Mickie James #1 On PWI Top 50 Females

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So I was browsing through Pro Wrestling Illustrated's most recent issue, which includes a list of the top 50 female wrestlers, and Mickie James grabed the top spot. I was surprised Mickie is number one seeing as how the divas have the reputation of being just eye candy. But Mickie is one of the very few in WWE that has the combantion of outstanding beauty and in ring skills. The top ten of the PWI female 50 are as follows:
  1. Mickie James
  2. Angelina Love
  3. Melina
  4. Mschif
  5. Tara
  6. Awesome Kong
  7. Beth Phoenix
  8. Michelle McCool
  9. Maryse
  10. Taylor Wilde
    I don't know about everybody else but I was expecting the recently released Angelina Love to top the list. Love and the BP had to be by far the hottest thing going in women's wrestling this year. Are you surprised five WWE divas made the top ten? Is Mickie's number one spot enough to convince the IWC that WWE divas aren't just meant to get you drooling? Do you agree with Mickie's number one spot?​

where is Gail Kim? pitty she should be near the top if not number 1 if you ask me.. I don't know if mickie should be number 1 but she is by far one of the top tara should be a bit higher as well.... and melina is one of the better as well.. 2 of those i dont agree with at all Maryse.. no and Taylor wilde only reason shes up there is she one upped kong a few times..

but yeah.. I agree Mickie is prob the top female atleast in the E atm.. even tho that goofy kick she did monday was pretty bad I normally dont bother watching the Diva matches but hers are always a bit more interesting

You guys have to remember that PWI is a kayfabe magazine. So it's irrelevant who you think is the better all around talent, who's better in the ring or on the mic or who's the most entertaining. This is purely from a kayfabe stance, and from a kayfabe stance, Mickie James at number one makes perfect sense. The WWE is superior to TNA in PWI's eyes, so this was really an easy choice for them.

Who the fuck reads or even cares about PWI anymore though? That rag needs to die, and quickly. Apter mags have been out of style for nearly two decades now.

I have to agree that Mickey James is eye candy with the skills to back up her reputation as a solid wrestler. But I have to agree with Mannic on where's Gail Kim? Granted since she's been back in WWE, she got blended with the talent instead of standing out, but she has the chops to at least make the top 5. Maryse??? Come on!!! She's glorified fluff and has no skill to back up anything. Where is Melina on the list? Awesome Kong, who dominated the woman's division on TNA should have been higher also. Not surprised by Angelina in the top 10, just not number 2...behind the Beautiful People thing, she can really wrestle.

Michelle mccool should be number 1 instead of mickie. I mean if you seen her record since june of 2008.

*Won the divas title had the secound longest reign with it.'

* Turned heel and beat the shit out of Maria and got the crowed to hate her and made the diva division on smackdown well more interesting then it was in 2007.

* won the women title and became the first diva to hold both.

You can say all that happen cause of backstage politics but i really don't think that as true. What about triple h sometimes used backstage politics and he usually doesn't get crapped on.

I honestly think any wrestler on TNA is more hot then james, even kong. I really think she looks plain and so generic in the ring. Yea i know generically good but the thing is everyone is ooing and awwing over her and she is just as good as the tna lower card divas or midcard divas from the additude era. I think shes better then 90 percent of wwe roster that is crap so thats why she gets looked at so high.

So I was browsing through Pro Wrestling Illustrated's most recent issue, which includes a list of the top 50 female wrestlers, and Mickie James grabed the top spot. I was surprised Mickie is number one seeing as how the divas have the reputation of being just eye candy. But Mickie is one of the very few in WWE that has the combantion of outstanding beauty and in ring skills. The top ten of the PWI female 50 are as follows:
  1. Mickie James
  2. Angelina Love
  3. Melina
  4. Mschif
  5. Tara
  6. Awesome Kong
  7. Beth Phoenix
  8. Michelle McCool
  9. Maryse
  10. Taylor Wilde
    I don't know about everybody else but I was expecting the recently released Angelina Love to top the list. Love and the BP had to be by far the hottest thing going in women's wrestling this year. Are you surprised five WWE divas made the top ten? Is Mickie's number one spot enough to convince the IWC that WWE divas aren't just meant to get you drooling? Do you agree with Mickie's number one spot?​

