The PWI Female 50

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
Pro Wrestling Illustrated kicked off their new edition with the the debut of the PWI Female 50, while takes the top 50 female pro wrestlers in the Continental United States and Canada (excluding Japan, Europe, and Mexico) - with the exceptions of Sarah Stock and Sumie Sakai

This is the list

1. Awesome Kong
2. Beth Phoenix (current WWE Women's Champ)
3. Gail Kim
4. Mickie James
5. MsChif (current SHIMMER Champ)
6. Sarah Del Ray
7. Roxxi Laveaux (aka) Nikki Roxx
8. Melina Perez
9. Michelle McCool (current WWE Diva's Champ)
10. Candice Michelle
11. Mercedes Martinez
12. Victoria
13. Taylor Wilde (current TNA Knockouts Champ)
14. ODB
15. Daizee Haze
16. Angelina Love
17. Jacqueline
18. April Hunter
19. Natalya
20. Sumie Sakai
21. Allison Danger
22. Traci Brooks
23. Velvet Sky
24. Sarah Stock
25. Mickie Knuckles (aka) Moose
26. Katie Lea Burchill
27. Cherry
28. Cheerleader Melissa (aka) Raisha Saeed
29. Maria Kanellis
30. Amber O’Neal
31. Lexie Fyfe
32. Kelly Kelly
33. Cindy Rogers
34. Jillian Hall
35. Malia Hosaka
36. Christie Ricci
37. Becky Bayless
38. Alere Little Feather
39. Layla El
40. Kelly Couture
41. Jaime D (aka) Sirelda
42. Christy Hemme
43. Milena Roucka
44. Annie Social
45. Lufisto
46. Rhaka Khan
47. Danyah
48. Jennifer Blake
49. Daffney
50. Portia Perez

According to the magazine, the women on the list were ranked according to a combination of their marketability, their in ring prominence, the number of high profile matches they've wrestled in, and (for some of the women) the overall depth of their careers.

I really have no problem with the top 10, I think that all the women that received those spots deserved them. No disputing from me to the top ten.

Now I can't say the same for the rest of the list. For arguments sake I'll just pick out a few.

Victoria - I think a 12th ranking for her is a bit generous. The woman hasn't done much of anything in months, and even if her ranking was justified by her whole career, Victoria hasn't even done much of anything high profile since 2006 really. I think a number in the late teens would have been more fair.

Angelina Love - One of the breadwinners for TNA last year, surely the good people over at PWI could have garnered her a higher rating than 16th?

Rhaka Khan - Really? I must be going blind because besides the matches in which practically all the knockouts have participated in, I'm at a loss for anything that this woman has contributed to. At least Christy Hemme and Shelly Martinez have some name value, I often forget that this girl still works for TNA. I really don't understand why she even made the list.

So what do you guys think about the list? Do you agree with it? Are their spots that you don't? Do you find fault with the concept of the list? Or do you think it's fair? Share your thoughts

Wow! Ech, I thought you would have majorly disagreed about Michelle McCool. Everyone seems to think she is the bottom of the barrel but I myself see potential in her. I'm happy for Melina's top 10 spot, she defenitly deserves it. I was kinda surprised to see Roxxi in the top 10 over Angelina. Not denying Roxxi is good and the whole hair angle really boosted her overall popularity, but I though Angelina would have went top 10 over Roxxi. The top 5 is really solid and hopefully next year Melina will be in there aswell.

Wow! Ech, I thought you would have majorly disagreed about Michelle McCool. Everyone seems to think she is the bottom of the barrel but I myself see potential in her. I'm happy for Melina's top 10 spot, she defenitly deserves it. I was kinda surprised to see Roxxi in the top 10 over Angelina. Not denying Roxxi is good and the whole hair angle really boosted her overall popularity, but I though Angelina would have went top 10 over Roxxi. The top 5 is really solid and hopefully next year Melina will be in there aswell.

The list isn't ranking the women based on their technique or their psychology or storytelling abilities. PWI are ranking the woman based on their current marketability, how many consistent high profile matches they've had, their overall popularity, and they weigh the depth of their careers. I can see why Michelle McCool would have been ranked in the top ten, same with Candice. The only girl in the top 10 that surprises me is Roxxi, I would assumed that Angelina Love would have been given that ranking instead.

It's fine. The top 10 is about right. Outside of the top 10 does it really matter? It's not like anbody from Shimmer is important to most people who read that magazine. On the few times I've read it I've seen very little about women outside of WWE & TNA. Having women outside those promotions dominating that list won't do nothing for nobody. I doubt many would suddenly go out and buy Shimmer DVD's if MsChif was ranked 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back