• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Reformation of the Nation of Domination

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
From 1996 to 1998, the Nation of Domination was one of the premiere stables during the WWF at that time. Faarooq was the leader of the Nation before he was kicked out by the new leader, The Rock. One of their feuds was with DX which took up most of 1998.

Down the road I think they should try to do this stable. Later rather than sooner because of one guy and that is Kofi Kingston. He's dropped the accent and I think it is time to repackage him in a different gimmick and I believe this would be good for him. He's not ready for the main event yet but later on in 2010, I can see him being ready and the leader of the stable. You can have MVP & Mark Henry be the tag team representatives or Cryme Tyme and you can have R-Truth as the U.S. Title representative and Alicia Fox be the women's representative.

1. Do you think a reformation of the Nation would be a good idea or not and why?

2. In this PG era, do you think a stable like this would have lasting power and would it be affected by it?

3. If you do think it is a good idea, who would be the members and would the stable be heel of face keeping in mind that most of the recent stables in the WWE have been heel?

I liked the Nation of Domination back when they were relevant, however I do not know how well this kind of stable would go over in the PG era. It would have to be watered down and not nearly as racial as it was. Maybe if they aimed their problems at someone in particular and said they were being held down by the man, maybe Teddy Long. It would create some irony at the very least.

If I had to pick some guys for this group obviously Kofi would come to mind. I agree that a stable with him as the leader my better prepare him for a future main event push. In addition, I would just like to see how he did as a heel. The tag team would have to be Cryme Time because I see a heel turn of some kind coming from either MVP or Mark Henry soon, plus you could use one of them as someone who is feuding with the new Nation. Imagine Henry and MVP fighting Cryme Time and suddenly Mark Henry just turns on MVP. You would have Henry join the new Nation and a rivalry for him and the stable as a whole. Also, I would like to see Big Zeke join this stable. He could be the big man and enforcer of the group plus he would give them the appearance of being that more badass.

You have already contradicted your own post. You said it could not be a racial as it was, then named only black wrestlers to be a part of it. The Nation Of Domination does NOT have to be solely comprised of african-american superstars. Owen Hart was in it back when it was hot. You could have guys like Dolph, or Swagger in there along with an MVP or someone as the mic piece. It could work but would be hard. It could develop into a modern day just "we're better than you" stable in sense of "domination" which would work perfectly for some of the mid card talent.

It would be interesting to see, but I dont think it would work because booking probably wouldnt allow it too. It is tough to call. I wouldnt mind seeing it if it was a success, but dont want to out of fear that it will be handled wrong.

This stable could work in theory. I would see it making more sense however with Mark Henry staying face to feud with the younger generation as he was a member of the original NOD.

The leadership duties I'd like to see fall on MVP or Kofi, either of these guys have the mic skills and charisma to sell the role well. I give the nod to Kofi though because he's got more momentum built up. The tag team isn't even debatable, Cryme Tyme is over and they need a good change of pace to really build them up. Big Zeke would be a nice addition to the group for power, but ask yourself this: With Shad Gaspard in the stable (in theory) is there really need for another power guy? The mid card rep should be MVP in my opinion. R-Truth would be entertaining but MVP would be more consistent. Not to mention Truth does a good job of working the crowd as a face and adding a bit of excitement, it's not make or break but it adds a decent touch to Smackdown when he makes his entrance.

If we're talking a full on heel faction of African American entertainers, that is how I'd like to see it happen. Kofi, Shad, JTG, and MVP. Have them feud with Mark Henry as he was a member of the original Nation, maybe even convince Ron Simmons to make a one-time appearance to back him up. Ultimately this idea is a bit out of left field, but given the fact of Bret Hart coming back and the Hart Foundation's history with the NOD I wouldn't mind seeing a new age version of this fued spark up. At the least give us Hart Dynasty vs Kofi & Cryme Tyme.

I don't think a new NOD would be a good idea...It has nothing to do with the race thing, or the stable thing...but doesn't WWE repeat itself enough?

BUT....

I am tired of NOT seeing stables of any kind anymore. DX, nWo, NOD, The Cliq, the Hart Foundation...just to name a few. Originally, when Legacy was being formed..I got Excited, because they had the 3 members currently, and they had Snuka and the Samoan guy...I thought it was going to be legit...but now it's just a tag team and a "leader". With the rumors of Teddy Hart coming to the WWE, I think Hart Dynasty could expand. I don't think WWE should make a stable the way they make their tag teams though....They just throw them together...I think members of a stable should have something in common.

