• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Return You are Waiting for....

Whose return you waana see the most and why..

• Daniel Bryan

• CM Punk

• The Undertaker

• Kurt Angle

• Stone Cold Steve Austin

• Sting debut

• Shane McMahon

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is a lot of superstars in queue for a return to the WWE..I just
wanna ask whose return are you waiting for..Who would you like to see
come back to the WWE..

I'm really waiting to see Kurt Angle come back coz its been a long
time since he has been with the WWE..Also the thought of him wrestling
many of the talent in the current roster.wow..All those classic
matches he can put up with them..

Also I would like to see the return of the Undertaker and what he has
got to say about the Streak ending and also one last run from him..I
am also waiting for the Stings debut...

So whose return are you waiting for the most and why..

There is a lot of superstars in queue for a return to the WWE..I just
wanna ask whose return are you waiting for..Who would you like to see
come back to the WWE..

I'm really waiting to see Kurt Angle come back coz its been a long
time since he has been with the WWE..Also the thought of him wrestling
many of the talent in the current roster.wow..All those classic
matches he can put up with them..

Also I would like to see the return of the Undertaker and what he has
got to say about the Streak ending and also one last run from him..I
am also waiting for the Stings debut...

So whose return are you waiting for the most and why..

Angle, because it seems like he can still go, and there are a lot of fresh matchups for him since he's been gone from WWE so long. Angle-Cesaro, and Angle-Bryan(when healthy) are two matches I would love to see.

Basically every wrestler who has come along since 2006 and is good in the ring: Angle-Ziggler, Angle-Rollins, Angle-Ambrose......even another match with Lesnar all have appeal to me.

Angle isn't coming to WWE and apparently is going with TNA so that is out the door... so I'd go with Sting. I wasn't crazy about the idea till I actually watched the "preview" for The Best of Sting on WWE Network and it would be cool. I was never a fan of his but remember him as a kid and through the WCW days. Once his music hit the crowd would go nuts.

I was looking for Goldberg. But there was no option. I want to see him back because he has already said that he has an unfinished business with the Game. and hence Goldberg can team up with any one who is against Authority.

yet , among the options , I choose CM punk not Kurt Angle. Because CM punk has a lot left in him. He can still be the champ for a long time. He even has not faced Shied members individually. He hasn't faced Triple H. He can give more to WWE than what Kurt angle can. Yet Kurt is my second choice among given options.

I would love to see Shane McMahon coming back..It would really bring some fresh air to WWE, if he came and put his nose into their business a bit.

The return I would like to see most would be CM Punk but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, next would be Daniel Bryan, simply because I'm curious where he will be placed in his return with Ambrose, Reigns, Cena crowding the main event scene along with rumors of a Randy Orton face turn. I would also love to see Barrett return and reclaim his rightful intercontinental title from Ziggler and fued with Orton and maybe a proper fued with Bryan to help elevate the IC title.

For me it's a tie:

1. CM Punk return - Not sure if it will ever happen. Or if it does, maybe it will have been too long that it won't be as great as it would be if he returned next month for example. But ideally they do it in Chicago. When that Cult of Personality music hits, you'll see one of the biggest pops ever.

2. Sting debut - It will just be a special moment to finally see Sting in a WWE ring. It'd be great to see him up in the rafters and then repel down to the ring (but after Owen, there is 0% chance of this ever happening). But however they do it, it will be a special moment. One of those things you thought would never happen, like Bret Hart returning.

I'd like to see the Undertaker return, not neccessarily for a match(tho I am all for an Undertaker-Sting match if it could happen). I just want to see him given the kind of sendoff that his legacy deserves.

Walking out concussed at WM30 isn't the way he should be remembered and I am sure the majority of WWE fans would like to cheer him into the sunset before he hangs up his boots for good officially.

Angle for me with Sting a close second because can you imagine if they faced off in a match and the crowd started chanting TNA? It would be hilarious.

Daniel Bryan is probably the most realistic though and it'll be good to see him back, even if the Authority storyline could be in its death throes by then.

Of the list Shane is the one who interests me the most, because if he comes in it will have backstage ramifications too. Shane is very cash rich from his Chinese PPV business and basically if WWE wants to "do business" there, they will insist it's through him... he is their contact and that's how they work.

It was interesting to see the other day that Shane DOES have stock again in the company when he cashed out completely when he left. It was somethign in the region of £25m worth, so the mystery of where Steph's stock she was shipping seems to have been solved (as I suggested a year ago when it was happening) Shane does seem to be getting back in.

