• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Return of Big Evil?

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Well since kane is getting a fresh new look it only makes sense that Undertaker reinvent himself too. Now im many of us remember the American Badass gimmick the deadman had(2000-2003). Quite honestly I enjoy that gimmick more than the deadman. Now I don't think Taker should return with the gimmick before mania because I believe that this should be the first Mania he misses seeing as he will be overshadowed(Rock vs Cena). I think he should return the night after mania on raw. I think his final run should be a year and should be on raw. I think the american badass gimmick allowed Taker to have better promos. And there is a possibility that he can still have that supernatural/creepy vibe while still riding the harley down the ramp(kinda like Ghost Rider in a sense). So what do you guys think?

I would say i too loved the American Badass gimmick better then the Deadman one because he never talks with the deadman gimmick where he can actually cut good promos and we know he cant wrestle everyweek but as big evil he could come out and just cut a promo also it seems like where in the reality era which could suggest a gimmick change the main reason i dont like the deadman gimmick is its been done to often by taker he needs a change i love his match. If it is Taker for 1/2/12 i would be more of a mark out moment if it is big evil

Well since kane is getting a fresh new look it only makes sense that Undertaker reinvent himself too. Now im many of us remember the American Badass gimmick the deadman had(2000-2003). Quite honestly I enjoy that gimmick more than the deadman. Now I don't think Taker should return with the gimmick before mania because I believe that this should be the first Mania he misses seeing as he will be overshadowed(Rock vs Cena). I think he should return the night after mania on raw. I think his final run should be a year and should be on raw. I think the american badass gimmick allowed Taker to have better promos. And there is a possibility that he can still have that supernatural/creepy vibe while still riding the harley down the ramp(kinda like Ghost Rider in a sense). So what do you guys think?

I dont think the Undertaker should miss 'Mania because he will be overshadowed by Rock/Cena. From a business standpoint you WANT 'Taker there to make the card even stronger. 'Taker does not need to be THE main event, his matches usually steal the show anyways. Regarding 'Taker having his final run be a year, I doubt it. He is up there in age and most likely can not work every night. I dont think we will ever see "Taker on a consistent basis again, just short runs here and there until he retires.

I do agree with him changing his gimmick though. The dead man persona, although loved by us all, is rather stale.

No. Just no. Let's be honest: The Undertaker doesn't have much time left as an active performer. Having said that, it's only fitting that he goes out as The Dead Man....the same way he came in. Don't get me wrong, I liked the American Bad Ass gimmick as well, but I've been watching since Undertaker won his first WWF title. Deadman > American Bad Ass and should be the way he ends his career.

I dont think the Undertaker should miss 'Mania because he will be overshadowed by Rock/Cena. From a business standpoint you WANT 'Taker there to make the card even stronger. 'Taker does not need to be THE main event, his matches usually steal the show anyways. Regarding 'Taker having his final run be a year, I doubt it. He is up there in age and most likely can not work every night. I dont think we will ever see "Taker on a consistent basis again, just short runs here and there until he retires.

I do agree with him changing his gimmick though. The dead man persona, although loved by us all, is rather stale.

I don't know Taker vs Henry(wm22) and Taker vs Big Show and A train(wm19) Weren't the greatest matches and honestly I think we could of gone without them. And i don't mean he's wrestling all that year,but in some way or another cutting promos and interacting with other wrestlers.

No. Just no. Let's be honest: The Undertaker doesn't have much time left as an active performer. Having said that, it's only fitting that he goes out as The Dead Man....the same way he came in. Don't get me wrong, I liked the American Bad Ass gimmick as well, but I've been watching since Undertaker won his first WWF title. Deadman > American Bad Ass and should be the way he ends his career.

Like I said in my first post I don't think he should completely get rid of the supernatural feel. For example something that was never done during his big evil run was maybe he could have smoke come out first then ride out with the harley. There are many different ways Taker can intermix the two gimmicks to please everyone.

