OP, this is nowhere near a terrible idea. In a business sense, it would bring in a shit ton of money but you're talking to the demographic of wrestling fans that actually value wrestling above all else... I could see how some people would be opposed.

Vin Diesel at Wrestlemania would be great! Just think of all the people that would tune in just to see Vin Diesel and The Rock.

BUT, nobody wants to see them fight! Just have the Rousey and Rocky vs HHH and Mcmahon match and just when Trips is trying to get a sledgehammer from under the ring, Vin, who is in the corner of Rousey and Rocky, stand behind Trips, who instantly drops the sledgehammer. Vin could point back to the ring or even throw him back into the ring, but please, don't let the man wrestle, it will only make him look like a b*tch!

First of all, Vin Diesel is the damn man. Half-baked, nobody gives a shit about? You obviously haven't realized the greatness of Vin... but you will.

On topic though, I'd say Vin Diesel draws more eyes to Mania and although you would rather see somebody like BNB or Ryback, there are probably a ton more casuals that would tune in for Diesel, especially if The Rock were involved. I get you're argument that a mid-carder is having his shot taken away in turn for a celebrity but shit, when has that not happened? Mickey Rourke, Snooki, Mr. T, Lawrence Taylor, Akebono, Floyd Mayweather, and Butterbean have all played small-large roles in the ring at Mania... why not Diesel? The guy obviously fits the bill better than almost anybody else. Besides, it's not as if somebody like Bo Dallas or Fandango REALLY has a chance of getting over, do they?

Usually I'm opposed to celebrities in the ring, but if Vin could add something to HHH/Rock by getting a few good spots, why not? Apparently the FF franchise couldn't pass up the opportunity to pair up The Rock and Vin Diesel, WWE might want to think about it as well. To OP, this is nowhere near a terrible idea. In a business sense, it would bring in a shit ton of money but you're talking to the demographic of wrestling fans that actually value wrestling above all else... I could see how some people would be opposed.

I've been watching Vin Diesel perform in movies since Saving Private Ryan, Chronicles of Riddick, XXX so on and so forth. So I know who Vin Diesel is. He's an actor he's not a wrestler. And this is what pisses me off about Wrestlemania.

Here you have the biggest show of the year, and the present roster is almost an afterthought. Most are shoved into a Battle Royal or a multi man ladder match, why, because in order to fill these huge stadiums, Vince has to bring in celebrities. Fans aren't interested anymore in seeing Ambrose vs Ziggler, or Bryan vs Cena, no they want to see Vin Diesel vs the Rock. One guy who has never been in the ring, and another who is a part timer. Those are the kind of matches that the WWE wants to put out there and the ones the fans will pay for.

So what is the point of watching all year, when on the grandest stage of them all, we get a group of people that we'll only see once. The wrestlers who have bushed their asses all year, and entertained us all year, all of a sudden aren't good enough.

Sure bring in celebrities to help bolster the show, but don't make them the focal point of it, don't shove others out of the way and make them the stars of the show. If I go to Mania, I'm going to see some hopefully great matches, and I'm not going to get a great match out of Vin Diesel. I'm going to get to see a Hollywood movie star in a wrestling ring. Well shit I can go to RAW and maybe the Rock will show up, and I won't have had to pay thousands of dollars for the privilege.

Sorry I'm a wrestling fan, and I want to see wrestlers giving it their all at Wrestlemania. Is that really too much to ask for these days.

It would be terrible.

Vin Diesel is cool, but he's not a wrestler- something everyone has pointed out. He's also somewhat past his prime, although he's probably a hard worker and would try his best. The Rock- and I love me some Rock- isn't as good as he used to be due to age and ring rust. Who will carry that shit? It would be a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back