Onscreen his character would be a breath of fresh air, but not if he gets embroiled in the age old McMahon storylines. I would hope he would return independently of the Authority, perhaps as the "named President" mandated by the shareholders. Calls it down the middle, refuses to be a typical "McMahon" having seen how it's gone for the last 20 years and even being part of it himself. I have talked of a Dana White style leader for the WWE and Shane is a perfect candidate for that. Someone who does the "best for business" thing but not as a gimmick or a heel/face tactic. He says what he thinks, makes rulings that will piss them all off and take it seriously, like a Jack Tunney or Monsoon. Taker would also work but Shane would be very good in this role... He's not gonna "go" again, he's in his forties now and I am sure if he has no injuries from the bumps he took he'd want to quit while he's ahead... but we won't see the white haired pudgy guy who got photographed a while ago... he'll get in shape and be "Shane O Mac" or as near as he can be.

Punk of course, everyone wants that... When the mic crackle/guitar intro on "Cult" finally does hit the roof will literally blow off of the WWE Universe...it'll be the big bang of pops but I don't think we'll see it for a while.

Angle, not so keen on. I still remember why he was let go and still feel the right call was made without question. A short run, no more.

As for the rest, not that bothered... I'd much rather see a Matt Hardy return than an old, banged up Taker or Angle having one more match...

Of the list Shane is the one who interests me the most, because if he comes in it will have backstage ramifications too. Shane is very cash rich from his Chinese PPV business and basically if WWE wants to "do business" there, they will insist it's through him... he is their contact and that's how they work.

It was interesting to see the other day that Shane DOES have stock again in the company when he cashed out completely when he left. It was somethign in the region of £25m worth, so the mystery of where Steph's stock she was shipping seems to have been solved (as I suggested a year ago when it was happening) Shane does seem to be getting back in.

Onscreen his character would be a breath of fresh air, but not if he gets embroiled in the age old McMahon storylines. I would hope he would return independently of the Authority, perhaps as the "named President" mandated by the shareholders. Calls it down the middle, refuses to be a typical "McMahon" having seen how it's gone for the last 20 years and even being part of it himself. I have talked of a Dana White style leader for the WWE and Shane is a perfect candidate for that. Someone who does the "best for business" thing but not as a gimmick or a heel/face tactic. He says what he thinks, makes rulings that will piss them all off and take it seriously, like a Jack Tunney or Monsoon. Taker would also work but Shane would be very good in this role... He's not gonna "go" again, he's in his forties now and I am sure if he has no injuries from the bumps he took he'd want to quit while he's ahead... but we won't see the white haired pudgy guy who got photographed a while ago... he'll get in shape and be "Shane O Mac" or as near as he can be.

Punk of course, everyone wants that... When the mic crackle/guitar intro on "Cult" finally does hit the roof will literally blow off of the WWE Universe...it'll be the big bang of pops but I don't think we'll see it for a while.

Angle, not so keen on. I still remember why he was let go and still feel the right call was made without question. A short run, no more.

As for the rest, not that bothered... I'd much rather see a Matt Hardy return than an old, banged up Taker or Angle having one more match...

Oh would you please shut the hell up. This is the second time in 2 days that you have made up a story. First the Hudson/Otunga breakup. Now Shane bought stock. Dude get over yourself and stop making long winded responses that make yourself feel special.

On topic I voted for Shane McMahon as well because I miss his ridiculous highspots and stupid dancing. This is a legit response, no need to make stuff up without verification

Oh wow... what a prick.

First off go and read... it's on record that Shane sold his stock to fund his start-up venture when he left cos it had very heavy start up costs/buy in... and recently, indeed this week it was published that he now has about $25m worth of stock... it was even on WZ... Stephanie sold a lot of stock over the last year, again a matter of record... so it doesn't take a genius to work out who was buying it!

As for the Otunga story, again a lot of outlets have reported issues and that they are pretty much seperated other than for their child. It's not me "making up a story" if you dig into a subject a little before you post it actually gives you some perspective.

Don't EVER tell me to shut up or Neg rep in that way unless you yourself are sure what I am saying is NOT accurate and then actually write your argument rather than "you're too much of a know it all for me"... which basically is you admitting I know more than you...

Try reading this interview for a start...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/golianopoul...ion-is-fighting-to-make-it-on-his-own#4knj6zs

Personally, I'm looking forward to Daniel Bryan's return more than any of the other returns/potential returns/debuts. I've enjoyed Daniel Bryan for a lot of the reasons that some dislike him: he comes off as a "normal guy" in an industry where being over the top is the norm. As a result, I think it makes him stand out. He's fantastic in the ring and while he's not a dynamo on the mic like The Rock, again, I enjoy that he's a bit more toned down. It feels natural, doesn't feel so much like he's playing a role.