Like I said in my first post I don't think he should completely get rid of the supernatural feel. For example something that was never done during his big evil run was maybe he could have smoke come out first then ride out with the harley. There are many different ways Taker can intermix the two gimmicks to please everyone.

The mixing of gimmicks might be a good idea if he still had a couple of years left. In reality though, he doesn't. He just needs to be The Undertaker.

I have a question for you though. When did you start watching wrestling?

The mixing of gimmicks might be a good idea if he still had a couple of years left. In reality though, he doesn't. He just needs to be The Undertaker.

I have a question for you though. When did you start watching wrestling?

Febuarary 1999. And I know what you're thinking I don't know enough about Undertaker but I have seen his older stuff and to be honest with you I just enjoy Big Evil Better.

I don't know Taker vs Henry(wm22) and Taker vs Big Show and A train(wm19) Weren't the greatest matches and honestly I think we could of gone without them. And i don't mean he's wrestling all that year,but in some way or another cutting promos and interacting with other wrestlers.

You're arguing two different things, if he should not wrestle due to being over shadowed by the Rock/Cena or if he should not wrestle due to not having a quality opponent. There are quality opponents 'Taker could be paired with so that is not an issue.

'Taker should/will wrestle at 'Mania. It's been reported numerous times that Vince wants this to be the biggest 'Mania ever...no way that will happen if 'Taker is not involved.

Yes there is a possibility that it will be big evil hope to god he comes back with the rollin' by limp bizkit theme song and not the other one

You're arguing two different things, if he should not wrestle due to being over shadowed by the Rock/Cena or if he should not wrestle due to not having a quality opponent. There are quality opponents 'Taker could be paired with so that is not an issue.

'Taker should/will wrestle at 'Mania. It's been reported numerous times that Vince wants this to be the biggest 'Mania ever...no way that will happen if 'Taker is not involved.

Well what I am trying to say now is that if this is to be Taker's last wrestlemania I don't want it to be overshadowed by Rock/Cena.

I think Taker will have one more mania after this were I think he will lose to no other then..........JOHN CENA! I dont wont this to happen but i have a feeling wwe will do this to us

Febuarary 1999. And I know what you're thinking I don't know enough about Undertaker but I have seen his older stuff and to be honest with you I just enjoy Big Evil Better.

The problem is that you didn't GROW UP with his older stuff. We all make biased statements based on what we know or grew up on. That's why so many people on here claim the Attitude Era was the "greatest era of all time" and "we should go back to the AE". In reality though, I could name angles that happened during the AE that are worse than ANYTHING that's been done since the start of the PG era.

It's the same for you and the Undertaker. It's not a slight against you. We're all guilty of it in some way.

I would be extremely surprised (but happy) if he did comeback, there's bigger chance that Brock Lesnar is 1/2/12 then this imo but the thought is interesting.

I liked both the Deadman and Big Evil/ABA. I may get flamed for lack of intelligence here but i started watching wrestling relatively late (I was like 10, i'm 17 now).

When i first started was in 2005, when i had a lot of the 2002-2003 PPV DVD's and saw "Bikertaker", thought it was cool.

Deadman is my preference but i feel that Calaway himself enjoyed the biker more because, well he didn't need to spend hours in makeup and stuff.

He could basically come to work in his everyday attire and act like a "Turned up to Eleven" version of himself.

If he did shave his head (It's probably been debunked by now but i don't know) and comes back with short hair i could see it happening.

Dude I say this as respectful as possibly but you are out of your wrestling MIND. How does it "make sense" for Taker to come back rebuilt? Kane went BACK to his original look, which is WHAT MADE HIM SPECIAL to begin with. So how do you make sense of WM28 possibly being Takers last match and him switching to a character he had very shortly compared to his Deadman gimmick? Which btw has MADE TAKER who HE IS.

So for the guys fair well tour he should dump the character that made him special for a character that he DUMPED already to go BACK to his main character.

Without all due respect, this thread is wack.