I tend to Ignore PWI because it seems to have a one sided opinion that WWE is the Top Dog

I don’t care if the magazine is supposed to be kayfabe or not, this is yet another reason why I don’t and never will take them serious.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Mickie but she simply does not deserve to be number one on anyone who watches TNA and WWE lists. Why? Well the answer is pretty simple; I determine the number one spot by who has had a better year (that doesn’t necessarily mean who has won the most titles) and Mickie just didn’t have a better year than a few of the knockouts therefore she shouldn't be number on the list (I really do mean that, I’m not just saying that because people consider the knockouts to be better than the divas).

TBP have had an excellent year and have been one of the best things about TNA since they formed. So I wouldn’t just have one of the members as the number one spot, I would actually put Angelina and Velvet as number one. I think they both deserve the spot because they have both been spectacular in their roles and I honestly can’t say either one of them has done better than the other (unless it comes to looks because I think we can all agree that Velvet is way sexier).

It’s not Mickie’s fault that she wouldn’t be number one on my list, it’s mostly creative’s fault because of the way the divas are booked, but I guess since the WWE is bigger than TNA it also means that they are better in every aspect of pro-wrestling…or at least according to PWI.

Of course Mickey is #1. Why are we even arguing this. This isn't even a debate.

And I LOVE Angelina Love. By far imo, the sexiest woman in wrestling. VERY good in the ring, possibly as good as Mickey. But this isn't the 80's. Wrestling is only one aspect of the industry. And the #1 Diva, has to go to the #1 Wrestling organization. But Mickey is asked to do A LOT more than any TNA knockout. Mickey travels probably every day for autograph sessions, Republican National Conventions, Toy Fairs, interviews. That is a lot more responsibility. Also Mickey performs in front of crowds 10x the size of TNA's. A lot harder to stay consistent in the eyes of 20,000 than 1,000. Also, Mickey tours a lot more. Different cities every week, yet she still gets good pops. Where Love pretty much only goes to a different city once a month for a PPV.

I think we should be discussing how Angelina Love is #2. That, in and of itself, is a remarkable feat, if you enjoy the tabloids of wrestling. And I think it speaks volumes on how remarkable this woman is. She's in the way smaller organization, she performs in front of the same small crowd, yet she is #2. That's fantastic.

Compare that to maybe the men rankings where I'm not sure a single TNA wrestler would be in the top 5.

Well, there are some good valid reasons as to why Mickie James can be considered the number one spot of 2009 other than just "being hot" & "winning titles." She is easily the top dog on the Diva's roster that is basically featured week in week out in a wrestling role. She has the crowd connection & the fan following behind her, she has a vast moveset on her & always does her side of the match to a high standard. In the ring, she beats Angelina Love. Sure, she can work the heel role & consistently provides something good for every match... but she does not have the experience or the ability to carry matches.

Angelina has had a hot year in the wrestling world amongst the women wrestlers, but this was due to her being apart of the tag team known as the Beautiful People. Yeah, she did carry the team in the ring and was given the KnockOut's championship for a couple of reigns... but Velvet Sky helped Love to become the stable the BP is today. Mickie James had a good year as well becoming the second diva to win both the Divas & Womens titles as well as having some good matches with Maryse & others. She did not need a second person to help achieve this, unlike Love. Did I mention that she is kind of like the ring general on the Diva's roster where Love wasn't?

Angelina Love deserves to be in the Top Three for this year without a doubt, but her achievements weren't done alone. Mickie James on the other hand, was a solo effort. Hence why Mickie is one & Angelina is two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back