I wouldn't mind seeing Punk return, but I've sorta moved on. I think a lot of other people have too and sympathy for Punk looks to have dwindled over the course of 2014. Initially, people were rallying around Punk with WWE as the big, evil corporation. However, as more info came out over the coming months, it wasn't nearly so cut and dry or black & white as many thought it was. Personally, I don't think there's a "bad guy" in the relationship of Punk & WWE. Punk wasn't happy, so he ultimately did what he felt was best while, at the same time, Punk's confrontational attitude & lack of loyalty to WWE is an understandable reason why he wasn't given the Cena level push.

I've always been a fan of Taker, always will be, but I keep seeing is career is being basically over. The streak was the only real reason he was sticking around, it's been ended, his body's so broken down that he can't wrestle anything even remotely approaching even a part time deal like Jericho or RVD and there's nothing left for him to accomplish.

I respect Angle and I'm a fan of the guy, but WWE isn't interested, reportedly, in bringing him back except as a full time guy. If that's true, I suspect the company knew he'd turn down such an offer because he just can't physically take it. It'd be nice to see him appear in WWE again but, again, like Taker, his physical health is really in question. If he wasn't declared fit enough to be part of the 10th season of The Ultimate Fighter back in 2009, I doubt he'd come through WWE's barrage of medical exams with a clean bill of health either.

Take what I said about Angle & Taker and apply it to Austin. He's not been inside the ring for well over a decade, there's doubts as to whether he can even compete and Austin has said himself on several occasions that his body's not up for it. Every so often, Austin will make a statement or encourage some rumor that he'd like to come back for one more match, but only under the right circumstances. I've heard that shit so much from him that I'm at a point where I'm over it. If he's physically able to and wants to, that'd be great, but either shit or get off the pot.

Seeing Sting step into a WWE ring for the first time will be a huge moment. It'll probably go down as a classic moment in time as he's the biggest American wrestling star of the past 30-40 years to have never worked for WWE.

As for Shane McMahon, personally, I'm long since over him. It'd be nice to see him again but I've definitely moved on. Besides, Shane is doing his own thing as CEO of China Broadband Inc and he's also on the Board of Directors for International Sports Management. He's got responsibilities that he can't just put aside for a while so he can go wrestle.

As I've said in several other threads regarding past stars and veterans, I'm more interested in wrestlers who're in the here & now, guys who're currently big stars and can actively compete. Bryan's on the shelf right now, but get my meaning. Nostalgia is great and all, but I think effort should be put into guys who're helping to carry the company now and who will be carrying the company in the future.

Number one for me would be Sting they have speculated on when for too long now and I'd enjoy seeing him compete at Wrestlemania at least once, But I'd enjoy seeing all of them return apart from CM Punk

Just read the article. Please point to me where it says that Shane bought stock recently. But hey whatever bro, if you can't then its ok , I guess I just proved a know it all wrong.

sincerely

the prick

Oh wow... what a prick.

First off go and read... it's on record that Shane sold his stock to fund his start-up venture when he left cos it had very heavy start up costs/buy in... and recently, indeed this week it was published that he now has about $25m worth of stock... it was even on WZ... Stephanie sold a lot of stock over the last year, again a matter of record... so it doesn't take a genius to work out who was buying it!

As for the Otunga story, again a lot of outlets have reported issues and that they are pretty much seperated other than for their child. It's not me "making up a story" if you dig into a subject a little before you post it actually gives you some perspective.

Don't EVER tell me to shut up or Neg rep in that way unless you yourself are sure what I am saying is NOT accurate and then actually write your argument rather than "you're too much of a know it all for me"... which basically is you admitting I know more than you...

Try reading this interview for a start...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/golianopoul...ion-is-fighting-to-make-it-on-his-own#4knj6zs

Yes I read the article that you referred to and do not see any proof that Shane bought shares in the company. Please state accurate proof next time dude

Just anybody but that stupid annoying troll face Daniel Bryan. WWE is doing amazing without him and his pathetic yes chants. However I would mark the hell out if Kurt Angle were to return, or CM Punk. These guys are one of the best the WWE had ever had, and it was a really upsetting moment when Punk left.

I picked Stings debut. He's never been in a WWE ring and to see him finally wrestle for this company, which I believe is one thing he said he would never do, would be amazing.