Dude I say this as respectful as possibly but you are out of your wrestling MIND. How does it "make sense" for Taker to come back rebuilt? Kane went BACK to his original look, which is WHAT MADE HIM SPECIAL to begin with. So how do you make sense of WM28 possibly being Takers last match and him switching to a character he had very shortly compared to his Deadman gimmick? Which btw has MADE TAKER who HE IS.

So for the guys fair well tour he should dump the character that made him special for a character that he DUMPED already to go BACK to his main character.

Without all due respect, this thread is wack.

Well i'll attempt to say this as respectfully as possible. You can't deny that Mark is more comfortable and probably better at cutting promos as the american badass. And like i keep saying you don't have to keep completely get rid of the whole supernatural part of the gimmick. I'm not saying his Deadman gimmick is terrible but it has no doubt run it's course and since this might be his final run it was just a suggestion that he mix the two together to get as much out of his final run as possible.

With all due respect,your post was wack.

it was just a suggestion that he mix the two together to get as much out of his final run as possible.

I think the way to get the most out of his final run is to go out the way we all know him and love him most. As the Phenom, The Dead Man, The Undertaker. This thread is kind of wack. No offense.

I think the way to get the most out of his final run is to go out the way we all know him and love him most. As the Phenom, The Dead Man, The Undertaker. This thread is kind of wack. No offense.

Like i said man just a suggestion. I think too many people are beginning to take this thread like this is the way it has to happen when im not saying that at all. Im asking what you think.

You could set up Big Evil's return as Triple H bringing Undertaker back down to reality after WM27. He realizes that he's not supernatural, but he is still a badass. And going to destroy everyone in his path until someone can put him down.

I don't mean to be rude, but that is an absolutely terrible idea.

The Undertaker's deadman person is one of the most famous and celebrated gimmicks in all of professional wrestling. No one in their right mind would even consider returning him to his biker gimmick, which from a booking (and kayfabe) viewpoint, was the low point of his otherwise legendary career, a few months before the biggest show of the year and likely the last match of his career. Why not just redebut him as the Gobbledy Gooker, and let him main event Wrestlemania that way?

I'll give you the that benefit of the doubt and assume this is not a troll, so please get real.

People need to realize that just because someone started with this gimmick doesn't mean changing wouldn't freshen things up. And of course the biker gimmick was his low point comparing it to the time the deadman gimmick had. Im not comparing the two im talking about the positives of changing Taker up. If you don't like the idea then don't try to sound utterly ridiculous like some of the people above are,or better yet just don't comment. At least the guy I was talking to before had a way more polite way of disagreeing with me.

I started watching wrestling in 96 when i was 6 years old. I grew up watching taker as deadman, but even I have to agree that it would be cool to see a mix of the two gimmicks.

Secondly, If u are gonna be rude, and think its stupid, STFU already and stop posting. Great post Dynamite!

At least the guy I was talking to before had a way more polite way of disagreeing with me.

Pretty sure you're talking about me. Yeah, most people on this site are fucking assholes.

On topic so this doesn't get removed...I still think you're wrong. Taker should go out the way he came in...Paul Bearer and all

I think the Undertaker will go out as the Deadman, but, that doesn't mean that at this mania he can't be some middle ground form of deadman and big evil biker. I think the undertaker will face the Game at mania and go 20-0. But I think if mania is going to be in his home state of Texas next year then he will have his final match there. And at Mania 29 he could be the full feldged old phenom dressed like he was back in 1990. I could see him having a final match against either Cena, Lesnar, or even possibly Austin. And, possibly one of these 3 men could end the streak and the in ring career of the Undertaker at Mania 29.This is the way I would like to see the Undertaker end his career, if possible.

Pretty sure you're talking about me. Yeah, most people on this site are fucking assholes.

On topic so this doesn't get removed...I still think you're wrong. Taker should go out the way he came in...Paul Bearer and all

Well then there's the problem of continuity because paul bearer kind of screwed over taker in his feud against Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back