Possible Stables? (I've never thought about any of these, so give me some feedback)

Leader: John Cena---members: Cryme Tyme, Slam Master J, throw a "gansta" diva into the mix.

Hart Dynasty- Current 3 members, Teddy Hart, Chris Jericho (All Dungeon Grads) Possibly managed by Bret Hart, If he sticks around after his 4 month contract.

A TRUE 2nd/3rd generation stable- The Colons, DiBiase, Rhodes, Orton, Maybe bring Snuka back?

Just a thought.....I really want stables to be a big part of WWE again.

P.S. Nice thread.

Honestly, it is a different environment that the original NOD was created. Unless they went the route that INDYjon22 suggest, have it against Teddy Long. That would create the angle necessary to give the stable meaning. Have it about a black man in power who has forgot to "look after his own." It would be a perfect setting, imo.

As for members, MVP is a definite must as leader, he has the perfect feel about him for this stable. I just get the feeling his mic skills could carry the whole scenario. I'd have MVP and Mark Henry as a tag team, and thats it, make it about the Unified Tag Team titles, you could eventually add another guy who could go after a Midcard Title, for that I'd have big zeke. I feel a smaller stable would be best, if it were to be a large stable, it'd need a large stable to fight against. I'd rather keep it small, cause then you don't get giant clusterfucks.

As for members, MVP is a definite must as leader, he has the perfect feel about him for this stable. I just get the feeling his mic skills could carry the whole scenario. I'd have MVP and Mark Henry as a tag team, and thats it, make it about the Unified Tag Team titles, you could eventually add another guy who could go after a Midcard Title, for that I'd have big zeke. I feel a smaller stable would be best, if it were to be a large stable, it'd need a large stable to fight against. I'd rather keep it small, cause then you don't get giant clusterfucks.

Although I don't agree with the new NOD stable....You could have 2 big stables in the WWE...one in Smackdown...one on Raw....They could feud....Kind of like how DX used to go to WCW on there tank? Make a war of the shows.

NOW see I've been thinking bout this since I HEARD ABOUT R-Truth returning. I was thinking he could have a fued with Mr.McMahon. the fuedwould center around McMahon protecting his idea of a perfect superstar. R-Truth would conseve (spelling) this as Racism and start a new Nation. He would then start by talking to Crym Tyme about they'er lack off merchindice and Title shots. Then move to convinceing Big Zeke to join the group and redubt Jackie Moore. That way they could have a chance to capture each belt. My only concerns are they wouldn't be used properly or the Pg rating will counter act the group or degrade it like Dx.

You have already contradicted your own post. You said it could not be a racial as it was, then named only black wrestlers to be a part of it. The Nation Of Domination does NOT have to be solely comprised of african-american superstars. Owen Hart was in it back when it was hot. You could have guys like Dolph, or Swagger in there along with an MVP or someone as the mic piece. It could work but would be hard. It could develop into a modern day just "we're better than you" stable in sense of "domination" which would work perfectly for some of the mid card talent.

It would be interesting to see, but I dont think it would work because booking probably wouldnt allow it too. It is tough to call. I wouldnt mind seeing it if it was a success, but dont want to out of fear that it will be handled wrong.

How is picking a bunch of black wrestlers to be part of stable considered racist? Just because they are all black, that doesn't mean it's racist. There is a difference between pairing up a bunch of black guys to work together or just making fun of or threatening a group of black wrestlers BECAUSE they are black. Sorry, but that just pisses me off when people think talking about a black person is racist. Being racist is threatening or making fun of a person BECAUSE they are black.

Anyways, I would like to see it because its something different. I would want pretty much the same people the original poster put in and I think it could work as long as the crowd is into it. That really is the whole point to it, if the crowd doesn't give a shit, its a failure.

Heya,

To agree with Tyler a bit, it wouldn't be racist per se just because all of them are black. Similar to Doom, it has less to do with skin color and more to do with Being domineering. For example CM Punk's upcoming stable (I hope they add some others to it) wouldn't be considered racist if another Caucasian joins

Now Dorky as it may sound, I already remade the N.O.D. on The Smackdown VS. Raw video game series since the 2009 version. I think the ideas I made in the game could work in the WWE for real. Here's basically what happened....

The First Reorganized Nation was Made up of

Elijah Burke (as leader)
Big Daddy V
Mark Henry
Umaga
and King Faru (A Created Wrestler from Africa based on a gimmick I did when I used to wrestle, think of an African version of The Great Kali with actual in ring skills)

This version wasn't so much into the racial aspect as they were basically a dominating Stable,with Elijah as the Brains(eventually winning the ECW title) and Henry/Big Daddy/Umaga/Faru destroying everyone. They basically ran a "your either for us or against us" and that included other black wrestlers like MVP and Shelton Benjamin too. They were similar to how the First Nation was with Clarence Mason before the racial aspect happened.

