The Rock & Cena To Wrestle 3 Times In The Next Year?

Wasn't the Cena/Rock special that aired before Raw this week titled "Once in a Lifetime"? How is it once in a lifetime if they are going to wrestle two more times afterward?

Wasn't the Cena/Rock special that aired before Raw this week titled "Once in a Lifetime"? How is it once in a lifetime if they are going to wrestle two more times afterward?

They can wrestle any number of times after this occasion and the marquee title will remain true; this one single match will be a "once in a lifetime" match. The label "once in a lifetime," I believe, isn't meant to be taken literally. It's meant to say that this occurrence is of high importance. The matches after, if they happen, will not be as big.

Therefore, considering the grandeur of the event and match, the title is not only for marketing purposes; it can be argued to be true. In other words, the "once in a lifetime" aspect of this match can be interpreted as the atmosphere and anticipation - not the match itself.

Meh not honoring the once in a lifetime tag line is nothing new. Ric Flair is practically the KISS of wrestling with all his "retirement" matches. Maybe once in a lifetime matches could be The Rock's thing.

After all the hype and 'Once in a Lifetime' documentary and shit, if you turn around and have them wrestle at SSlam again, yes it will diminish the full bloom on this Mania's match.

I think some people are taking the whole "Once in a lifetime" thing too literal. Hypothetically if Michael Jordan could still be a premier player in the NBA and came back and signed a 2 year deal with let's say the Thunder and they met the Heat in the finals this year do you not think that the NBA and ESPN would be hyping it as a "Once in a lifetime" matchup of Jordan vs. Lebron in the finals even if there was a possibility they could play against each other in the finals next year? Would it diminish this particular finals at all if they ended up playing each other again next year? I don't think so. Now I know the WWE isn't a sport so this may not be the best analogy but the point is that just because something happens again doesn't mean that it should take anything away from the first time it happened.

I think some people are taking the whole "Once in a lifetime" thing too literal. Hypothetically if Michael Jordan could still be a premier player in the NBA and came back and signed a 2 year deal with let's say the Thunder and they met the Heat in the finals this year do you not think that the NBA and ESPN would be hyping it as a "Once in a lifetime" matchup of Jordan vs. Lebron in the finals even if there was a possibility they could play against each other in the finals next year? Would it diminish this particular finals at all if they ended up playing each other again next year? I don't think so. Now I know the WWE isn't a sport so this may not be the best analogy but the point is that just because something happens again doesn't mean that it should take anything away from the first time it happened.

Difference between them. The Thunder and Heat would have a CHANCE to meet again, not that the NBA is already scheduling it. If the NBA was rigging the entire NBA season to guarantee Jordan vs. LeBron again, then saying it's a once in a lifetime matchup would obviously be just bullshit. If the WWE is already planning on Rock/Cena sequels, before they even face off the first time, then calling it once in a lifetime is bullshit. You are talking about chance, I am talking about booking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back