• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rev - Suicide, or Coincidence?

Avenged7X

Dark Match Jobber
Now... Call me crazy, but think about it.....

At age 15, he says that he will die before the age of 30. Strange, huh?

He wrote the song "Death" and 3 days later, he died.

The night of his death, he took painkillers and alcohol. Which is the cause of death.

His song, later renamed "Fiction" has some pretty coincidental lyrics in the song:
"Now I think I understand, how this world can overcome a man"
"Left this life to set me free"
"In the end I gave my life for you"
"I know you'll find your own way, when I'm not with you tonight"

Alright, now I'm a HUGE Avenged Sevenfold fan. They're my favorite band and I love all their music. I'm not making this to disrespect the Rev, he was the greatest drummer in my opinion, and is missed by thousands, including me.

But doesn't this kind of get you thinking? Either he KNEW he was going to die, or that was a HUGE, and eerie coincidense.

What do you think?

He didn't commit suicide, wasn't even a coincidence. He died when he died because of a Heath Ledger type death with the Pain medication & Alcohol. They aren't my number one favorite band, but they are in the top 5. Leave him be, wherever he may be.
The reason he wrote those lyrics is because they were originally going to have a concept album about the life of a man. That was the last song that they needed to be completed and well there you have it the fitting end to a concept album about life. Ending it with Death.

His death was accidental, if it was a suicide I think he would have killed himself off last year to be apart of the famous 27 Club. Other than that he was a great guy. In some points its a coincidence, other that than let the man rest in peace.

Now... Call me crazy, but think about it.....

At age 15, he says that he will die before the age of 30. Strange, huh?

He wrote the song "Death" and 3 days later, he died.

The night of his death, he took painkillers and alcohol. Which is the cause of death.

His song, later renamed "Fiction" has some pretty coincidental lyrics in the song:
"Now I think I understand, how this world can overcome a man"
"Left this life to set me free"
"In the end I gave my life for you"
"I know you'll find your own way, when I'm not with you tonight"

Alright, now I'm a HUGE Avenged Sevenfold fan. They're my favorite band and I love all their music. I'm not making this to disrespect the Rev, he was the greatest drummer in my opinion, and is missed by thousands, including me.

But doesn't this kind of get you thinking? Either he KNEW he was going to die, or that was a HUGE, and eerie coincidense.

What do you think?
Alright Crazy. Do we have to go much further with this? Next you're gonna say Cobain, Hendrix, and Morrison were murdered and/or faked their respective deaths and are walking around somewhere.:rolleyes:

You yourself say his death was due to drug and alcohol. He didn't kill himself—well actually he did, but not intentionally. He was a member of a metal band with a skull and bat wings for a logo which wrote/performed songs that dealt with death, drugs, darkness, and other generic "metal" topics. There was no coincidence. Had he written songs about double rainbows and kittens this would be a non-issue.

I can understand the misunderstood here, but I have to say it's just a coincidence. Nothing less, nothing more. I was also in shocked when I heard the story behind "Fiction", frightening indeed, but still a coincidence. As Ligerbomb said, let's not make this tragic event another conspiracy theory... ;)

It was clear that Nightamare had a thematic sourrended death.

Oh, btw EVERYBODY says that they want to die before their 30s. lol

Alright Crazy. Do we have to go much further with this? Next you're gonna say Cobain, Hendrix, and Morrison were murdered and/or faked their respective deaths and are walking around somewhere.:rolleyes:

I was just simply pointing out a weird coincidence, and wanted others opinions, not for other people to think that I think all those guys were murdered or faked death. This thread has nothing to do with them... Damn.

I was just simply pointing out a weird coincidence, and wanted others opinions, not for other people to think that I think all those guys were murdered or faked death. This thread has nothing to do with them... Damn.
:rolleyes:*sigh*:rolleyes:

Damn indeed… First off, I did give you my opinion. Second, it was sarcasm and exaggeration. Third, I was simply pointing out that there was actually a lack of "weird coincidence" and thus trying to imply your ideas were just as bad, or had as much merit i.e. none what-so-ever, as those put forth by so-called "conspiracy theory" nutcases.

Clearly this thread has nothing to do with the other musicians mentioned —except of course for the fact that they all died under supposedly mysterious and "coincidental" circumstanced leading various people over the years to argue all sorts of weird ideas regarding the "truth" of the respective situations, regardless of the fact that their deaths are actually rather cut and dry. Which of course is similar to what you seem to be implying about The Rev's untimely passing, hence my entire point.

But now that I've deconstructed said post for you, I'd say it's lost a bit of its panache. Oh well. *shrug* Whaddayagonnado? Amirite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back