For the 2010 version, the storyline is Elijah lost a loser leaves WWE match against Tommy Dreamer (I.E. his draft to TNA) and Big Daddy V lost to the Undertaker in a Casket Match (I.E. got fired.) Umaga/Mark Henry and Faru remained alone and only Henry continued with his "Nation gimmick".

Eventually Shelton Benjamin becomes leader when Henry and Faru help him win the ECW Title over Christian. Umaga gets kicked out of the nation when he cost Shelton a non title match a few weeks later. He's beat down in the ring by Ezekiel Jackson who just left the Round Table and Henry. (This was prior to his death btw, in fact if you look at it real life storyline wise, it was his departure from WWE)

Hence the New Nation is now (and yes using Jacksons theme song)

Shelton Benjamin
Ezekiel Jackson
Mark Henry
King Faru

The only "Militant" thing about them besides being "all black" is their matching Red/Green/Black colors and using few phrases like "By any means necessary."

A lot of people I submitted my storyline to really liked it and agreed it could work in the current WWE. Similar to CM's Punk's new gimmick, it's no so much about race as it is
being better than everyone else (and even less explicit than his militant straight edge gimmick) So it could definitely be good. But Shelton has GOT to improve his mic skills tenfold and they would need one more person that's dominant as well (as my Created Wrestlers doesn't exist IRL unless WWE will pay me to come out of retirement lol). Prehaps a lightweight/crusierweight. To mix things up, someone like Finlay,Escobar
or even Carlito or Primo would be a good edition.

The Nation wasn't ever very good to be honest. It was were The Rock broke out, granted, but the vast majority of its time consisted of feuding the other two shit racial stereotype groups. The Nation could work, but it seems like a fairly pointless throwing together of people that have nothing in common except their skin colour, which is the kind of thing that all entertainment should be trying to get away from.

If the nation were in someway legendary, then I might change my mind, but in all honesty, I am against the idea of randomly chucking people together to form stables. The best stables, Evolution, Horsemen, DX, nWo etc. all had believeable reasons to be together above any superficial similarities, something which isn't true here.

My biggest issue is why does it have to be called "the nation of domination"? Just because it would be all black guys? I'm not opposed to having an all black kliq and infact think Raw or Smackdown would benefit from it and it would help the people in mind (MVP, Henry, Kofi, and maybe even Shelton Benjamin). The only way I would give it the Nation name would be if it had a member of the original nation in it (D'Lo Brown, Ron Simmons, or even a returning Rock).

I also disagree with people's choice for the leader. Kofi has shown us he is more then a silly accent but I don't think he's leadership material. I would say MVP is a better leader.

As for heel/face, they would need to be Heel. They need to be perceived as having strength in numbers and that will mean cheating at times to win. That is the role of a heel.

Let's forget about calling it a "Nation of Domination" stable. What essentially we are talking about is having an "All Black" faction. What we have to determine is whether or not something like this is appropriate with the current direction of the show.

Vince in this day and age, clearly does not appear to want controversy, and wants to avoid it if at all possible. Being that an all Black faction would essentially become a race-based faction, it is going to produce controversy. Therefore, Vince is going to avoid it.

Plus, he seems to be taking the High Road now anyway, and wants the low-brow entertainment gone. I personally enjoy low-brow entertainment because it is an escape for me from the Real World, and I know what I am watching is just that .... "Entertainment". Others unfortunately, can not make that distinction, so therefore everyone has to feel the effects of those who can't make that distinction.

So no, it is not appropriate in a PG Era environment to do something like this because of the inevitable controversy that would come with it.

That doesn't mean that I personally wouldn't like to see it, though, because I would.

If the Nation comes back I would have Teddy Long run it like he did the Thuggin & Buggin..Vince has been giving him the blues as Smackdown GM and adding Vickie as a consultant was an insult. He could step down and go on a tear revolting against the powers that b..bring Henry N as an enforcer, MVP is the midcard rep, and Cryme Tyme as the tag team. Keep Kofi, R-Truth, and Shelton as faces suffering the wrath of the Nation. Continue to let Big Zeke develop at ECW walking a fine line between face and heel possibly winning the ECW Championship and becoming 1 of the main targets of the New Nation jealous of his success..with Zeke eventually seeing the light and joining the group to lead or so he thinks.