Stone Cold is one of my all time favourites and I know he has a bad neck. So something like a special guest referee would be fine with me.

Daniel Bryan, I'm not interested in him at all, but when he does come back he'll get a huge pop and probably win the belt again.

Undertaker for me is done. He put in his time and it's time for us to leave him alone to live the rest of his life with his family, in peace and quiet. I agree with Jack Hammer that the streak was the only thing he had left, and now that it's gone, put him into the Hall of Fame and let sleeping dogs lie.

Angle and Punk I have no interest in seeing either one of them back in the WWE. According to reports Angle is already dictating his terms, and has been told where to go, and Punk after what he did, can piss off. I don't care if someone wants to quit, but at least work out your contract, and not act like a 3 year old.

Shane McMahon I love the guy. Just watching him dance around on the stage makes me laugh. I expect if he did come back it would be to challenge the Authority, but I don't see it happening. He might have ties to the company still, that doesn't mean he'll be back though.

I think that's the whole list done, but was wondering like Ollie was, where is Roman Reigns and Bad News Barrett. They have both been out for awhile and should be on there.

There are three names on the list that really stand out for me, But if I can only choose one, then I would have to pick Kurt. Of all the Legends on the list, Angle is the only one that could go out and still put on a five star match when the time called and seeing as h he has been gone from WWE for a long time Know, There are not that many people left on the roster that Kurt has faced before so any matchup he did have feel come across as fresh and new to the WWE audience which is something that WWE could really use right now. Also Angle has quite the History with Brock Lesner and is somebody that would actually come across as a genuine threat to Lesners WWE world title Reign.

I picked Angle because I feel like all of the others will be back at some point, in some way, Angle, I think, is the only one on there we are not practically guaranteed to see again.
Daniel Bryan- it might take him another year, but he will eventually heal and return, I say that despite the news that his arm in not gaining strength at this point.
CM Punk- he will either get over his hissy fit, or he will need money, he'll be back, and it will be awesome
Taker- No way Vince McMahon's most loyal guy (and maybe his all time favorite) goes out like that, he'll be back for a proper send off
SCSA - He'll be doing podcasts, special appearances, and giving Stunners out for the next 10 years, but I doubt he'll wrestle any matches
Sting- With all the hype, he's coming, they just gotta wait until they can make a big deal of it
Shane O Mac - Can't believe it but I really miss him, he's a lot better than Stephanie, and he's a McMahon, he'll be back eventually, hopefully involving a storyline with him usurping HHH and Stephanie.

I hope Angle comes back, there is no one I'd rather see take down Rusev.

I think I'm one of the few that isn't ashamed to admit that I still miss CM Punk. He actually left on top, and with no real closure so as a fan I almost feel liked I'm owed a CM Punk return. I'm certain it won't happen, but I promise you he's the one who would make me mark out the most. Undertaker is a complete shell of his former self (I'm sorry but it's true), so is Sting, and I guarantee you Austin (who turns 50 in 2 months) would be too if he returned. Daniel Bryan does nothing for me, and the only person from the poll that I can remember as I type this is the man who is a close second to CM Punk, Kurt Angle.

Kurt Angle is a pro wrestling (and WWE) legend. Like earlier posters have said, we haven't really seen him face ANY of WWE's assets, so any match they put him in would be a dream match. Even with guys like Cena or Orton, the last time he faced them was well before their prime. Seeing him mix it up with pretty much anyone on WWE payroll would be fresh and almost seem surreal, so I would definitely mark out if he returned to WWE before he too becomes washed up like his predecessors Taker, Sting, and Austin.

Still, with that being said, a young CM Punk at the top of his game is still my choice. He is still better than anyone in the business on the mic, and still a top-level in ring performer in his prime.

EDIT: I absolutely love Shane McMahon and would undoubtedly mark out for him more than anyone else I mentioned, but in terms of matches and working with guys in the ring, Punk remains on the top of my list with Angle as a close second.

Sting debut for me. He's my favorite wrestler while growing up and would love to see him in WWE. Even though he should have joined 10 years ago, I still think it'd be cool to see him in WWE for a bit. He could feud with The Authority and maybe have a match against Triple H at WM.

Sting. Just because I started watching wrestling in 1995 and Sting is the guy who made me a mark and a WCW loyalist until they closed their doors. Probably the wrong time (as in, 10-15 years late) for him to show up. Better late than never for long time fans though.

Bryan is my second. I've seen him wrestle in front of 400 people. Following a guy like that, you get attached even more. I just hope he stays safe in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back