The Rock - 4th biggest earner in Hollywood

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Dwayne Johnson was the 4th biggest earner in Hollywood the last 12 months. Dwayne is like marmite on here, a lot of hate stems from bitterness towards him because he left the business...its quite pathetic really! Yeh, certain wrestlers pay their dues on the independant scene and never get anywhere, tough luck. And John Cena is there every night, because lets face it, he sucks as an actor!

I hope these figures (published by Forbes) lay to rest the 'Dwayne doesnt care about the fans' brigade. Dwayne doesnt need WWE at all. He isnt back for the money, he is back for YOU and because he loves to entertain.

1. Tom Cruise, $75 million (£47.9 million)
2. Leonardo DiCaprio, $37 million (£23.6 million)
3. Adam Sandler, $37 million (£23.6 million)
4. Dwayne Johnson, $36 million (£23 million)
5. Ben Stiller, $33 million (£21 million)
6. Sacha Baron Cohen, $30 million (£19 million)
7. Johnny Depp, $30 million (£19 million)
8. Will Smith, $30 million (£19 million)
9. Mark Wahlberg, $27 million (£17.2 million)
10. Taylor Lautner, $26.5 million (£16.9 million)
11. Robert Pattinson, $26.5 million (£16.9 million)

He paid his dues 15 years ago anyway, why should he get call the complaining about being thrown into the main event when he's too big of a star for anything else?

If anything I am just disgusted that ADAM SANDLER made so much money for his GARBAGE!

I have no problem with the Rock.....

I can't see how that is possible. That is probably somebodys estimates. As a movie star he has nothing on Wahlberg, Depp, Stiller, Pattison. So unless he is also producing movies I say that list is false.

Who in the blue hell is going to watch Adam Sandler movies? Do any of them ever get anything but slammed by every single critic?

Also @braveh - this is based upon last years movies. Maybe the ones you listed just werent as active last year? Only a theory.

Anyway, on to the topic. I think this highlights what any westling fan knows, The Rock = money!!!! Okay, I can understand the locker room being slightly disrupted when anyone comjes in to take a potential spot on a PPV. However, as a fan, i will always welcome the Rock back. Hell, just look at the guy every time he shows up on TV; he still loves every single moment of it. Its just that he is fortunate enough to be a spoecial talent and movies allow him to earn an incredible amount of money whilst stll being free to enjoy his fqamily for lengthy periods of the year. Who can blame him?!?

I can't see how that is possible. That is probably somebodys estimates. As a movie star he has nothing on Wahlberg, Depp, Stiller, Pattison. So unless he is also producing movies I say that list is false.

This is Forbes my man....

Good for The Rock. Why hate anybody who want to pursue different carrers besides being a Pro-Wrestler ? The Rock wanted to do something else besides Pro-Wrestling so he became an actor and a successful one at that. Brock Lesnar wanted to be a legit fighter so he went to UFC and made his name there, Chris Jericho wants his band Fozzy to be successfull so he likes to focuses on his band besides WWE.

And John Cena is there everyday because its his job. Its not Rock's job. Rock has been there,done that years ago when WWE was at its peak.

The people who bought into the whole 'rock is just back for a payday' thing always came across as rather daft. As was the whole thought that he had turned his back on what had made him. there were always going to be those who turned on the rock, its the nature of the wwe and its fans......sorry, universe.
Here's something to think about. You wont find many true veterans outhere who would say much bad about the man. outside of wwe propaganda, he's pretty much universally adored and applauded for what he did and continues to do for the business.
"We hate it when our friends become successful." i don't think i could've put it any better myself.

I'm not a hater but we the wrestling fans have to realize that he's not an AAA-list actor anymore. He has been there and it's been great for wrestling but that was then.

This is Forbes my man....

Sorry. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also @braveh - this is based upon last years movies. Maybe the ones you listed just werent as active last year? Only a theory.

He was only in one movie in 2011 and that was fast and furious and the other top actors were probably paid more than he was.

Forbes research team vs. Braveh's inability to comprehend

Forbes clearly made a mistake. I forgive them but I will be getting all my hollywood facts from now on from braveh.

You can slam Sandler for his films and talk about how he gets raped by critics, but he's obviously doing something right, and more right than other people you probably prefer so...

Not only is Rock fourth on the list, he did it doing sequels to shitty movies. He's starting to have the Will Smith effect, people seem to want to see the film because it has him in regardless of how bad or good it looks. I wonder what he's going to move on up to next, produce James Cameron style crazy fortune-grossing Hollywood blockbusters.

Eventually he's going to be outgrossing every other angel in heaven.

I'm just upset that Taylor Lautner is earning any money.

Good for The Rock. Why hate anybody who want to pursue different carrers besides being a Pro-Wrestler ? The Rock wanted to do something else besides Pro-Wrestling so he became an actor and a successful one at that. Brock Lesnar wanted to be a legit fighter so he went to UFC and made his name there, Chris Jericho wants his band Fozzy to be successfull so he likes to focuses on his band besides WWE.

And John Cena is there everyday because its his job. Its not Rock's job. Rock has been there,done that years ago when WWE was at its peak.

Totally agree.

Sorry. Just doesn't make sense to me.

idiot_award-300x151.png

I don't understand what this thread is supposed to be proving... that The Rock didn't come back to the WWE for the money? Good job sherlock, anybody with half a brain would realize that.

He came back for two reasons. The first reason is probably business related, as it's important to remember wrestling is a business. Nobody is going ot put up with the WWE's schedule and regiment if they're not getting compensated properly, and in addition to financial compensation, The Rock got the WWE to plug his movies for a few months. The second reason is because he probably had that itch that just about all wrestlers get. Some have it worse than others (Ric Flair, Terry Funk), others not as much (Bret Hart, HBK), but the fact of the matter is all these guys have attention cravings that can only be sated by getting oiled up and jumping in the squared circle.

So I ask you again... what's your point?

I don't understand what this thread is supposed to be proving... that The Rock didn't come back to the WWE for the money? Good job sherlock, anybody with half a brain would realize that.

He came back for two reasons. The first reason is probably business related, as it's important to remember wrestling is a business. Nobody is going ot put up with the WWE's schedule and regiment if they're not getting compensated properly, and in addition to financial compensation, The Rock got the WWE to plug his movies for a few months. The second reason is because he probably had that itch that just about all wrestlers get. Some have it worse than others (Ric Flair, Terry Funk), others not as much (Bret Hart, HBK), but the fact of the matter is all these guys have attention cravings that can only be sated by getting oiled up and jumping in the squared circle.

So I ask you again... what's your point?

I would advise you to take the Sherlock role. Trawl through the threads on here at all the Rock hate and I think this here proves my point 'half brain'...

'Doesnt love the business'
'Just came back for the money'
'Failed movie star'

Rock doesnt need Wrestling he does just fine without it. Bret Hart, Ric Flair NEED wrestling as its all they have. HBK is still employed by WWE which is why he is wheeled out now and again. Poor comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back