Teddy Long and Zeke will eventually catch a beat down as an ambitious IC or US champ MVP continues his jealously of Big Zeke and cheats his way to taking the ECW Title and becoming the leader and main mouth piece of the New Nation with his legal consultant and new agent Abraham Washington behind the plot the entire time joining the group as a personal advisor. He could hand the US or IC to belt to Mark Henry on a silver platter. Zeke and MVP feud with Teddy in Zeke's corner with Zeke after comin up short a few times finally regains the ECW Championship with the help of Kofi, Shelton, or R-Truth all who were seeking revenge and wanting to end MVP's dictatorship..R-Truth goes on to defeat Mark Henry for the US or IC belt. Cryme Tyme tired of being hired guns turn face betraying MVP and win tag team gold not to long after the betrayal...

I think this could work. I was entertained writing it.

I think the Times have Changed to much for this,I mean its a Great ideal because of the superstars that can be used...and to answer the question is it racist?...No Owen Hart was a member of NOD...I do really wish They used this angle when Bruke in WWE his mic skills would be perfect...But here is my version of the New NOD

Kofi(after being passed over by DiBiase for a title)
MVP it would give him a reason to show off the Malcolm X Tattoo
Shad(he screws over JTG during a tag Match)
Jimmy wang yang(thos of u who don't know black people get our hair supplies from asians they know how to treat us well...plus yakuza are crazy)
Mark Henry he would know what to do

From 1996 to 1998, the Nation of Domination was one of the premiere stables during the WWF at that time. Faarooq was the leader of the Nation before he was kicked out by the new leader, The Rock. One of their feuds was with DX which took up most of 1998.

Down the road I think they should try to do this stable. Later rather than sooner because of one guy and that is Kofi Kingston. He's dropped the accent and I think it is time to repackage him in a different gimmick and I believe this would be good for him. He's not ready for the main event yet but later on in 2010, I can see him being ready and the leader of the stable. You can have MVP & Mark Henry be the tag team representatives or Cryme Tyme and you can have R-Truth as the U.S. Title representative and Alicia Fox be the women's representative.

Yeah, I think it could be interesting if they tried to do a modern version of that stable. Kofi could be the leader like you said, and could lead them against Legacy.

1. Do you think a reformation of the Nation would be a good idea or not and why?

Sure. It would be a good idea because it would give guys like MVP and Mark Henry something to do, and Kofi could lead the group in a feud against Legacy.

2. In this PG era, do you think a stable like this would have lasting power and would it be affected by it?

Maybe. It would depend on how much fan interest they are able to get. If the fans like it, it could probably last a bit. If not.... then no.

3. If you do think it is a good idea, who would be the members and would the stable be heel of face keeping in mind that most of the recent stables in the WWE have been heel?

I basically agreed with the people you listed. Kofi as the leader, MVP, Mark Henry, Cryme Tyme, Alicia, and maybe R-Truth. I would have the group be faces because they would likely feud with Legacy, who are heels.

I have been wanting some new factions in WWE for awhile now, and I think it would be beneficial to WWE to have some true factions again. It helps create new starts and new main eventers. Examples are the Rock, HHH(wasn't much til DX), X-Pac(he was the 123-Jobber before the NWO or DX). Wrestlers can become more popular from being in factions or for feuding with a faction.

Now a New Nation would be interesting to me, I think it would be a great way to bring Booker T back in if he were to re-sign with WWE like many suspect he will. He could debut back with the company. He could recruit MVP, Mark Henry right away. But I think you need a new name and Kofi should be left out. I think Kofi is perfect as a face and should continue being one until he is completely over.

I don't know that the N.o.D would be relevant. If it were to happen. I think it would be good for several wrestlers.

I would book it. Kofi - Top guy, Main eventer. Shelton - Mid Carder. Cryme Tyme - Tag Team.... I would also set it up so that MVP is suspended from Ring Action or Injured and act as a front man or manager.

I say if Booker T comes back to the WWE have him be the leader of a stable involving Cryme Tyme, MVP and Shelton Benjamin, with Sharmell being the valet of the stable. Have them all be heels with gangsta gimmicks. So bascially their like a street gang. Booker T would have the Harlem Heat or gangsta gimmick, whatever back. No more King Booka crap character. Besides Booker T was more interesting and entertaining with the gangsta gimmick. Have the stable attack random superstars, causing havoc and terror backstage. They have that in your face gang mantality. With them trying to make RAW or SD, whatever show they would be on their gangland.

