• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The promo game.

It's not Y2J.

Hints:

-It was a promo involving two best friends, one of em said it to the other
-They won the WWF Tag Team Titles together just 1 time
-They are former ECW champions

This was Funk to Foley.

It was a Raw episode, circa-early summer '06 I believe.

Funk was trying to bait Foley to fight him. Called Foley "like a son" in the promo. Then went on to call his wife a ****e and his son a bastard after things started getting out of hand. It was a great exchange.

Now we'll go ahead and go with the one I got in a little too late earlier...

''I'm sorry you feel that way. There is one thing I would like to say, that is that, at one time you referred to me as a world champion liar. And I've just gotta say if you're gonna be a liar, you might as well be a world champion liar!"

Bump for hints that shouldn't be necesary guys...

The promo:
-Happened in the last four years
-It was on Raw
-The statement was made to a legend by a "non-wrestler"
-The two parties involved have a very storied history

I'm gonna leave blanks where the wrestler in question says his own name.

"Pink tights what the hell is that all about, Bret? This ain't no ballet class. Sunglasses and sparklers? What a load of crap. So, Bret, you're coming back to continue a legacy? Uh-unh! ______ gonna make your comeback a living HELL. So, you can start begging for some mercy right now. You will beg for mercy, you're not gonna find it! I think you're completely pathetic. You're the 'Best there is, was and ever will be'? Whatever! Son, you're looking at the best there is_____ rules! I will kick your pink and black ass all over the Garden. I'm gonna end your legacy. You will beg for mercy at Madison Square Garden."

I'm gonna leave blanks where the wrestler in question says his own name.

"Pink tights what the hell is that all about, Bret? This ain't no ballet class. Sunglasses and sparklers? What a load of crap. So, Bret, you're coming back to continue a legacy? Uh-unh! ______ gonna make your comeback a living HELL. So, you can start begging for some mercy right now. You will beg for mercy, you're not gonna find it! I think you're completely pathetic. You're the 'Best there is, was and ever will be'? Whatever! Son, you're looking at the best there is_____ rules! I will kick your pink and black ass all over the Garden. I'm gonna end your legacy. You will beg for mercy at Madison Square Garden."

This was Austin. Obviously during the Bret feud, fall of '96. Probably an episode of Superstars, because I don't think it was on RAW. Pillman was doing the interview in the ring, and caught a beatdown.

Next one...
"You're an overbearing asshole! That's right, you're an obnoxious, overbearing ass! Abuse of power! Cut me off, come on! It's called abuse of power. You suck! I hate your guts! I hate your guts. You're a liar, you're a cheat, you're a scam, you're a no good son of a bitch. Fire me! I'm already fired! Fire me! I'm already fired!"

"You're an overbearing asshole! That's right, you're an obnoxious, overbearing ass! Abuse of power! Cut me off, come on! It's called abuse of power. You suck! I hate your guts! I hate your guts. You're a liar, you're a cheat, you're a scam, you're a no good son of a bitch. Fire me! I'm already fired! Fire me! I'm already fired!"

That's Ric Flair to Eric Bischoff when Flair returned to Nitro in 1998

"The day has finally come. The minutes, the seconds, we have reached our moment. As you and I climb into the ring we clash like two titans, but there will only be one winner."

That's Ric Flair to Eric Bischoff when Flair returned to Nitro in 1998

"The day has finally come. The minutes, the seconds, we have reached our moment. As you and I climb into the ring we clash like two titans, but there will only be one winner."

Steamboat at WMIII, before the greatest IC title match ever.

Next:
I see what you're trying to do and I'm not gonna fall for it. See you and I we're a team buddy, a unit, amigos, partners, bosom buddies, friends till the end and when you and I are together there is no one, and I mean no one, who can beat us. So what do you say partner?

Angle to Benoit at Survivor Series 02.

We need another quote to continue this.

“A man takes responsibility for his actions. A man doesn’t hide underneath and jump another man from behind. A man looks another man in the eye. Get ready, I’m coming to fight.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back