Sidious said it best. We don't need some controversy in an era of PG stuff. The Nation of Domination formed because they thought black people were being held back in wrestling. The Rock made his mark by talking about the fans 'wanting him to die' despite him being a face. It was controversial because it was somewhat legit. The WWE didn't have an influx of African-Americans back in the day. And the Nation was formed to combat that.

In this day, an all black faction would work, but couldn't be done as good as it was during the Attitude days. It would have to be watered down to the point of no one caring about the faction at all.

Bringing back the Nation could work...I know WWE is all PG right now...but it could work.

The members would be
Kofi:Leader, MVP: Co Leader, R-TRUTH & Big Zeke: Tag Team & Eve

They will be tweeners, they will be slowly recruited by Teddy Long & raise hell all over RAW, bring up that America has a Black man as the President & how there needs to be change & how they shouldn't be stuck with dumb stereotypes for gimmicks:angry:.Have them attack mid carders & main-eventers (especially Cena:mad:) build it up until the week of Wrestlemania 27, the last clip that air will during their promo on will be of Wrestlemania 19 Booker VS Triple H:angry:. Then at Wrestlemania 27 in ATLANTA:) have Kofi win the WWE championship & they celebrate:icon_cool:

Side note Kofi & MVP & the rest should run out of the tunnel in the Georgia Dome & MVP should wear a Falcons jersey over his gear :)

I thought the teams in one of the Survivor Series matches this year (Kofi Kingston, Montel Vontavious Porter, Mark Henry, R-Truth, and Christian vs Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, CM Punk, and William Regal) was sort of weird... it was a really random pairing of people that (apart from Christian) was black vs white.

And, I don't know, other tag teams in WWE are race-oriented. MVP/Henry, Big Show/Jericho + Miz, SES, DX, Cryme Tyme... even Goldust/Tatsu could be construed as a team of cultural "others"

Granted, Christian being on the SS team, and Hardy/Khali (any others..?) makes my argument weaker. But the Survivor Series team struck me as really weird, because they could have thrown together really any midcard guys, but that is what they chose.

So, I don't think the WWE avoids drawing teams on racial lines, even in the PG era. They probably won't reform NoD, but I wouldn't say that it would be out of place in the PG era.

(I'm probably looking into this too much, but it beats the hell out of finishing this essay I'm trying to finish...)

I think it could only work if the WWE drops the PG thing. If done right this could be one of the most exciting things to happen in years. I think Vince should fire Teddy Long and then Kofi, Cryme Tyme, Truth, and Big Zeke all walk out on the WWE stating that Teddy's firing was because of his race. After a few weeks goes bye have All these guys come through the crowd during a main event match on Raw or Smackdown and have them beat down everybody in the ring. Then as the show is going off the air have Teddy come in from the crowd and get into the ring and announce that they are sick of being held down and now they are gonna do what ever they want to do. For the next few weeks have them demolish anyone and everything in their path. You could have them try and recruit MVP and Mark Henry but only to have them turn it down. This could be a huge feud between The New Nation and MVP and Henry. Down the road you have Henry turn on MVP and join the Nation. This is another huge feud. Sometime after things get a little stale you could have Kofi or Truth turn on the other and try and take control of the Nation. Just think of the feuds that could come of this it could sky rocket the careers of Kofi and Truth to main event. Cryme Tyme could also become a legit tag team. But this is just wishful thinking.

Sid said it best, this isn't about an NOD stable but an all blacks stable. Why is it racial segregation is unacceptable everywhere but when it comes to wrestling people want it to happen (Tasty said that to me).

I can't even fathom as to how you would think it is a good idea, even in the past 12 years since then we have come on leaps and bounds in the professional world of wrestling. Look at the new generation of Black wrestlers: Benjamin, Zeke, MVP who have never really played up to the fact they're black. Cryme Tyme have the stereotypes and Kofi started out that way but that's been phased out. Why? We want to see them as a competitor not as a skin colour. So putting an all black stable would be stupid, 100% stupid and set back black wrestlers about 12 years.

I'm all for it, simply because it could work. There is segretation still in the business, especially on the WWE's end. I know people don't want to hear it, but who exactly is the Black WWE Champion of note...oh wait, there isn't one. Booker T is the only African American to win a World title in the WWE, and he won the WCW descendant in the World title. Not once has a black man held the WWE's top prize.

A group of Black wrestlers coming together to call out the system in the WWE would do well. It's not just a black and white thing, people just love stables for some reason. It's no different then the Hart Foundation being Canadian and being Anti-American. That situation started one of the best border war feuds in the history of the biz, if not the best period. People love the Us vs. Them storylines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back